Current Claremont Murders - The Bunker

Is Bradley Edwards the Mystery Man in the CCTV?

• Yes

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa! Think you're onto something there Ms Finch! Rejection by men, interesting! Maybe not necessarily BRE presenting as a gay man to DF (or any other man) but being affectionate, hugging (and holding on too long?) arm around shoulder too often, that type of thing? BRE mixed up sexually and not knowing how to Express himself to men (or women).
A bit of stream of consciousness here, but let’s see:

I would have to go back and do some reading, but I believe that men dressing in women’s clothing can be a stress outlet. It could be that some incident in Edwards‘ childhood occurred and the way he found comfort at that point was in women’s clothing. Perhaps later on if he was then being bullied at school he sought out women’s clothing, possibly driven by something subconscious. This may explain why he was doing that as a young teenager. Everyone has stress in their lives so that could be why it is something he has retained his whole life as a private activity - he gets stressed so he wears women’s clothing as a comfort.

He doesn’t seem to actually deal with stress. Recall his reactions when what would be considered stressful things have happened - he seems completely disconnected from the emotion of them. Yes, he apparently yelled at DF that he was going to kill him, but he also begged him to stay at the house. Not exactly healthy either way, let alone when viewed together.

If people have messed up wiring in their brains (eg APD), being disempowered could lead to them seeking to have power over others in quite an extreme black and white way. Bullying could have started the chain because that would have made him feel disempowered. Bullying is about power. He needed to “get his power back”.

I could never quite understand what the emotional triggers for his behaviour would be at a young age, but perhaps the sense of disempowerment from the bullying resulted in him looking for outlets that reversed the balance of power. He starts prowling around peeping into neighbours’ windows and pinching things that serve the dual purpose of feeding his clothing requirement and making him feel powerful. He went back to the same house on Huntingdale Rd several times, and the addresses on Hamperden Rd are next to each other (he may have mixed up the address given his hiatus). What if someone who had done something to cause him stress by making him feel disempowered lived at those addresses?

He progresses to breaking in to houses but runs away. He’s not really out to hurt anyone at that point; he just gets off on knowing he can get in and give them a fright. It makes him feel powerful to do that.

The Huntingdale attack to which he has plead guilty - he knew the family that lived there apparently. While I don’t believe that there was any pool incident of the magnitude that he talked about leaving him with a fear of water, the fact that he brought up the little brother in a disparaging way made me think there had been some altercation. Otherwise, why bring that person into it? What if the little brother p***ed him off and his retaliation was to go after his sister? It wouldn’t be the first time someone went down that path. He’s a coward - he could never really stand up to another bloke.

He kept a gun. Why? He never used it. Did it make him feel powerful, like he could harm someone if he wanted to?

After the attack on Wendy he focused on two things with the psychologist: financial issues and EB wanting them to get married. This is completely inconsistent with other theoretical emotional triggers, which centre around rejection by women. Wanting to get married is the opposite of rejection. So maybe we are talking general stress here and putting on a pair of women’s knickers was not enough. Or maybe others were putting pressure on him to get married and he felt he didn’t have control over his own life. Or maybe that was a convenient excuse and some guy had treated him badly in his eyes so he found a vulnerable target to relieve his stress. But he stops when she fights back because he’s never gone further; he’s still too scared, and he’s gotten the stress relief and/or power trip he needs from it.

His cruising around in Claremont - he could have been picking up women and getting off on just knowing he could do something if he wanted. Perhaps he didn’t need to go through with the act itself to get the power trip he needed at those times. His behaviour, however, could have escalated from the late 80s to the 90s by virtue of the fact that he wasn’t getting the same sense of relief from the more minor acts any more. Like any addict, he needed more to get the same fix.

It seems very much as though Edwards regarded DF as his friend, whatever his relationship with EB. Did Edwards really have many friends? We’ve seen he was friendly with the Cooks. But what if his anger at DB was because he felt DB was leaving HIM when he’d told him not to? What if he didn’t like DB’s attitude towards him? It’s nuts to me that more wasn’t examined about the fact that DF was quite possibly at the house and could have seen Edwards prior to Sarah’s disappearance. Did DF tell Edwards he was moving out that night? He moved to Warnbro at least by 16 February - just a couple of weeks later.

