Rumour Kevin Sheedy - The Essendon Puppet Master

Remove this Banner Ad

Just pointing out why some might be skeptical of footballers that are claimed to have business credentials.

Degree are more a measure of persistence than intellect.....
It was an engineering degree you clown.

Carn man, do you even business?

Let’s be clear… I am not a huge James Hird fan. Deapite this, I am happy enough to point out that having a solid business acumen is a bit different to being prepared to take legal action over your reputation (None of which has any relevance when discussing Andrew Welsh). Hird’s frivolous legal action was more about his ego than his ability as a business man although if James Hird is the business then you’d probably suggest that it probably wasn’t the greatest business decision.

For what is is worth, Hird also completed an engineering degree to go with his business credentials. Most people posting on here would have struggled to get the marks at school to even attempt an engineering degree, let alone finish one. For the engineers out there, yes it was civil…
Weren't Hird's 'business credentials' basically limited to the jobs that David Evans gave him?

That, and selling chocolates.

I don't know why the club just calls time on Sheedy

To be fair/honest most of their supporters (least on this forum and the EFC board as far as I can ascertain) want Sheedy and the cult and baggage be brings with him gone, unfortunately for them, Sheedy, the Machiavellian old b*stard has many friends at many influential places at Essendon (aka powerful coterie groups)

Like Carlton in the 90s and up until a few years ago, Essendon are in thrall of insidious and power controlling board level figures, Sheedy is arrogant enough to actually believe his old school coaching and philosophies work, and the cultists who he has his favour on the board, esp their most influential coterie group seem to believe it.

Don't feel any sympathy for Essendon fans at all, but by the same token, I don't believe their fans and members should be blamed for the current state of their club at corporate and or board level.

Not their fault KS has pulled a Sheev/Sheedy Palpatine con job on the nuffie power brokers at the club who should know better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair/honest most of their supporters (least on this forum and the EFC board as far as I can ascertain) want Sheedy and the cult and baggage be brings with him gone, unfortunately for them, Sheedy, the Machiavellian old b*stard has many friends at many influential places at Essendon (aka powerful coterie groups)

Like Carlton in the 90s and up until a few years ago, Essendon are in thrall of insidious and power controlling board level figures, Sheedy is arrogant enough to actually believe his old school coaching and philosophies work, and the cultists who he has his favour on the board, esp their most influential coterie group seem to believe it.

Don't feel any sympathy for Essendon fans at all, but by the same token, I don't believe their fans and members should be blamed for the current state of their club at corporate and or board level.

Not their fault KS has pulled a Sheev/Sheedy Palpatine con job on the nuffie power brokers at the club who should know better.
Surely these allegedly powerful coterie groups would look at actual performance last 20 years and think something has to change

Weren't Hird's 'business credentials' basically limited to the jobs that David Evans gave him?

That, and selling chocolates.

The latter was literally the only business venture that I have seen or could think of.

He sure did a lot of business courses in France (among other things) that the Herald Sun would breathlessly scoop and report on.

Once he fell out with Evans, the business opportunities dried up for him.

Sheedy reminds me so much of Jock Riley from The Club these days :)

images

Surely these allegedly powerful coterie groups would look at actual performance last 20 years and think something has to change
They do think that.

However, Kevin Sheedy last coached Essendon in 2007. So most of the last 20 years has been post Sheeds coaching. And they actually then look back at just a bit more, and you're looking at the powerful sides of 1999-2001.

Sheedy has been known to have a vicious and spiteful streak to any who got in his way or looked to depose him over the journey. Much like Eddie McGuire.

Now would that win at all cost, get out of my way mentality mean telling your players to get under the skins of their opponents in any way possible to help them win a final? Who knows?

Sheedy has been known to have a vicious and spiteful streak to any who got in his way or looked to depose him over the journey. Much like Eddie McGuire.

Now would that win at all cost, get out of my way mentality mean telling your players to get under the skins of their opponents in any way possible to help them win a final? Who knows?
Sheedy is like the boxer who has taken too many shots to the head, and talks crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back