Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Mod Notice:-

Continued from here:-

Continued here:

Just like to thank Aphrodite and the other Carlton mods who started the Bluemours NON Discussion Thread and who have kept it free of chat over the past few years.

It helps so much when you just don't have the time to read through this thread, cheers and great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently not that content and a year to go from FA

This is what happens when you're sold a vision by your club that turns out to be a bill of lies.

Same reason Saad is (almost) intentionally pricing himself out of what Essendon will pay him.

That club is so screwed they could only wish they had Collective Minds to blame it on.

You're in essence trading potential for an already proven great player. It depends what you're more comfortable doing; Keeping someone based on potential or trading that player for someone who's already proven to be very good.

I'd probably take the proven gun over a maybe gun that's not shown a whole lot. The extra first round pick is the insurance for the team giving up the already good player.

But it's not a 1-for-1 in that scenario, is it? It's Dow and a top 10 pick for a proven player.

As I said earlier, I'd give it some serious thought on the body of work Dow has put together so far. But I'd absolutely be expecting something around Pick 20 coming back.

But it's not a 1-for-1 in that scenario, is it? It's Dow and a top 10 pick for a proven player.

As I said earlier, I'd give it some serious thought on the body of work Dow has put together so far. But I'd absolutely be expecting something around Pick 20 coming back.

Even if we've lost faith in Dow becoming the player we'd projected him to be we can still leverage him being a top pick, contracted etc. Have to spend money to earn money.

Timing could be everything on this one.

Last edited:

I didn't say it was.

I wonder where our first pick will actually end up as well, could be from what, 5-8 range? That could change the value slightly.

Merrett won't happen so no point even talking about it

I’d love him on the team, but if it’s me I’m not even starting to negotiate with Dodoro. As has been mentioned previously, he’s such an attention seeker he’ll drag the discussions until the last day of trade week to get as much me time as possible - then pull the deal anyway. Would rather deal with list managers who have realistic values for their players and grasp of where their club sits as a contender.

This is what happens when you're sold a vision by your club that turns out to be a bill of lies.

Same reason Saad is (almost) intentionally pricing himself out of what Essendon will pay him.

That club is so screwed they could only wish they had Collective Minds to blame it on.
Hi Wick !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like Saad will go to Melbourne. I’m happy if we get Williams, Witherden and maybe graham, as well as our first round draft pick this year. You can’t nail the off-season every year (as a man once said to me)

Seems like Saad will go to Melbourne. I’m happy if we get Williams, Witherden and maybe graham, as well as our first round draft pick this year. You can’t nail the off-season every year (as a man once said to me)
So getting Williams, Witherden and Graham is not nailing the off season?

Getting juicier by the day

Hold tight, more to come!!

More of what? Players we're kicking tyres with? :)
I think it's all a little dull right now because of all the finger painting.

We are not going to get Williams, Kelly, Wright, Witherden, McLean, Graham, Merrett, Caldwell........plus there's more. :)
Come on now. We've all been there...done that, before.

You know how Dodoro likes half forward flankers who could potential play midfield.

Well I have the perfect man for him.

Straight swap Darcy Lang for Zach Merrett

Get it done Austin ;)

i highly doubt we could get Merrett out of essenscum anyway TBH.
5n1Wp6WwB6PpwQFZIY.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back