At the time Ciara was murdered, Edwards was in the process of selling the Fountain Way house. That’s pretty stressful, especially if it was putting him under financial strain and he was worried about his financial future. He was involved with KM during that period as well (just pre CG), so I don’t see why he would have been emotionally triggered by a sense of rejection or distress due to his relationships with women.

KK survived her attack. She pretended to be unconscious, was completely submissive. If the screams from Mosman Park are taken to be Sarah’s and the screams in Wellard are Jane’s, they fought back. Maybe not physically, but perhaps in his eyes they refused to submit to him. We know Ciara fought back, once again a refusal to submit. For someone on a power trip, that would be like a red rag to a bull. Although of course by that point, killing them might have been necessary to deal with the disempowerment issues, so it may not have mattered how they reacted.

I can’t fill in a lot of the gaps because it was never examined whether other incidents in his life may have caused him to feel disempowered or stressed, or whether he was having issues with other men at the times of his known attacks. And, as I said, stream of consciousness so it might not all fit.

Last edited:
I know this car parked in BRE's drive way has been discussed on numerous occasions, both here and on the other side. The conclusion was that it was not the same model, though because the pic is a little blurry, it was difficult to say exactly what it is. BUT, we're not all car experts and its basic colour, size and shape is similar to the car Kerry was seen to getting into.

i think the consensus was that it was a holden gemini, quite possibly a TE model - 1979 to 1982

Something I came across while looking for something else in the judgement:

It’s possible that DF was still living with Edwards the night Sarah was killed. I don’t think that’s impossible given the odd relationship that seemed to be going on there, and the fact that apparently Edwards begging DF not to leave moreso than EB. That to me makes it highly unlikely that Edwards ever hung on to Sarah’s body or had her at the house. He disposed of her that night.
Just following on from this, I tend to believe this supports the idea that killing Sarah wasn’t the intended act when he began his activities that night.

Attacking her, yes, sexually assaulting her, yes. But surely if he was planning to kill her when he left home or left his ex-wife’s parents place he would have wanted a clear space to return to where he could deal with that? Any murder is going to result in him having blood on him and probably dirt and vegetation from the body disposal, and therefore having to clean himself and possibly his car up afterward. Not to mention that I think he would have been conscious of the fact that anyone living with him could have noticed something amiss if he returned very late after activities like that.

Even if it was pre-meditated, I believe that he must have planned on going elsewhere. The same issues apply. And if it was pre-meditated then he was definitely not going to be silly enough to take the risk of strolling back into his place covered in filth to find his housemate having a late night cup of tea. “Don’t mind me all covered in blood and dirt. How’s my ex these days?”

(His agreed address at the time of Jane and Ciara’s murders is his parents’ place in Gay St. However, he still owned the Fountain Way house and there is no mention that it was tenanted; merely that he was working on it in order to sell it, which occurred at the beginning of April 1997. So he still had access and it was empty. Plus his parents were away when Ciara went missing so he had the Gay St property to himself.)

The only place I can see that Edwards could realistically have gone the night Sarah was killed is his parents’ holiday house in Madora Bay. Mosman Park to Madora Bay is about an hour. It’s doable in the timeframe: approx 2am disappearance - 8am at work.

What I think it means is that Sarah’s body has to be south. If he had to go there to clean up, I don’t see him doing anything that requires him to double back, especially given the timeframe. Wellard is on the way, but so is a huge expanse of bush running south from Wellard all along the highway. I think she’s in there somewhere. I’d start with Wellard and search around the access tracks off the main road and any Telstra infrastructure that existed in that area in January 1996.

