Autopsy Rd 12 Newnes wins the game for Carlton after the siren!

Who did enough to hold their place in the side next week, barring injury?

• 3. Marc Murphy

Votes: 56 30.8%
  • 5. Sam Petrevski-Seton

Votes: 52 28.6%
  • 6. Kade Simpson

Votes: 67 36.8%
  • 7. Matthew Kennedy

Votes: 39 21.4%
  • 9. Patrick Cripps

Votes: 127 69.8%
  • 10. Harry McKay

Votes: 98 53.8%
  • 12. Tom De Koning

Votes: 127 69.8%
  • 14. Liam Jones

Votes: 85 46.7%
  • 15. Sam Docherty

Votes: 90 49.5%
  • 18. Sam Walsh

Votes: 149 81.9%
  • 19. Eddie Betts

Votes: 29 15.9%
  • 20. Lachie Plowman

Votes: 108 59.3%
  • 23. Jacob Weitering

Votes: 105 57.7%
  • 25. Zac Fisher

Votes: 86 47.3%
  • 31. Tom Williamson

Votes: 120 65.9%
  • 32. Jack Newnes

Votes: 131 72.0%
  • 35. Ed Curnow

Votes: 139 76.4%
  • 36. Josh Honey

Votes: 49 26.9%
  • 40. Michael Gibbons

Votes: 54 29.7%
  • 41. Levi Casboult

Votes: 101 55.5%
  • 43. Will Setterfield

Votes: 94 51.6%
  • 46. Matthew Cottrell

Votes: 101 55.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wanted to post this here, as me and my partner are in raptures right now (her side Carlton and obviously my second side) - you may have just witnessed divine intervention, haha.

My grandmother unfortunately passed away today, from this f*cking horrible covid 19 disease. It's been a tough day as we were close, but footy has been a great comfort all throughout.

Point of this post, is that with about 10 minutes to go, I looked up to the sky and asked my nana if she could help us over the line. 10 seconds to go and Docherty kicks it out on the full. Me and my partner both think it's over and we commiserate.

Nek minnit, a down the field free kick is paid, and no-one really knows what it's for. Moreso, Newnes who is an experienced player takes the kick, and Gibbons who is young doesn't.

Newnes kicks the goal, and the rest is history.

For the record, I'm an agnostic, but I do believe there's things we don't understand. I said thank you to my nana, and it kinda brings me a bit of joy to see something so bizarre/unusual unfold.

Go Blues!

Last edited:
After the s**t run we have had with the umps, we deserved to get one back.
They got two gimmes in the first quarter to put them clear.

GO BAGGERS IM SO BLOODY PROUD OF EVERY ONE OF YOU.

Also, we have some of the most over-critical, abusive, uneducated fans in the AFL on here.
We clawed our way back into the game, especially in the third, i jumped back on Bigfooty at three quarter time, and the comments were atrocious.

You mob are not supporters at all and many only seem to post when we're behind on the scoreboard, then disappear when we win.
Friggen nuffies all of ya.

...and Richo, the free kick was there. Makes no difference what the spoilers intentions were..
Front on contact and high!
This prick always tries to tarnish our wins.
He hates us and that makes me feel great.

GO BLUES!!

Last edited:
How can it be down field when the ball is out of bounds? It's never down the field if it is out on the full.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

The ball left the field of player after ThE contact. Beside the point anyway. It’s about the when the player made contact with Doc, which was after he kicked it. That alone is what determines the whether it is downfield or “as he kicked it”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the ball lands out on the full is it not meant to go back to where the freekick happened?

The ball left the field of player after ThE contact. Beside the point anyway. It’s about the when the player made contact with Doc, which was after he kicked it. That alone is what determines the whether it is downfield or “as he kicked it”.

If Doc wasn’t our co-captain he would be close to being dropped. Dropped mark and 2 awful kicks into the 50 in the last quarter. He’s been awful for a month. Lucky we won

QUOTE="Loose at HB, post: 66422372, member: 188485"]
Sam Docherty is a lucky lucky boy. I was absolutely livid when he shanked the initial free OOF - got bailed out by some absolute bullshit (going our way for a change) and an incredibly clutch kick by Newnes.

Walsh absolutely fantastic - our best player by a mile tonight. One of the better games Crippa has played this season too. Lots to like about TDK in the ruck too!

Reality is however we have absolutely stolen that, even if on the balance of play in the second half we probably deserved to win. Bank the points and look to next week
[/QUOTE]

Back