Training Nakia Cockatoo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was there genuine interest from Hawthorn or just speculation?
Was it Gillies who apparently had interest from Hawthorn but we didn't seem to interested in engaging with them for a trade?
Is the a reluctance to deal with Hawthorn or media speculation of their interest in players which just isn't there?
No intel. Just hate to see him go there and start tearing it up. I guess if he goes up north we can kid ourselves it was just the climate, like with McCarthy.

People seem to have accepted Cocky is a goner. Where has the club even hinted at this? Every time CS is asked he says the club sees him as a long term player.
Get with the bigfooty zeitgeist, comrade, join in the pie-in-the-sky trading wankfest for someone who hasn't even said he wants to leave.

People seem to have accepted Cocky is a goner. Where has the club even hinted at this? Every time CS is asked he says the club sees him as a long term player.

Wells makes the call not Scott though.

I heard Nakia angrily shouted “I’m outta here Scotty” and slammed his hand on the desk and it broke and now he needs surgery and Lincoln McCarthy said “I know a good surgeon Cocky but he’s in Brisbane” and Nakia said “I’m coming Linc” and Jon Ralph overheard it and tweeted it so it’s all facts.

I heard Nakia angrily shouted “I’m outta here Scotty” and slammed his hand on the desk and it broke and now he needs surgery and Lincoln McCarthy said “I know a good surgeon Cocky but he’s in Brisbane” and Nakia said “I’m coming Linc” and Jon Ralph overheard it and tweeted it so it’s all facts.
All while mitch duncan smashed a chair.

I heard the club only agreed to stump up for the operation on one wrist, but he's holding out for two.

Wells makes the call not Scott though.
No head recruiter makes these calls in isolation PO, SW included.

Think SW wanted to take the Eagles offer to release Kelly before the 2019 season. It was after an international phone call to CS that changed. If CS was insistent on retaining a player that's how it would usually play out. Think Cooky puts his oar in sometimes too.

No head recruiter makes these calls in isolation PO, SW included.

Think SW wanted to take the Eagles offer to release Kelly before the 2019 season. It was after an international phone call to CS that changed. If CS was insistent on retaining a player that's how it would usually play out. Think Cooky puts his oar in sometimes too.

I think it depends on the player..senior player the coach has a big say in..bottom end of the list players the list manager decides because he decides how deep he wants to cut and how many slots he wants for draft picks. So I think cockatoo will be mainly wells.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems nobody's posted Scott's comments from today?
Then offer him a 2 year deal and he stays, if not his going. Pretty easy to work out, I say give him 2 years we have piled a truck load of time and effort into him already. It looks like he is over his injuries so just a matter of him going flat out to see if he can come back to best!

I think it depends on the player..senior player the coach has a big say in..bottom end of the list players the list manager decides because he decides how deep he wants to cut and how many slots he wants for draft picks. So I think cockatoo will be mainly wells.
Never have I put that the research and calls by SW don’t carry the day on most occasions. However, if a coach with the internal standing of CS stood firm on a player of quality he would carry the day in my view. And CS has often said he considers Cocky a player of quality.

I doubt SW would stand in the way in those circumstances in any event. And that it would be rare for CS to take that path.

While the list manager makes the final calls most often, those calls are arrived at collaboratively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back