Autopsy 2024 Rd 0 - Harry kicks the winner vs Lions

Who played well for the Blues vs the Lions in Round 0?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I've never left a game early and never turned the tv off.

But I was close.

Hmmmm - left a few games early during the darkest of the Malthouse years.

I figured if neither he nor the players gave a crap? Why was I?

It certainly wasn’t worth waiting half an hour in the freezing cold for a train at Richmond station in the middle of a Melbourne winter.

The worst was when we played Hawks at Docklands Stadium.

The game plan and performance was sooooooo bad - I left half way through the second quarter - went back to work - then headed home and watched the last quarter from a warm bed 🤣😂😂

5 tackles, 18 pressure acts, 3 clearances and a goal. Too many people look at kicks and marks without looking at the role being played.
Thought cuningham really lifted in the second half. Had his first preseason in a while and will only improve. One of the few players with elite kicking skills in our side.

Thought cuningham really lifted in the second half. Had his first preseason in a while and will only improve. One of the few players with elite kicking skills in our side.

Yep. He did.
That running load they did during the pre season games looks to be paying off. They were fresh and over ran a very good side.
Proof pre season games mean little :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the replay again.

Cunners had a great 3rd term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If he can bring that third term for the whole game... he'd be one of the first one the team sheet each week. Mind you, he would have blown a few cobwebs out last week.

he really is becoming an angry ant isn't he
To me he seems like a player who realise that his capabilities are waning (despite the surprise Brownlow). He his smart enough to accumulate but isn't as damaging as he once was.

Aside from the numerous times he got away with throwing the ball, he gave away a 50 for dumping Saad, should have given away a down field for contact on McG moments later, pushed Kennedy in the back into Cripps when a free had been awarded to Big O and made contact to Hewitts face (think it was Hewitt). Will be interesting to see if he keeps getting away with it away from home.

Brisbane produced Rockliff and Zorko from more or less the same era, and both have had... issues with blaming their teammates for collective poor performances. One of the causes for the Brisbane 5 leaving was said to be disharmony within the playing group; it was almost outright stated that Rockliff was the reason.

One wonders how this will be interpreted in house at Brisbane, if the players are content being publicly lambasted by their marquee player. Sure you can get a reaction from a bake, but over time each successive bake doesn't motivate at all.

You can only insult someone so many times before they cease to care about your opinion.

Back