We know various items belonging to the girls (which it is believed they had with them on the night of their disappearance) were not recovered when their bodies were discovered. Leading one to believe he has a 'stash' of his victims belongings. In the belief that ALL the house he had been living in were thoroughly searched (including parents home) and not found, they must be some where else. I believe we have three options of where they could be-
1. In a bush hiding place.
2. A Telstra/work hiding place.
3. Other place that is permanent and easily accessible or reasonably accessible. Possibly being - friend or acquaintances home or property, venue he regularly attends, safe deposit box/room at storage business. Any one have any other ideas?
Also could some one please list the items which were missing from each victim TIA, ( It may take me all day to search as this is not my forte and I know some of you are whizzes at this sort of thing!!)

The above assumes that everything missing was kept as a trophy. maybe JR was consensual sex gone bad, she gets killed while still undressed. the clothes and personal effects could of been dumped somewhere else, put in a bin, or even chucked in a charity donation bin.

He kept all of his toys, dress ups, computer and apparently the used bags safe and sound in his locked up garage. That’s where the cops found it all.

yes the cops found used bags. but was it 10 years worth of bags, or was it a couple that were just waiting on disposal? he may of been hanging on to them for some disgusting reason, or it could be there was a few that he was planning to throw out but hadn't got to yet.

Just following on from this, I tend to believe this supports the idea that killing Sarah wasn’t the intended act when he began his activities that night.

Attacking her, yes, sexually assaulting her, yes. But surely if he was planning to kill her when he left home or left his ex-wife’s parents place he would have wanted a clear space to return to where he could deal with that? Any murder is going to result in him having blood on him and probably dirt and vegetation from the body disposal, and therefore having to clean himself and possibly his car up afterward. Not to mention that I think he would have been conscious of the fact that anyone living with him could have noticed something amiss if he returned very late after activities like that.

Even if it was pre-meditated, I believe that he must have planned on going elsewhere. The same issues apply. And if it was pre-meditated then he was definitely not going to be silly enough to take the risk of strolling back into his place covered in filth to find his housemate having a late night cup of tea. “Don’t mind me all covered in blood and dirt. How’s my ex these days?”

(His agreed address at the time of Jane and Ciara’s murders is his parents’ place in Gay St. However, he still owned the Fountain Way house and there is no mention that it was tenanted; merely that he was working on it in order to sell it, which occurred at the beginning of April 1997. So he still had access and it was empty. Plus his parents were away when Ciara went missing so he had the Gay St property to himself.)

The only place I can see that Edwards could realistically have gone the night Sarah was killed is his parents’ holiday house in Madora Bay. Mosman Park to Madora Bay is about an hour. It’s doable in the timeframe: approx 2am disappearance - 8am at work.

What I think it means is that Sarah’s body has to be south. If he had to go there to clean up, I don’t see him doing anything that requires him to double back, especially given the timeframe. Wellard is on the way, but so is a huge expanse of bush running south from Wellard all along the highway. I think she’s in there somewhere. I’d start with Wellard and search around the access tracks off the main road and any Telstra infrastructure that existed in that area in January 1996.
Just following on from this.

I know police searched the property in Madora Bay after Edwards was arrested. But what they also need to have done is find out who the neighbours were at the time and question them as to whether they have any recollection of anything strange that night. It was Australia Day - you might get lucky and someone might remember it because it was a significant date.

He had to be at work at 8am in West Perth, I think. If he was wearing his uniform he either had to clean it and let it dry or he had to get back home and change after dealing with his dirty clothes. The latest he could have left Madora Bay is probably 7am, but more likely earlier such as 6am. People may have been up at that point and seen him leave.

I also hope they spoke to all the neighbours of the Fountain Way house that night in case someone noted him returning first thing in the morning.

Interesting you say all that. This discovery led me to a slightly mad theory that I posted over in the Marsha Johnson thread.

What if Edward’ triggers were not anything to do with women, but to do with his relationships or interactions with men?

I am not sold on the emotional trigger theory and still tend to believe that Edwards was a psychopath who acted for reasons of sexual gratification. But what if he was reacting to being belittled by another man rather than how a woman was making him feel, taking it out on someone weaker and more vulnerable (a woman)? Or what if, say from a completely opposite perspective, he had emotional attachments to these men and felt rejected?

