Rumour Kevin Sheedy - The Essendon Puppet Master

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Sheedy have any genuine influence or is he just there to attend a few coterie functions in an official capacity and generate a bit of extra coin recounting Essendon glory days from the previous century?

Kevin put Barham in the chair and in turn, Barham encouraged Kevin to continue on the board.
I’d suggest that the only official club immortal, who has the ear of the President and the coteries would still wield considerable influence …

Kevin put Barham in the chair and in turn, Barham encouraged Kevin to continue on the board.
I’d suggest that the only official club immortal, who has the ear of the President and the coteries would still wield considerable influence …
My understanding is he won’t be on the Board for his full term, Club managing his exit outside of election to ensure its choice of replacement.

My understanding is he won’t be on the Board for his full term, Club managing his exit outside of election to ensure its choice of replacement.
My understanding is that a four time premiership coach of the club should be ****ed off ASAP. Dodoro still lurking, sheedy still lurking. With those two still there pulling strings the Golden boy is still a chance to come back which scares me to death.

My understanding is that a four time premiership coach of the club should be ****ed off ASAP. Dodoro still lurking, sheedy still lurking. With those two still there pulling strings the Golden boy is still a chance to come back which scares me to death.
I thought Dodoro left the club?

Is he now in a different capacity?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Add to that now the appointment of former Sheedy disciple Andrew Welsh as Vice President and it’s fair to say old Kev would sleep pretty soundly.

In drafting Welsh to the club and being involved in property developments, Adrian Dodoro wouldn’t be too disappointed in the appointment either 😉

Add to that now the appointment of former Sheedy disciple Andrew Welsh as Vice President and it’s fair to say old Kev would sleep pretty soundly.

In drafting Welsh to the club and being involved in property developments, Adrian Dodoro wouldn’t be too disappointed in the appointment either 😉
I can understand the crazy Unca Sheed tripe being peddled in here (it is fair enough and for what it is worth I agree with most of it) but Welsh is an accomplished business man. You clearly have very little knowledge of his achievements because he is a lot more than just a Kevin Sheedy disciple.

I can understand the crazy Unca Sheed tripe being peddled in here (it is fair enough and for what it is worth I agree with most of it) but Welsh is an accomplished business man. You clearly have very little knowledge of his achievements because he is a lot more than just a Kevin Sheedy disciple.
I always thought he was just another beneficiary of one of those shady property rorts that all the Essendon guys cashed in on. And he owned a bar at some stage.

I always thought he was just another beneficiary of one of those shady property rorts that all the Essendon guys cashed in on. And he owned a bar at some stage.

Moved to America to become an actor at some stage i believe before returning home as a boundary rider for channel 7 🤣
Regardless, Sheedy and Dodoro would be pleased with the appointment …

As Lance Armstrong said: “you still have to ride the bike”.

Mmm yeah but we heard all about Hird being a savvy businessman who wouldn't waste his money on frivolous lawsuits back in the day - so posters might be skeptical.

Mmm yeah but we heard all about Hird being a savvy businessman who wouldn't waste his money on frivolous lawsuits back in the day - so posters might be skeptical.

Carn man, do you even business?

Let’s be clear… I am not a huge James Hird fan. Deapite this, I am happy enough to point out that having a solid business acumen is a bit different to being prepared to take legal action over your reputation (None of which has any relevance when discussing Andrew Welsh). Hird’s frivolous legal action was more about his ego than his ability as a business man although if James Hird is the business then you’d probably suggest that it probably wasn’t the greatest business decision.

For what is is worth, Hird also completed an engineering degree to go with his business credentials. Most people posting on here would have struggled to get the marks at school to even attempt an engineering degree, let alone finish one. For the engineers out there, yes it was civil…

Carn man, do you even business?

Let’s be clear… I am not a huge James Hird fan. Deapite this, I am happy enough to point out that having a solid business acumen is a bit different to being prepared to take legal action over your reputation (None of which has any relevance when discussing Andrew Welsh). Hird’s frivolous legal action was more about his ego than his ability as a business man although if James Hird is the business then you’d probably suggest that it probably wasn’t the greatest business decision.

For what is is worth, Hird also completed an engineering degree to go with his business credentials. Most people posting on here would have struggled to get the marks at school to even attempt an engineering degree, let alone finish one. For the engineers out there, yes it was civil…

Just pointing out why some might be skeptical of footballers that are claimed to have business credentials.

Degree are more a measure of persistence than intellect.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back