Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got to ask the question why hasn't he played this year. Ben King is ahead of him, but it's not like Sam Day has set the world alight at CHF for the Suns.

I would rather get Goldstein for two years.

Perhaps he said early on that he wants out? Dew seems like the kind of guy who only plays guys who are 100% on board.

Why get another full time ruck and have English run around for Footscray? Makes zero sense to me. And don't think for a second that we would play both in the same side.

Perhaps he said early on that he wants out? Dew seems like the kind of guy who only plays guys who are 100% on board.

Why get another full time ruck and have English run around for Footscray? Makes zero sense to me. And don't think for a second that we would play both in the same side.
Why can't Goldstein and English play in the same side? We'd have to change things around a bit but going back to full quarters next year will mean two rucks are essential. Bevo has shown that he changes the game plan based on available personnel. Both are mobile players who can go forward and back. If English gets injured the cupboard is bare. Bruce, Cordy or one the midfielders pinch hitting in the ruck is not ideal. Who knows if Sweet will make it?

Having said that, I don't see us going after Goldstein with what we need to do in the draft.

I'd like us to have a crack at Peter Wright. 203cm and Perfect foil for English in the ruck and Naughts up fwd. 24 yrs old. Can kick a goal from 50m. Bruce has 2 years max left and Schache probably on the way out.

Bruce is contracted for three more lol. Bit of a worry if he only has two years left. 30 is the new 35?

It would be nice to land one or two of the big names becoming available this trade period but we just don't have much to bargain with. We need plenty of points for Jamarra, we don't have a 2nd round pick and it is unlikely we will be trading out anyone of real value. We could land a free agent thereby not costing us any picks. The other thing to note is that there will be several big name players attracting high compensation picks which will push our few picks even further down the pecking order. Hopefully, Power can perform a miracle or two.

I reckon we’ll get someone out of the picture like Crozier or SHANE BIGGS who turns out to be a hidden gem.

Honestly I think that Roarke could be that player who plays out of his skin in the most important match and will just be a role player for the other games. Gardener will probably be like Roberts who comes in, isn't flashy or eye catching but ends up beating his direct opponent when it matters.

Hi guys reports around you have entered the race for Nathan broad
That’s interesting. I assumed he was signed sealed and delivered at GC.
I'd like us to have a crack at Peter Wright. 203cm and Perfect foil for English in the ruck and Naughts up fwd. 24 yrs old. Can kick a goal from 50m. Bruce has 2 years max left and Schache probably on the way out.
Wright has Schache’s problem. No intensity.
Yeah maybe I'm not extremely fussed I feel I'm in the bev camp minority a bit with the ruck situation but I would play schache Bruce and naughton and they can all back up ruck to English at points during game
Those guys are fine in short bursts to give Tim a spell, but we need a genuine option able to take the reigns if English is injured or needs a rest. Don’t need to be world beaters but capable of holding their own for 5 or so games if called upon

Honestly I think that Roarke could be that player who plays out of his skin in the most important match and will just be a role player for the other games. Gardener will probably be like Roberts who comes in, isn't flashy or eye catching but ends up beating his direct opponent when it matters.
I'm tipping vdm to have a finals series like c.smith if he manages to get back into the team

I'm liking Roarke more and more with every game the last year or two. Really surprised because I thought Webb and Honeychurch had better chances of making it, but definitely changed my mind there

That’s a massive call. Clay was mega
He was but I see that same desperate style of footy in vandermeer all be it a small sample size I also think mentally he is a finals footballer/big game player.
Wallis is another one who will be extremely hungry come finals time after missing 16 and I see Biggs style 4,5 and 6 effort plays coming from him

It would be nice to land one or two of the big names becoming available this trade period but we just don't have much to bargain with. We need plenty of points for Jamarra, we don't have a 2nd round pick and it is unlikely we will be trading out anyone of real value. We could land a free agent thereby not costing us any picks. The other thing to note is that there will be several big name players attracting high compensation picks which will push our few picks even further down the pecking order. Hopefully, Power can perform a miracle or two.
Agree, I feel like O'Halloran is as big as we can go. Would be very happy with him though.

If everyone is looking for a Ruck backup I am surprised to see Nank's name not promoted as an option to just come in and perform a role upon injury or rest requirements. He has been solid for Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If everyone is looking for a Ruck backup I am surprised to see Nank's name not promoted as an option to just come in and perform a role upon injury or rest requirements. He has been solid for Richmond.

Tigers lost Soldo to injury untill (likely) 2022. They will need him.

Think the bad blood involves the fact that we weren't ready to guarantee him a contract before even meeting him, or something to that effect...
I wouldn’t care. Have Bevo cook him a lamb roast, bring him on board and let bygones be bygones. This is professional sport and he would be a great addition to the team. Would make our backline so solid with him Keath, Cordy, Williams, Crozier and Daniels. Honestly our backline and centre would be set and just need to hone the forward line.. I’d be all in.

Nank has been mentioned. He’s good enough to be a number 1 ruck he’s not going anywhere to be a back up. Plus Richmond won’t let him go now anyway with Soldo going down

That’s why I’d be trying to get Collingwoods first next year and have a crack at someone next year.

I think CCD might still be gettable from Tigers. I believe Tigers will be looking for another ruck over CCD. They probably want to move CCD on and bring in another ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back