He could have gone home after the rejection from EB and had some sort of altercation with DF.
That might be so. Imagine BRE as a child dressing as a girl. His father (BE) learning what he'd been doing. BRE was probably made to feel ashamed etc and might have received severe punishment. The mother, watched but neglected to protect BRE - might be why BRE hurt women.

A bit of stream of consciousness here, but let’s see:

I would have to go back and do some reading, but I believe that men dressing in women’s clothing can be a stress outlet. It could be that some incident in Edwards‘ childhood occurred and the way he found comfort at that point was in women’s clothing. Perhaps later on if he was then being bullied at school he sought out women’s clothing, possibly driven by something subconscious. This may explain why he was doing that as a young teenager. Everyone has stress in their lives so that could be why it is something he has retained his whole life as a private activity - he gets stressed so he wears women’s clothing as a comfort.

He doesn’t seem to actually deal with stress. Recall his reactions when what would be considered stressful things have happened - he seems completely disconnected from the emotion of them. Yes, he apparently yelled at DF that he was going to kill him, but he also begged him to stay at the house. Not exactly healthy either way, let alone when viewed together.

If people have messed up wiring in their brains (eg APD), being disempowered could lead to them seeking to have power over others in quite an extreme black and white way. Bullying could have started the chain because that would have made him feel disempowered. Bullying is about power. He needed to “get his power back”.

I could never quite understand what the emotional triggers for his behaviour would be at a young age, but perhaps the sense of disempowerment from the bullying resulted in him looking for outlets that reversed the balance of power. He starts prowling around peeping into neighbours’ windows and pinching things that serve the dual purpose of feeding his clothing requirement and making him feel powerful. He went back to the same house on Huntingdale Rd several times, and the addresses on Hamperden Rd are next to each other (he may have mixed up the address given his hiatus). What if someone who had done something to cause him stress by making him feel disempowered lived at those addresses?

He progresses to breaking in to houses but runs away. He’s not really out to hurt anyone at that point; he just gets off on knowing he can get in and give them a fright. It makes him feel powerful to do that.

The Huntingdale attack to which he has plead guilty - he knew the family that lived there apparently. While I don’t believe that there was any pool incident of the magnitude that he talked about leaving him with a fear of water, the fact that he brought up the little brother in a disparaging way made me think there had been some altercation. Otherwise, why bring that person into it? What if the little brother p***ed him off and his retaliation was to go after his sister? It wouldn’t be the first time someone went down that path. He’s a coward - he could never really stand up to another bloke.

He kept a gun. Why? He never used it. Did it make him feel powerful, like he could harm someone if he wanted to?

After the attack on Wendy he focused on two things with the psychologist: financial issues and EB wanting them to get married. This is completely inconsistent with other theoretical emotional triggers, which centre around rejection by women. Wanting to get married is the opposite of rejection. So maybe we are talking general stress here and putting on a pair of women’s knickers was not enough. Or maybe others were putting pressure on him to get married and he felt he didn’t have control over his own life. Or maybe that was a convenient excuse and some guy had treated him badly in his eyes so he found a vulnerable target to relieve his stress. But he stops when she fights back because he’s never gone further; he’s still too scared, and he’s gotten the stress relief and/or power trip he needs from it.

His cruising around in Claremont - he could have been picking up women and getting off on just knowing he could do something if he wanted. Perhaps he didn’t need to go through with the act itself to get the power trip he needed at those times. His behaviour, however, could have escalated from the late 80s to the 90s by virtue of the fact that he wasn’t getting the same sense of relief from the more minor acts any more. Like any addict, he needed more to get the same fix.

It seems very much as though Edwards regarded DF as his friend, whatever his relationship with EB. Did Edwards really have many friends? We’ve seen he was friendly with the Cooks. But what if his anger at DB was because he felt DB was leaving HIM when he’d told him not to? What if he didn’t like DB’s attitude towards him? It’s nuts to me that more wasn’t examined about the fact that DF was quite possibly at the house and could have seen Edwards prior to Sarah’s disappearance. Did DF tell Edwards he was moving out that night? He moved to Warnbro at least by 16 February - just a couple of weeks later.

