Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part Three.

Part One can be found here -

Part Two can be found here -

Part 4 can be found here:

Australian stats page:

Last edited by a moderator:
6 weeks of pretty much repeating March 23 - May 11 will take us through to end of State of Emergency September 16.

Question will be, what happens on September 17.
A hard stage 4 for 6 weeks off the bat would be fairly extreme. Why not stage 4 for 3 weeks and then if needed extend for another 3 weeks? The economy and people's adherence can only deal with this for so long.

A hard stage 4 for 6 weeks off the bat would be fairly extreme. Why not stage 4 for 3 weeks and then if needed extend for another 3 weeks? The economy and people's adherence can only deal with this for so long.

Stage 4 for 3 weeks won’t get the numbers down to where they want, which is likely single digits. Even if the cases do rapidly drop they will want to push them down as low as possible.

If you’re going to act like children, then expect to be treated like children. Personally I hope Andrews does whatever it takes to protect the rest of us from this.

If you left the lollies that you were meant to put away out, and then some kids snuck in and ate them all, the rest of the kids are kind of dumbfounded when they get detention.

(( your post is as childish as anything else )).

Not much detail about the stage 4 thing.
They will want to make announcements soon. Businesses will need to make arrangements not everyone can just walk out and lock the door.

A manufacturer in victoria told to stop work, will need to arrange supplies to their interstate customers or they may not be customers when they come back. It could easily be a death knell.
I get a bit sick of people acting as if everyone who can't work from home, is a retailer or a tradie.

Will places like Amazon be able to continue operating?
Yes they can be considered important , mail order delivery. But there are alternatives?

There has been very little discussion.

5km distance, ok thats acceptable. For me.
BUt.
5km distance for country areas that have extremely low levels of covid19. No we aren't all in this together. The places that have it worse need to be treated different.
My suburb has 2 cases.
Other suburbs have 10s or hundreds.

What they did with the commission flats was spot on. Lock down the people who have it, who are spreading it. HARD

Under level 4 restrictions.
Truck and delivery drivers, currently a highly affected group, will still be operating.
Health care and aged care workers , a highly affected group, will still be operating.
Food workers , a highly affected group, will still be operating.

Looking forward to people meeting up in the bread aisle again and then taking 2 hours to do their shopping which will be me.

Lots of hiding places around my area to chill out and meet up with others as well, lots did this in April and no doubt will do it again.

Seriously when you have someone working from home, kids online learning, i'm pissing off for a few hours because I can't make any noise at home now that I will be forced home for 6 weeks just as it was in April.

Was just saying this to someone but Andrews is fried mentally, this is their last chance saloon before we as a public need to cry enough or start making plans to leave the state. I'm already a bit sick of living in vic so this is just driving my desire to move interstate.

statewide is moronic, when many areas are free of it.
Yes you can close roads to most traffic.
Yes you can stop people from travelling into a covid zone even for work.
But closing NON covid areas is stupid.

We aren't all in this together.
Some places have a lot more dickheads than others.

Its pathetic to take the "we are all in this together " approach when some people obviously are not.

If everyone was following the current restrictions, it COULD NOT SPREAD.
We are all being punished because of dickheads who just will not do the right thing.
Some think they are too smart to get it, some don't care, some think its the flu.

Stage 4 for 3 weeks won’t get the numbers down to where they want, which is likely single digits. Even if the cases do rapidly drop they will want to push them down as low as possible.

It will in most places , then we can put barriers around the moron suburbs.

Why do people think Queensland are going to experience a wave just because Victoria currently are, and NSW are beginning to?

Despite the fact the Queensland state government gets slammed by right wing news outlets, you can't really say they've put a foot wrong with how they've handled the pandemic to date.

If you left the lollies that you were meant to put away out, and then some kids snuck in and ate them all, the rest of the kids are kind of dumbfounded when they get detention.

The stealing lollies/viral infection analogy doesn’t work unfortunately. You can‘t unwittingly steal lollies because the kid next to you did, right?

5km distance, ok thats acceptable. For me.
BUt.
5km distance for country areas that have extremely low levels of covid19. No we aren't all in this together. The places that have it worse need to be treated different.
I'm pretty sure the 5km distance is a part of the stage 4 lock down. I think the Melbourne metro area is going to go into stage 4 lock down while the rest of Victoria will be going under stage 3.

This means the 5km rule will only apply to Melbourne.

