NXT Discussion Thread (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Then again, equal hype around building Kross as a monster who needs to be feared. Backed themselves into a corner. Looking at it, I suppose they had to give the title to Kross for the sake of saving what they have built him up to.

Then again, equal hype around building Kross as a monster who needs to be feared. Backed themselves into a corner. Looking at it, I suppose they had to give the title to Kross for the sake of saving what they have built him up to.

WWE is all about the journey to the title and the moment of winning it. After that, they have zero idea how to book a decent champion with competent challengers.

The title change makes sense IMO. Ever since Finn Balor in 2015 NXT is the old NWA 'Heel Champion' with a babyface challenger style territory. It's the style of wrestling Triple H grew up watching & wants NXT to be like.

All the longer title reigns have been heels (Bobby Roode, Ciampa & Adam Cole) with short reigns by Keith Lee, Gargano, Black, etc. in the middle.

Did anybody else have a problem with the WWE network today? This show was a chore to get through because the network kept stopping every 10 minutes and starting the show from the beginning again.

The decision to switch the title to Kross was pretty bad in my opinion. I understand the concept of 'money in the chase' in wrestling, but it's way too soon for Kross to be champion. There are only two outcomes. 1. He loses within 6 months and his aura suffers immediately. 2. He goes on a reign of terror, and whilst he is fine in the ring I just don't see him as THE guy to carry a brand personally. After his entrance he is just a bit... erh.

Ladder match was great and have no issue with Priest winning, although Cameron Grimes is the best thing on NXT right now and would make a tremendous champion.

Also Pat McCafe put on the greatest celebrity performance in WWE history. Sign this man! Glad he got on the footy bandwaggon otherwise i'd have no idea who he was though. Cole looked like an absolute star carrying Pat through a great match too.

Did anybody else have a problem with the WWE network today? This show was a chore to get through because the network kept stopping every 10 minutes and starting the show from the beginning again.

Had an issue with it yesterday when it would just freeze every 20-30 seconds or so. Was working fine for me this morning though.

Ladder match was great and have no issue with Priest winning, although Cameron Grimes is the best thing on NXT right now and would make a tremendous champion.

:eek:

I have never hated anything on NXT more than I hate Grimes. I literally hate him. He's immediately switch the channel bad for me - completely mediocre in the ring, so relies on completely overdoing that annoying obnoxious thing.

I have never hated anything on NXT more than I hate Grimes. I literally hate him. He's immediately switch the channel bad for me - completely mediocre in the ring, so relies on completely overdoing that annoying obnoxious thing.

Gees, we see him completely differently then. He is hilarious to me and such a good, easy to hate heel. He backs it up by being a serious workhorse in the ring capable of some pretty crazy stuff. Reminds me of Christian actually. A smaller, charismatic hee; who can work rings around most of the roster but vastly underrated by seemingly everybody.

They’ve been a victim of competing with AEW who has come in and had such a strong first year, but today was a good reminder that NXT is still a really good wrestling show.

Gees, we see him completely differently then. He is hilarious to me and such a good, easy to hate heel. He backs it up by being a serious workhorse in the ring capable of some pretty crazy stuff. Reminds me of Christian actually. A smaller, charismatic hee; who can work rings around most of the roster but vastly underrated by seemingly everybody.
Reminds me of Heath Slater.

Reminds me of Heath Slater.

A million times better worker and a far better athlete though. If he can combine that with the personality Slater had he'll go a long way. Heath was always a reliable hand as a talent, hence why he stayed on the roster for so long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That *en flippy-crossbody thingy he does is sick

Just realised today watching Summerslam that this is exactly how I feel about the Street Profits. Pretty much word for word.

Kross had to forfeit NXT Title due to injury.

so next week it's a 60 min Ironman match to decide new champion: Ciampa vs Gargano vs Balor vs Cole
(NXT airs 1 day earlier next week due to NHL Playoffs, so presumably the Fox8 broadcast will move accordingly)

That should be a ripping match considering the talent in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back