At the time Ciara was murdered, Edwards was in the process of selling the Fountain Way house. That’s pretty stressful, especially if it was putting him under financial strain and he was worried about his financial future. He was involved with KM during that period as well (just pre CG), so I don’t see why he would have been emotionally triggered by a sense of rejection or distress due to his relationships with women.

KK survived her attack. She pretended to be unconscious, was completely submissive. If the screams from Mosman Park are taken to be Sarah’s and the screams in Wellard are Jane’s, they fought back. Maybe not physically, but perhaps in his eyes they refused to submit to him. We know Ciara fought back, once again a refusal to submit. For someone on a power trip, that would be like a red rag to a bull. Although of course by that point, killing them might have been necessary to deal with the disempowerment issues, so it may not have mattered how they reacted.

I can’t fill in a lot of the gaps because it was never examined whether other incidents in his life may have caused him to feel disempowered or stressed, or whether he was having issues with other men at the times of his known attacks. And, as I said, stream of consciousness so it might not all fit.

The Huntingdale attack to which he has plead guilty - he knew the family that lived there apparently.

"Ms Barbagallo is asking her about that night, on February 14 (Valentine's Day) 1988.
"I knew of [Bradley Edwards]," she said.
"Bradley Edwards' younger brother Troy was friends will my two brothers ... he sometimes came over in primary school. Bradley Edwards' mother Kay was my netball coach ... I was also friends with [his cousins]."

So there were several connections to the H victim it seems, Ms Finch. And interesting that it was Valentine's Day that the attack took place. BRE's twisted way of getting a girlfriend?

Last edited:
Interesting you say all that. This discovery led me to a slightly mad theory that I posted over in the Marsha Johnson thread.

What if Edward’ triggers were not anything to do with women, but to do with his relationships or interactions with men?

I am not sold on the emotional trigger theory and still tend to believe that Edwards was a psychopath who acted for reasons of sexual gratification. But what if he was reacting to being belittled by another man rather than how a woman was making him feel, taking it out on someone weaker and more vulnerable (a woman)? Or what if, say from a completely opposite perspective, he had emotional attachments to these men and felt rejected?

He could have gone home after the rejection from EB and had some sort of altercation with DF.

ive had a slightly different idea that ive been working on. say BRE as a child was bullied or picked on, and his mother mollycoddled him with hugs and holding him. as he ages to primary school age this continues, and he starts to associate the female persona as being warm, comforting and accepting. BRE then gets older, and his mother starts being a bit more hands off as you would expect, and suggests he stands up to the bullies/deals with it/moves on etc. BRE being socially awkward is unable to deal with this, and so he starts trying to find his own 'security blanket' in effect, the warm female persona he had previous. possibly it starts as just clothing that has his mothers smell on it, then as he gets older again and his hormones kick in, he starts looking for a woman to replace his mother type figure, and do similar while being his partner. being socially awkward makes this hard for him, so he starts peeping, and pinching clothing from washing lines to wear. soon he has a mental link of wearing female clothing and sexual arousal of being connected to the woman the clothing came from. this leads to him taking further risks from taking clothes off washing lines, to actually seeing the female that owns the clothes, or taking the clothing of his choice from their drawers/cupboards. the sexual arousal while wearing female clothes grows, and he starts progressions towards sexual crimes against females.

fast forward a little bit, and BRE is now employed at telstra, and is in a relationship with EB. quite possible at first she was controlling and comforting of BRE, which is what he wanted. as time goes by, she starts being less sympathetic to his whining and carry on. he isolates away from her, and starts reverting to his former activities, although now he has money, and mobility. he starts taking his show on the road, which culminates in the KK attack, and progression from there.

Ms Finch,

You've posted two brilliant posts today, which I've read a couple of times, and culled for brevity.

So, the morning of SS abduction BRE couldn't possibly have gone home to Fountain Way - DF was living there.

It looks like he went to Madora Bay, showered, then early AM drove back to Fountain Way, vehicle was dirty, so walked to MCs.

BRE arrived at Murray Cooke's place (about 7.20am) - was dropped off or walked (if he got a lift who was it?)

