Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

That's served us well so far!

Don’t disagree but if we as individuals do not take responsibility for our own actions and the safety of others than nothing any one can put into place will make a difference to the situation we are in.

I’m not an overly political person but everyone expects the premier to fix this. Sure he has made some poor errors but how can he fix anything if adults won’t follow some pretty bloody simple rules

We can plead as much as we like for folks to do the right thing but there are too many idiots who don’t care about the community and more interested in sticking it to the rule makers believing rights of the individuals over rule rights of the community. They need a good dose of covid!
I am really concerned about the huge debts clubs have from this season and trying to start up next year. Covid will change footy forever as there will be clubs who can’t afford to start up, players who have found other interests and businesses who can’t afford to support footy anymore.... and I usually consider myself an optimist!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don’t disagree but if we as individuals do not take responsibility for our own actions and the safety of others than nothing any one can put into place will make a difference to the situation we are in.

I’m not an overly political person but everyone expects the premier to fix this. Sure he has made some poor errors but how can he fix anything if adults won’t follow some pretty bloody simple rules
I‘m bemused by the message that is being expressed by government . We are seeing more cases than ever , yet not in the tightest lockdown conditions we’ve seen . It makes no sense at all and IMo sends a message that it ain’t as bad as it’s been .

I‘m bemused by the message that is being expressed by government . We are seeing more cases than ever , yet not in the tightest lockdown conditions we’ve seen . It makes no sense at all and IMo sends a message that it ain’t as bad as it’s been .

I thought exactly that but had a conversation with someone who knows a lot about this and the explanation given was that the government cannot afford to lock business down again as hard as they did in the first period. They believe they got the balance between protecting the health system and the impact to business and the economy wrong

I thought exactly that but had a conversation with someone who knows a lot about this and the explanation given was that the government cannot afford to lock business down again as hard as they did in the first period. They believe they got the balance between protecting the health system and the impact to business and the economy wrong
I don’t think they are going to have an option and should act before they are forced , likewise schools . Unless I am completely wrong , but those who have acted the fastest ( eg New Zealand ) have not only got it under control the quickest but also with the least strenuous restrictions.

I don’t think they are going to have an option and should act before they are forced , likewise schools . Unless I am completely wrong , but those who have acted the fastest ( eg New Zealand ) have not only got it under control the quickest but also with the least strenuous restrictions.

Dunno mate..all I know is that I am glad it’s bit me having to make the decisions

Dunno mate..all I know is that I am glad it’s bit me having to make the decisions
Had a conversation about a week ago where it was suggested that Vic Gov have formed a business sub advisor committee with 3 of the 4 positions filled by Bunnings , Dan Murphy and a KFC exec managers .
I’d hope they were taking the piss .

Had a conversation about a week ago where it was suggested that Vic Gov have formed a business sub advisor committee with 3 of the 4 positions filled by Bunnings , Dan Murphy and a KFC exec managers .
I’d hope they were taking the piss .

To be fair.
Bunnings run a very strong Covid program and should be applauded

We can plead as much as we like for folks to do the right thing but there are too many idiots who don’t care about the community and more interested in sticking it to the rule makers believing rights of the individuals over rule rights of the community. They need a good dose of covid!
I am really concerned about the huge debts clubs have from this season and trying to start up next year. Covid will change footy forever as there will be clubs who can’t afford to start up, players who have found other interests and businesses who can’t afford to support footy anymore.... and I usually consider myself an optimist!

I agree Bootz.I think that there will be a number of clubs fighting for survival. I notice with interest clubs signing new coaches etc for next year. I don't think i would be getting too excited about that. With another 600 plus cases expected today, stage 4 type restrictions will be implemented. My worry once again is for season 2021.Unfortunately the genie is out of the bottle.

Hardware stores have also seen a massive increase in revenue during this whole COVID pandemic .

What else is there to do when there’s no footy? I for one have spent a truckload in bunnings recently, though to be fair I was getting a house ready to sell..:

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree Bootz.I think that there will be a number of clubs fighting for survival. I notice with interest clubs signing new coaches etc for next year. I don't think i would be getting too excited about that. With another 600 plus cases expected today, stage 4 type restrictions will be implemented. My worry once again is for season 2021.Unfortunately the genie is out of the bottle.

Another factor I hadn’t thought about until tonight Ringo was apathy from individuals or time management skills. I was telling a bloke today I don’t know how I had time to be a trainer. The spare time we thought we would have had has been taken over. What about the people who decide they haven’t got time to make the effort back to footy?

This was predictable months ago. Great effort by all in trying but FFS call it off completely ...Now .....and stop messing with people’s heads....

Whole round cancelled. No option but to pull the plug now and also on the NAB
This was predictable months ago. Great effort by all in trying but FFS call it off completely ...Now .....and stop messing with people’s heads....

Load up on s**t paper and beer

Snuck our 2nd game of U/12s in tonight at Vic Park in Echuca, probably the last for the year, but on another note, the kids running around would have no idea how blessed they are to be coached by two GV superstars of yesteryear, P. Newman coaching one side, S. Orr the other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back