Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

And you reckon I'm a smart arse?

There are some subtleties and nuance that you haven't detected here. Suggesting we retain brown does not mean that we shouldn't accelerate the development of existing talent. Or that people have suggested we trade our scraps for a 1st rounder. There are significant shades of grey here.

We've had 6 rising stars in around 30 rounds of footy. The rebuild is already occurring. And the suggestion we off load our best forward for a draft pick in a year that has had no competition to analyse from is non sensical. There will be at least half a dozen players moved on who have clogged our list to make way for developing talent, and there is wiggle room in the cap for other trading or free agency options that present themselves. You think that the camp that wants to retain brown are not interested in success and that the only way to do so is to trade him. Our list is moving in the right direction already, stop with the toys out of the cot routine.
BA9BBF15-40CB-436E-A297-9E60BF7E02C6.gif

And you reckon I'm a smart arse?

There are some subtleties and nuance that you haven't detected here. Suggesting we retain brown does not mean that we shouldn't accelerate the development of existing talent. Or that people have suggested we trade our scraps for a 1st rounder. There are significant shades of grey here.

We've had 6 rising stars in around 30 rounds of footy. The rebuild is already occurring. And the suggestion we off load our best forward for a draft pick in a year that has had no competition to analyse from is non sensical. There will be at least half a dozen players moved on who have clogged our list to make way for developing talent, and there is wiggle room in the cap for other trading or free agency options that present themselves. You think that the camp that wants to retain brown are not interested in success and that the only way to do so is to trade him. Our list is moving in the right direction already, stop with the toys out of the cot routine.
Thanks for your answer and given the way you have written I think my reckoning of you is right on the money.

I asked to show a way forward for the club if you are not doing it by accessing further first round draft picks to access elite talent.

If you dont want to go down this road (which we all know is not fullproof) what is your alternative to list regeneration over the next 3 years?

After the hyperbole and excuses your suggested way forward is ...our list is moving in the right direction...we will offload half a dozen players who are dead wood...

This approach is nothing more than the 'we will take our turn in the draft and see where that leads us' approach and this is exactly the way we have done it for the past 20 years - it doesn't work and wont be the way the club approaches this going forward.

Thanks for your answer and given the way you have written I think my reckoning of you is right on the money.

I asked to show a way forward for the club if you are not doing it by accessing further first round draft picks to access elite talent.

If you dont want to go down this road (which we all know is not fullproof) what is your alternative to list regeneration over the next 3 years?

After the hyperbole and excuses your suggested way forward is ...our list is moving in the right direction...we will offload half a dozen players who are dead wood...

This approach is nothing more than the 'we will take our turn in the draft and see where that leads us' approach and this is exactly the way we have done it for the past 20 years - it doesn't work and wont be the way the club approaches this going forward.
We already have two top 10s at this stage. As well as some legitimate targets via FA who would fit the right age profile of the list. Comprehension not your strong suit? Essentially anyone not wanting to throw the baby out with the bath water is engaging in hyperbole. Our list strategy has consistently been about remaining competitive - topping up has occurred for years. I'm against this, cannot be clearer on that. No Halls, Kasey Greens, Farren Rays. You arent open to reasoned discussion, you want to live in an echo chamber

The we already have 2 top 10 picks is laughable pls stop with that

There is no harm getting a 3 first rounder and do something like what port did when they brought in butters, rozzee and duursma with 3 first rounders

Or the suns with king, lukossious and rankine in the one draft

Helps rejuvenate your list

There is no harm getting a 3 first rounder and do something like what port did when they brought in butters, rozzee and duursma with 3 first rounders

It isn't laughable, it's reality. You want to sell brown at an absolute low. That's laughable. Why not trade guys in the next age bracket up? Goldstein, Higgins, Tarrant all plenty to offer and would have currency for a top side. That would make more sense

Edit - we shouldn't trade those guys either
On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

That's right, only issue is will we be able to recognise that talent this year with the way things are.

Yeah the first round talent is pretty clear even a year in advance

More or less. Always sliders and bolters, but this year at least sliders due to injury are unlikely lmao.

Certainly this draft is more of a gamble than usual, but it's lessened at the pointy end. Would hate to again be in last years position with a glut of second rounders, you'd be able to throw a net over 60 blokes.

Marketing means fu** all when you lose handfuls of games in a row... consistently

How many kids do you think BBB will keep on board when we are playing the way we are? I'd hazard a guess at next to none...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

if you’re happy to catch the spirit of Tassie to watch a home game.. the. By all means, lets go down your path..

Yeah the first round talent is pretty clear even a year in advance
No its not! Thats bullshit

so 16/17 year olds do no developing in 12 months? Just another ludicrous opinion. misinformed and toxic.

you’re off your 2kz

A 16 year old can grow 5 inches in a year

its a ******* lottery

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^lol duck yeah pls stop for the good of the board

it aint a lottery otherwise may as well sack the recruiters and anyone can do the job, theyve been scouting for years and the first rounders are very obvious bar the odd bolter

outside of the first round your point has some legs

you honestly believe the best 16 year old is still the best?

nah, * that, you need to be called out on your bullshit for the good of the board

^lol duck yeah pls stop for the good of the board

it aint a lottery otherwise may as well sack the recruiters and anyone can do the job, theyve been scouting for years and the first rounders are very obvious bar the odd bolter

outside of the first round your point has some legs
Yes Jamara ugle hagan
Probably wont go top 10.. We’ll see, Hollands is probably the number 1.. but you dont know because its a ******* lottery you dim witted *******

Hey Snake_Baker , I’ve genuinely been waiting to see you pop into this thread. Interested in your thoughts and feelings on the BBB debate.

What? The media manufactured "debate" about Brown being on the trade table, and then the media manufactured "debate" about how we shouldn't trade Brown?

It's indicative of the brainless supercoach lemmings who inhabit this place these days.

I have no opinion. Browny needs to work on his fundamentals.

What? The media manufactured "debate" about Brown being on the trade table, and then the media manufactured "debate" about how we shouldn't trade Brown?

It's indicative of the brainless supercoach lemmings who inhabit this place these days.

I have no opinion. Browny needs to work on his fundamentals.
Yeah fair enough. No doubt its media driven.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back