What if BRE had gone from Madora Bay to Gay St? I wonder where the parents were at that time.

That might be so. Imagine BRE as a child dressing as a girl. His father (BE) learning what he'd been doing. BRE was probably made to feel ashamed etc and might have received severe punishment. The mother, watched but neglected to protect BRE - might be why BRE hurt women.
All of these theories are interesting and may indeed be true but I think that one thing is likely, albeit obvious: BRE was highly sexed. I say this because I still believe that his crimes were sexually motivated and the motivation for the murders was to avoid detection. And when I say ‘sexually motivated’ I don’t mean about power or misogyny so much as sexual gratification. There didn’t appear to be much in the way of sadism in the MO, for instance.

I’m not certain that my assessment is correct. Our early environment is very influential towards our later behaviour after all and there is much that we don’t know about BRE’s early life. But I’m just not sure that a hatred of women is his motive. That’s not to say that he has any empathy for women or probably anyone. And I think that stress in his romantic relationships may have been a trigger and he obviously shows extreme criminal psychopathy. But a motivation of misogyny often manifests itself in different ways that aren’t apparent with this case.

My opinion regarding a few issues about this case.

Trophies- if missing items haven’t been found, he probably disposed of them and probably long ago. I don’t think he stashed them at a secret location. He probably binned them and they’re lost in landfill somewhere.

Other victims- possible, and if so then likely subsequent to the CSK cases. Unlikely to be from the Claremont area but other areas of Perth. There was just too much surveillance around Claremont to continue taking victims, even with LW as the prime suspect. So any other missing women around Perth are possibilities. LJB taken from Highgate is possible.

Accomplice- I think it’s not impossible that BRE may have had an accomplice in some of his criminal activities, if not murder then unsolved rapes. That’s just a hunch, and I may be completely incorrect, and I’m not entirely sold on the idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ms Finch,

You've posted two brilliant posts today, which I've read a couple of times, and culled for brevity.

So, the morning of SS abduction BRE couldn't possibly have gone home to Fountain Way - DF was living there.

It looks like he went to Madora Bay, showered, then early AM drove back to Fountain Way, vehicle was dirty, so walked to MCs.

BRE arrived at Murray Cooke's place (about 7.20am) - was dropped off or walked (if he got a lift who was it?)

What if BRE had gone from Madora Bay to Gay St? I wonder where the parents were at that time.
Thanks! Totally understand you editing for brevity. Just thinking on your comments -

There is a dispute about whether Edwards and Murray Cook came to work together. John Travis, who kept meticulous records, recorded Edwards as starting work at 8am and Murray starting at work at 10am. There is also the issue that Murray’s wife recalled Edwards being there and assisting with fixing an air conditioner due to it being a very hot day, but the weather report didn’t support that so the conclusion was that she was likely confused about that date.

Having said that if someone else gave Edwards a lift or he got to work other than in his car, he would have had to be back in Perth earlier than 8am.

It did occur to me after I posted that if it was pre-meditated he could have taken a change of uniform with him, or even if not, he may have kept one in his car anyway. I should also say that he may not have worn his uniform that night, but he still had to get in to one for work somehow or at least clean or change his clothes before work the next day if they were not required to wear uniforms while working on weekends.

In the Admissions section of the judgement, there are statements about when Edwards’ parents were overseas. My assumption is that they would have canvassed all of those for the period relevant to January 26 1996 - 14 March 1997, because one of the ones in the admissions doesn’t have anything to do with the dates of the crimes. That IS an assumption, but I think a reasonable one. Based on that, his parents were not overseas for Australia Day 1996.

However, that does raise another possibility I didn’t immediately think of: if they had gone to the Madora Bay house that weekend, then it’s the Gay St house that is empty and where Edwards would, in my view, have gone, which changes things.