I agree that the 5km rule is impractical for any region/city in Victoria except for Melbourne or perhaps Geelong.

The places that have it worse need to be treated different.
My suburb has 2 cases.
Other suburbs have 10s or hundreds.
They tried to have restri tions purely by suburbs early on. It didn't work too well and had to apply it to the whole city.

There are very few suburbs in Melbourne currently in single digits or less. I don't think it's practical to treat a few suburbs scattered around like an island with the restrictions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure the 5km distance is a part of the stage 4 lock down. I think the Melbourne metro area is going to go into stage 4 lock down while the rest of Victoria will be going under stage 3.

I agree that the 5km rule is impractical for any region/city in Victoria except for Melbourne or perhaps Geelong.

Just measured out 5 km on Google Maps from home - still allows for pretty good bike rides.

Closest servo to me is 7km away, ditto supermarket.

I could pinpoint a few streets in my area that would take that out to 10km's at least so the 5k rule would be broken every time you need to use these places.

The stealing lollies/viral infection analogy doesn’t work unfortunately. You can‘t unwittingly steal lollies because the kid next to you did, right?
Poor gullable kids, some were told its ok, we were given free lollies.
( this actually happened to my daughter at school once , some kids stole lollies for a fete, and handed them around to other kids ).

Yes, if you are unlucky you can catch Covid19 while following the rules and doing everything correctly.
Particularly it is a high risk if you are purposely exposing yourself, ie medical worker.
If you wore your mask and went into a supermarket and observed social distancing.

No you cannot end up with hundreds and hundreds of people infected in the same suburb IF most of them are following the rules and doing everything correctly. This is the Dickhead factor.

They tried to have restri tions purely by suburbs early on. It didn't work too well and had to apply it to the whole city.

There are very few suburbs in Melbourne currently in single digits or less. I don't think it's practical to treat a few suburbs scattered around like an island with the restrictions.

Yes they tried restrictions by suburbs. It was a good idea. So was quarantining returning travellers, which also didn't work too well. They really need to do a better job of executing their good ideas.

I count at least 100 suburbs that have single digits or less. ( talking active cases of course ).
There are 119 with more than 10.

There are just 10 suburbs that have triple figures.

Yes they tried restrictions by suburbs. It was a good idea. So was quarantining returning travellers, which also didn't work too well. They really need to do a better job of executing their good ideas.

I count at least 100 suburbs that have single digits or less. ( talking active cases of course ).
There are 119 with more than 10.

There are just 10 suburbs that have triple figures.

Nowhere has done the restricting suburbs, towns or villages idea well.

It makes sense in theory, but there are too many points of egress and ingress, making it a massive drain on resources and people constantly try to get around it. Asa fun 5 minute exercise, I did a quick count of ways in and out of my small inner city suburb: 65. That's 65 places you need police at the ensure a hard lockdown of my suburb.

This isn't a uniquely Australian thing. Italy tried the same thing and after a week, said "f*** it, none of you are paying attention, shut it all down."

Why do people think Queensland are going to experience a wave just because Victoria currently are, and NSW are beginning to?

Despite the fact the Queensland state government gets slammed by right wing news outlets, you can't really say they've put a foot wrong with how they've handled the pandemic to date.
Even better result for us today, 13k tests done with 0 Local Covid cases (1 case in hotel quarantine). Hats off to Annastacia and QLD health so far 👏👏👏.

Still one more week of being super vigilant left for us to make sure the 2 who snuck in didn’t spread it further.

What's happening in Victoria is such a mess, and it was entirely avoidable too. Has anyone actually being held responsible for the quarantine blunders? I'd be genuinely surprised if no Ministers or Department Chiefs haven't been let go yet.

Poor gullable kids, some were told its ok, we were given free lollies.
( this actually happened to my daughter at school once , some kids stole lollies for a fete, and handed them around to other kids ).

Yes, if you are unlucky you can catch Covid19 while following the rules and doing everything correctly.
Particularly it is a high risk if you are purposely exposing yourself, ie medical worker.
If you wore your mask and went into a supermarket and observed social distancing.

No you cannot end up with hundreds and hundreds of people infected in the same suburb IF most of them are following the rules and doing everything correctly. This is the Dickhead factor.
Of course it’s the dickhead factor. If there weren’t we wouldn’t need even the restrictions currently in place. If current restrictions don’t seem to be enough to sufficiently mitigate the actions of said dickheads, they’ll just have to be tightened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back