Delisted GM, Football - Dan Richardson - Club confirms, has been sacked, 29/10

Remove this Banner Ad

What i dont get is that i thought as a club we were pushing this 'shape up or ship out' mantra and focusing on improved standards and team-centric approaches which was grinding on senior players.

From all the media intel this was being pushed mostly by Rutten and Richardson and approved by Brasher. What the hell happens then?

Have the senior players used leverage to push back and won out?
Has the clubs favourite child Dodoro gotten sick of Richardson overruling him on list management decisions (Shiel trade, possibly Daniher last year)?
Did Xavier feel threatened that past decisionm making were affecting his influence.

I have no idea about any of the above questions but to sack Richardson now - with all the messaging the club has done re how we will operate moving forward - seems remarkable, and totally in contrast to the fact Richardson and Rutten were the ones pushing this new direction.

In short. I have no idea what the **** is going on anymore.

Well not upset in that we've had far worse news during this period (eg: Saad leaving).
This announcement simply doesn't bother me in the slightest.
Yeah but why? What makes you think it's not a problem?

Can't say i'm surprised or disappointed.

GM of dept that has really underperformed the last 3 years.
Fingerprints on the Shiel & Daniher trade decisions.

chalk one up for Brasher. This is the level of accountability i like to see.
Dodoro surely on thin ice this trade period.

I have no idea if he was good or no good but I am happy to see change for the sake of change. Can't be any worse can it!

What's most shocking is usually these things are orchestrated to say person X has resigned for an opportunity outside of football or something. To clearly say sacked suggests it was messy in some form. I guess we'll find out how the club frames it to get an idea on that.

Timing is interesting and makes me wonder if they have lined up someone like Balme or Lyon and want it all confirmed and done before they go elsewhere.

I agree, but this is really, really awful timing.

What's most shocking is usually these things are orchestrated to say person X has resigned for an opportunity outside of football or something. To clearly say sacked suggests it was messy in some form. I guess we'll find out how the club frames it to get an idea on that.

Timing is interesting and makes me wonder if they have lined up someone like Balme or Lyon and want it all confirmed and done before they go elsewhere.

Yep, there's something in the works for sure.

I would guess that they wanted it to look like the club is actually making moves and Brasher is in control. As we've seen on here, fans want change (though this might not have been the change they've been asked for).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shiel yes . Daniher no.
Daniher decision was all Adrian and the board.
The Shiel trade is not a bust yet.

The simple fact is he and Dodoro do not play well and Adrian has more friends.

Not sure how great this will be. But getting in someone new may not be a bad thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back