I’d still start with Madora Bay as the location he headed towards, though. It fits with where Jane is; in fact, if he took the main highway - the fastest route, it’s literally just a quick couple of turn offs. He’s just killed a young woman, likely for the first time at least in a while; whether it was planned or not, he’s going to be a bit pumped and nervy and not completely calm. He heads somewhere safe to clean up and starts thinking of places to dump the body on the way - a Telstra infrastructure site he was aware of on the way is exactly the sort of thing I think would pop in to his head. Or he’s planned to kill her and he needs somewhere to do it on the way to cleaning himself up. Again, a Telstra site would surely be something he considered.

ive had a slightly different idea that ive been working on. say BRE as a child was bullied or picked on, and his mother mollycoddled him with hugs and holding him. as he ages to primary school age this continues, and he starts to associate the female persona as being warm, comforting and accepting. BRE then gets older, and his mother starts being a bit more hands off as you would expect, and suggests he stands up to the bullies/deals with it/moves on etc. BRE being socially awkward is unable to deal with this, and so he starts trying to find his own 'security blanket' in effect, the warm female persona he had previous. possibly it starts as just clothing that has his mothers smell on it, then as he gets older again and his hormones kick in, he starts looking for a woman to replace his mother type figure, and do similar while being his partner. being socially awkward makes this hard for him, so he starts peeping, and pinching clothing from washing lines to wear. soon he has a mental link of wearing female clothing and sexual arousal of being connected to the woman the clothing came from. this leads to him taking further risks from taking clothes off washing lines, to actually seeing the female that owns the clothes, or taking the clothing of his choice from their drawers/cupboards. the sexual arousal while wearing female clothes grows, and he starts progressions towards sexual crimes against females.

fast forward a little bit, and BRE is now employed at telstra, and is in a relationship with EB. quite possible at first she was controlling and comforting of BRE, which is what he wanted. as time goes by, she starts being less sympathetic to his whining and carry on. he isolates away from her, and starts reverting to his former activities, although now he has money, and mobility. he starts taking his show on the road, which culminates in the KK attack, and progression from there.
I think you may actually be correct about the reasons for and impact of wearing women’s clothing in some instances. I’m working from memory here because I did some reading on it when I had a few clients who liked to do it. Happy to be corrected. It’s interesting that some men will bring their own kits with them but others were absolutely adamant that they needed to wear my underwear (not happening; it would be ruined).

I think sexual behaviour is developed very young - but it makes sense to me that it could subsequently evolve and develop as you have indicated.

I like the characterization of the relationship with EB - that it starts off warm and comforting but then as it settles into a more long term relationship Edwards is not able to draw the same level of that from it. I am still struggling to see how pressure to get married was seen as something that fitted with his other supposed pattern of triggers. It works as general stress, but not as relationship issues whereby he is not feeling loved, wanted or significant.

All of these theories are interesting and may indeed be true but I think that one thing is likely, albeit obvious: BRE was highly sexed. I say this because I still believe that his crimes were sexually motivated and the motivation for the murders was to avoid detection. And when I say ‘sexually motivated’ I don’t mean about power or misogyny so much as sexual gratification. There didn’t appear to be much in the way of sadism in the MO, for instance.

I’m not certain that my assessment is correct. Our early environment is very influential towards our later behaviour after all and there is much that we don’t know about BRE’s early life. But I’m just not sure that a hatred of women is his motive. That’s not to say that he has any empathy for women or probably anyone. And I think that stress in his romantic relationships may have been a trigger and he obviously shows extreme criminal psychopathy. But a motivation of misogyny often manifests itself in different ways that aren’t apparent with this case.
I agree with you about the misogyny. I think he is misogynistic, but that seems distinct from the actual motivation for his crimes, which in my view - where we differ - was about sexual gratification due to power. It struck me that there was no reported physical or verbal abuse to his partners. Yes, his second wife claimed she was terrified, but that wasn’t necessarily due to anything he did to her directly.

The Huntingdale attack to which he has plead guilty - he knew the family that lived there apparently.

"Ms Barbagallo is asking her about that night, on February 14 (Valentine's Day) 1988.
"Bradley Edwards' younger brother Troy was friends will my two brothers ... he sometimes came over in primary school. Bradley Edwards' mother Kay was my netball coach ... I was also friends with [his cousins]."

