Opinion Kevin Bartlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Well before my time but looking back through his record is unbelievable. The bloke could have 3 or 4 Norm Smiths if they were awarded during his whole career.

1982: 12 Disp, 3 goals, 3 behinds
1980: 21 Disp, 7 goals, 4 behinds (No brainer dominated)
1974: 27 Disp (second most on ground, Sheeds with 29+2 probably would have got it)
1973: 26 Disp, 1 goal (most on ground)
1972: 29 Disp (Most on ground, losing game Jezza kicking 7 doesn't win this one [scores 177-150!!]
1969: 24 Disp, 1 goal (most on ground)
1967: 18 Disp, 3 goals, 3 behinds

Well before my time but looking back through his record is unbelievable. The bloke could have 3 or 4 Norm Smiths if they were awarded during his whole career.

1982: 12 Disp, 3 goals, 3 behinds
1980: 21 Disp, 7 goals, 4 behinds (No brainer dominated)
1974: 27 Disp (second most on ground, Sheeds with 29+2 probably would have got it)
1973: 26 Disp, 1 goal (most on ground)
1972: 29 Disp (Most on ground, losing game Jezza kicking 7 doesn't win this one [scores 177-150!!]
1969: 24 Disp, 1 goal (most on ground)
1967: 18 Disp, 3 goals, 3 behinds

He was voted the best finals player of all time and and as per your stats quite a good case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 968959

Turned out to be a combover apparently.
I think he invented the comb over. Ray Byrne confirms this!
In round 19 of the '83 season, Collingwood met Richmond at the MCG in Richmond champion Kevin Bartlett's 400th AFL/VFL game. His opponent that afternoon was Ray Byrne. As the teams lined up for the first bounce, Byrne reached down into his sock, stood up, and presented the balding Tiger star with a toothless comb! Bartlett was amused, but not distracted, and Richmond won convincingly.

Poor mans Barry Cable, before his time nah.
Cable not in KB's class..very very good player Cable...VFL living legend Bartlett, 5 x B&F 5x Premiership player,top 5 greatest finals players of all time
Cables own team mate Schimma holds the distinction of theyre greatest ever finals player and he played 29 of them
Richmonds greatest ever finals player,2nd greatest Richmond player of all time behind Jack Dyer etc etc

Never touched a drop of alcohol in his life , likes a cuppa tea

images

I think he invented the comb over. Ray Byrne confirms this!
In round 19 of the '83 season, Collingwood met Richmond at the MCG in Richmond champion Kevin Bartlett's 400th AFL/VFL game. His opponent that afternoon was Ray Byrne. As the teams lined up for the first bounce, Byrne reached down into his sock, stood up, and presented the balding Tiger star with a toothless comb! Bartlett was amused, but not distracted, and Richmond won convincingly.
I love the story but Collingwood got up that day by a couple of goals, with a very young Phil Walsh starring for the Pies. One of the first times I went to the football.

I love the story but Collingwood got up that day by a couple of goals, with a very young Phil Walsh starring for the Pies. One of the first times I went to the football.
I copied that off wiki or something. apologies all round. but fooking funny.Ray byrne and his twin brother used to keep swapping classes doing exams at tech school. If Ray no good at english his brother sat the exam and vice versa

Had a holiday house next door to Kevin's at one point. Absolutely ripping bloke - has time for everyone. Even before I really got to know him, he said yes to come and talk at an U 16 footy training to a few boys who were playing up a bit. Was great value and really inspired the young fellas before hanging around and chatting to all the dads who were keen to meet him. Just a great human.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back