Moved Thread Oh we're from Tigerland!!!! Neutral supporters declare your (temporary) love for Yellow and Black here

Remove this Banner Ad

All I can see atm is Tom Lynch's smug face and Tom Hawkins 'how was that a free kick' face.
Either of those guys with a premiership this year... lose lose tbh

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its a good match up in that Richmond have been the better of the two sides for a few years. Can Geelong snap the Tigers winning streak against them ?

Has a bit of Hulk Hogan v Andre the Giant about it!!

Such a booorrrring match up.

geelong the more likeable club, tigers the more enjoyable to watch.

do the cats deserve a flag this year? Not really.

do Richmond? Probably, but that’s annoying that they get a “dynasty” claim.

i’ll be rooting for a good game of Australian rules football.

Tigers need to win a 4th flag to claim dynasty status. 3 in 4 is a solid effort though.

Geelong just because it Ablett

If I was a neutral Ablett would be a main reason I’d go for the opposition. God botherer who ran for the money, did fa for the new club and returned for a premiership. Hate to see that rewarded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When Richmond beat us in the grand final I was shocked and disappointed. But it was made better by the fact that their supporters had suffered more football hardship than almost any other fan base.

In the last three years, sometimes I've had a lot of resentment towards Richmond for being so good while we've collapsed. Yet I have a lot of respect for how the club turned itself from a four-decade joke into a powerhouse on and off the field. I have a lot of respect for their players and officials - a lot of likeable ones such as Hardwick and Martin. And perhaps most of all I respect the strong passion of their fans.

I'd like to see them win next week and get up there amongst the top teams of the 21st century.

Thanks for taking the time to write that respect.

If the Tigers do claim the Dynasty title they would have had to have done it in a competition that has 18 clubs
No other club can claim this
What’s your definition of dynasty?

If it’s 3 premierships, Hawthorns 2013-15 all occurred in an 18 team competition.

Doesn’t take away from it being an incredible achievement but it has been done before

going to be a tough weekend,hate richmond and penrith,but i hate the storm more & though i dont hate the cats more,it has to be richmond for me

these reasons
1.theyve won 2 recent already,so a 3rd will be lesser of a big deal,id rather see one of these teams devestated & if the tigers lose its hard to be so devestated when youve won 2 out of 4
2.ablett the player is a superstar,ablett the man,telling me(atheist)that i will burn in hell(which doesnt exist,but i dont appreciate it anyway)can go and get rooxxx,he does not deserve to go out a winner
3.i dont like the way geelong conduct business in november,i respect it but dont like it,i like danger but i dont want to see him win a flag with them
4.jack reiwoldts humble speech saying nick deserved a flag more than he did,or something along those lines
5.the scarlett/bartel/harvey incident,scarlett you may well be the best full back of all time(like ablett total respect as a player)but you are the filthbag of the century

oh and as for the storm
before they came along i and many others had an nrl team,i stuck with my team while all these bandwagon jumpers jumped ship,no respect for that processed cheese plastic organisation at all,if the saints or tigers moved to tassie or even china the fans would stick with them & not switch to carlton essendon or collingwood,so why change to the processed cheese storm just because they are victorian?nah nah nah nah not me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My best mate is a Tigers supporter, so I've gone for them in the last couple of their GF's.

A bit torn with this one though because Richmond posters on BF have been more insufferable than every supporter group who've tasted success. A prime example of how you don't want your supporter group to be if your team wins a flag. Geelong posters handled their team's success much better.

Haven't made my mind up. Will wait and see what happens during the game to sway my support. Am leaning Geelong's way atm.

Hard to really create a compelling narrative. Really don't care much who wins. If I had to pick Richmond just, mainly because of the whole 'Danger deserves a premiership' narrative. It's like he's entitled to one. Richmond have been solid the last few years so wouldn't begrudge them another after 37 years in the wilderness, even though their smugness kinda grates on me and I'd love to see someone take them down. Oh well. Was really hoping for a 2004 rematch but that's how it goes. 40k at the Gabba for two Victorian teams again.

This game is the worse match up for me.

Tigers and Cats are the teams ( and supporters) I like the least in the comp.

I hope that Dangerfield does one of his obvious soft flops and dives for an obvious non free and kicks the winning goal.

Then Victoria and the media go bananas.

That would be funny.

If I was a neutral Ablett would be a main reason I’d go for the opposition. God botherer who ran for the money, did fa for the new club and returned for a premiership. Hate to see that rewarded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not sure why his religious beliefs are relevant - youre lucky he’s Christian or you’d be considered anti Semite or an islamophobe - Houli is a god botherer as well in that regard

on leaving for money - he’s a professional athlete - he’ll have 50 years of not being a footballer - cash in whileyou can -any other professional would

but you are the filthbag of the century
Only filthbag is Harvey in that story

Harvey had been sledging Geelong star Jimmy Bartel about his estranged father before Scarlett and his teammates returned a verbal barrage that rattled the Saints veteran midfielder.

Surely we have all the support of the brown and gold fraternity? Obviously we are fine to have pies, blues, bombers and eagles fans support the cats.
Good question
Couple of hawks supporters i know are struggling with either.
Obviously don't want Geelong to win but dont want Richmond either as it would mean 3 flags in 4 years and challenging hawks as best team modern era

This game is the worse match up for me.

Tigers and Cats are the teams ( and supporters) I like the least in the comp.

I hope that Dangerfield does one of his obvious soft flops and dives for an obvious non free and kicks the winning goal.

Then Victoria and the media go bananas.

That would be funny.
And more Danger throws too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back