So there were several connections to the H victim it seems, Ms Finch. And interesting that it was Valentine's Day that the attack took place. BRE's twisted way of getting a girlfriend?

Wowsers. I had completely not twigged on the Valentines Day date. Jealousy perhaps? Of others having something that day that he craved?

I do plan to go back to my spot to look for SS. And also for Iveta. I do not think Iveta is near SS. Iveta near a former house close to wetlands. No point stating why now on a blog. What I try to do is not easy. It really is not. I really am trying to do my best hey. I do struggle with what does come in. Is it me or them?
Don’t forget to not go too far into places Throaty he didn’t have a 4WD and he placed the others just off tracks into the scrub. Also I read yesterday a lot think SS is somewhere in the dunes around the Swanbourne Army Barracks?? Has this area ever been searched I wonder?

Don’t forget to not go too far into places Throaty he didn’t have a 4WD and he placed the others just off tracks into the scrub. Also I read yesterday a lot think SS is somewhere in the dunes around the Swanbourne Army Barracks?? Has this area ever been searched I wonder?

Bit of a coincidence, I was just researching burying bodies in dunes or the scrub that separates the beach. At Gilgo Beach over ten were found decades later purely by accident when a police officer was walking his dog and they weren't buried. The more I looked into this both internationally and locally in Sydney for example, the more deflated I got.

Some remains were dug up in construction of a desal plant near Botany Bay in 2009, more over time that date back to the 1970s considered to be victims of Neddy Smith. If not for heavy earth moving machinery they wouldn't have been found.

According to BRE, in his all day WAPOL grilling shortly after his arrest, he claimed that the Huntingdale Victim (AH) had a younger brother who nearly drowned him in a swimming pool.

So now it's been established that the Huntingdale victim that BRE pleaded guilty to had not one brother, but two brothers, that leaves the possibility that the verdict document's BRE Admissions about the 2 non-BRE DNA tests/results on 2 & 13 Dec, 2016, were actually for both of the Huntingdale victims brothers, and that the 2 Dec one not the Huntingdale victim. And that none of them were for the Huntingdale victim's father. Either way, it's just interesting in how they assign acronyms to witnesses in cases like this.

The original source of the above quote on the 2 brothers can be found at

Take care Throaty. Don't go too far off course if you dares to win this dangerous/risky challenge.

I hear that the hazards in the Swanbourne dunes used to include poisonous snakes, unexploded ordnance, and poisonous pervs in various states of explosion/attire.

Take care Throaty. Don't go too far off course if you dares to win this dangerous/risky challenge.

I hear that the hazards in the Swanbourne dunes used to include poisonous snakes, unexploded ordnance, and poisonous pervs in various states of explosion/attire.
I agree. I think it is amazing, Throaty, that you are actively looking for Sarah. It’s very easy for me to sit here and come up with theories, but I’m not actually doing anything practical. Your safety is really important. We cannot help Sarah now so don’t get yourself into a situation where people lose you, too. ❤️❤️❤️

There is also the issue that Murray’s wife recalled Edwards being there and assisting with fixing an air conditioner due to it being a very hot day, but the weather report didn’t support that so the conclusion was that she was likely confused about that date.
I think the point every one seems to be missing here, is that it doesn't matter that, that particular day was not hot. It was the middle of summer and had been hot and would continue to be hot. So the air con needed to be fixed for for future use. Maybe this was the the only time she could get BRE to come over and fix it?

I think the point every one seems to be missing here, is that it doesn't matter that, that particular day was not hot. It was the middle of summer and had been hot and would continue to be hot. So the air con needed to be fixed for for future use. Maybe this was the the only time she could get BRE to come over and fix it?
It was Mrs Cook who made the point that it was a very hot day and that is why the airconditioner needed fixing. With Edwards arriving at work at 8am, that doesn’t appear to be something you would schedule in advance due to it being generally hot; that’s more the kind of thing you would ask when someone turned up. Why wouldn’t you have asked after work on the Saturday if it was a known problem rather than at 7:30am or so on a Sunday morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back