Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious what people think of Lachie Schultz at Dockers. The games I’ve seen this year (not many) he has been good. Out of contract and a ex Williamstown player. I wonder if we have asked about him.
Four players from Williamstown (Schultz, Brett Bewley, Ben Cavarra and Michael Gibbons) were drafted in 2018 and I was of the opinion at the time that Schultz was the best of them. He was the youngest with more upside than the others particularly as a small, marking forward with good skills. We opted for Cavarra at pick 45 and Freo picked up Schultz at pick 57. Not saying we picked the wrong guy because Cavarra had plenty of runs on the board at VFL level but, as it stands now, Schultz seems the better player.
Should we be interested if he became available? I think certainly but I don't think we'd get him for a pick 57 now.

If it’s true that Carlisle is going to be pushed out of the Saints we should atleast meet with him. Will be 29 next year, if cheap he’s a good second fiddle for Keath.

If our trade period gets us tom Phillips and Xavier ohallarin and Lonie it's a huge win for us not sure it's possible , I don't know much for next year's draft but I'd trade our first next year to get those 3 over the line

If our trade period gets us tom Phillips and Xavier ohallarin and Lonie it's a huge win for us not sure it's possible , I don't know much for next year's draft but I'd trade our first next year to get those 3 over the line

we also need another backup ruckman from somewhere, perhaps a late pick or DFA of some sort...

we also need another backup ruckman from somewhere, perhaps a late pick or DFA of some sort...
Yeah maybe I'm not extremely fussed I feel I'm in the bev camp minority a bit with the ruck situation but I would play schache Bruce and naughton and they can all back up ruck to English at points during game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think the bad blood involves the fact that we weren't ready to guarantee him a contract before even meeting him, or something to that effect...
Rumours were he treated a relative of one of our players badly. They're not at the club anymore. And no idea how true it is but was a fair bit of chatter at the time.

Lloyd is more your high half forward.
Matera I see as that inside 50 crumming forward. With Naughton and Bruce splitting packs next year a player like him would be in heaven.
Thats actually true. people question players and say they get the easy goals, but isnt that still a goal, would you rather it get spring boarded back out of our forwardline instead?

On the Afl website it's speculated that Xavier O'Halloran is worth a mid too late 2nd and between 250-350k If that is the case it would seem to be a buy low.
With more opportunity as part of the High HF / Wing rotation could be a good fit for not too much cost

I'd like us to have a crack at Peter Wright. 203cm and Perfect foil for English in the ruck and Naughts up fwd. 24 yrs old. Can kick a goal from 50m. Bruce has 2 years max left and Schache probably on the way out.
You've got to ask the question why hasn't he played this year. Ben King is ahead of him, but it's not like Sam Day has set the world alight at CHF for the Suns.

I would rather get Goldstein for two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back