Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not really

Could have kicked it backwards and not scored and it didn’t change the result.

In a sense I’m glad it was a behind. Kicking a goal would’ve distorted the tightness of the match when looking back in 30, 40 years. A scoreline of 94-83 doesn’t do the game justice. Much like Smiths goal after the siren when we beat the Bombers in 2000 and Max Rooke in the 2009 GF.

Last edited:
Richmond has signed a 213 cm b-rookie ruck related to Noah Balta who plays basketball overseas.
I know but that sort of signing is as developmental as they come. Zero chance that affects them resigning Nank

Same way they recruited Ivan soldo only difference is this giant has played the sport before
I’m not doubting the strategy, it seems like a perfect way to use the Cat-B list. My point is that Richmond aren’t going to suddenly flog Nank off just because they’ve signed this kid. In fact my original point was that even if Nank did want to leave Richmond, he won’t go somewhere to be a backup

I’m not doubting the strategy, it seems like a perfect way to use the Cat-B list. My point is that Richmond aren’t going to suddenly flog Nank off just because they’ve signed this kid. In fact my original point was that even if Nank did want to leave Richmond, he won’t go somewhere to be a backup
I am sorry i quoted your post, but they are getting a really tall guy that plays basketball for Hawaii University after Soldo did his ACL shifting Nankervis was probably put on the back burner you would think.

WESTERN BULLDOGS

Not too much on the radar for the Dogs currently. They’re very keen on out-of-contract Saint Jack Lonie and would be in with a chance for Giants youngster Xavier O’Halloran if he left, but apart from that the Dogs are in a holding pattern after quite the active trade period last year.

Draft picks

13, 38, 49, 85

this is from the fox sports website

Article today saying Nank about to resign and said he isn’t going anywhere.
Nank is just about signed according to our board

Nate Colina wont be at the club until 2022 but will come and go during the year on his breaks for some coaching and club related stuff

WESTERN BULLDOGS

Not too much on the radar for the Dogs currently. They’re very keen on out-of-contract Saint Jack Lonie and would be in with a chance for Giants youngster Xavier O’Halloran if he left, but apart from that the Dogs are in a holding pattern after quite the active trade period last year.

Draft picks

13, 38, 49, 85

this is from the fox sports website
Are they not seeing how stupid they are coming across?
If we were having an active trade period last year, what does that say about St Kilda then.
Why not write it as it is, they are keeping their thoughts on any acquisitions close to their chest with no real serious leaks yet.
Unlike other clubs, we have our core already signed up in advance, and have no other club coming to try poach one of our contracted players.
And the type of player we need is in short supply, regarding availability to acquire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of articles recently suggesting Lonie could be worth a mid-late second. That seems like massive overs to me? I would have thought more like a fourth
Agree, I just don't see it with him...but hey who am I?

Perhaps he said early on that he wants out? Dew seems like the kind of guy who only plays guys who are 100% on board.

Why get another full time ruck and have English run around for Footscray? Makes zero sense to me. And don't think for a second that we would play both in the same side.
It might have been Wright who posted the Dew pissing outside the Pub video

Schache has been unfairly criticised this year. People forget that he has had an injury plagued season. You cannot play good footy when injured. That is a fact. Thy guy has a future and he will make many on this board eat their words.
Or that you are soft as marshmallow

Schache has been unfairly criticised this year. People forget that he has had an injury plagued season. You cannot play good footy when injured. That is a fact. Thy guy has a future and he will make many on this board eat their words.

I agree with you mate. I am really bullish about what this young man can become. The problem with people on this site and others is they are feel the need to bring this young forwards down. These players are still getting into their own and are generally playing against more than one opponent due to the defensive presses the coaches implement. Hawkins is about the only forward who regularly gets one on ones where he can beat his opponent, and he is big enough to do so. Dixon is the other monster forward and he even has up and down games because he gets doubled teamed.

I said it earlier, I would play Schach on the wing and let him out work his opponent and get forward to become dangerous and move back and help in defence, like English does now. I look forward to hopefully seeing JUH, Bruce and Naughts lighting up the forward line and Schach, who has a good footy brain, moving forward and losing his opponent. With Wallis, Vanders, Dunks, Dale applying pressure and either Cav/West/Weighty at their feet it could become a very dangerous forward line.

A couple of articles recently suggesting Lonie could be worth a mid-late second. That seems like massive overs to me? I would have thought more like a fourth
I think that's way overs, the best value on that list is will Brodie late third for a once touted number 1 draft pick that when hes actually been played has done pretty well, we don't need inside mids but I'd take him anyway

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back