Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:

Just on this... I would love to snare Merrett as FA next year BUT * will for sure posture about matching and forcing a trade.

Unless * finish in the bottom 3. Which is a real possibility.

Easy to manipulate this situation, so * don't get a pointy end compo pick, similar to what the Saints did with Crouch

Offer Merrett a 3 year deal on reasonable money, but not enough to trigger band 1, then offer an additional 3 years of triggers

Bombers offering pick 7 for Dunkley.
Dogs only want to deal with future picks given JUH. Dodo struggling to comprehend this.
North Melbourne seem to have a desire to force Jed Anderson out. They haven’t said this, but their contract offer suggests they value him as a 7th round pick.

Far out!!!

Seems like North are “going full Melbourne”.

They’ll be left with Cunnington, Zeibel, Goldy, Tarrant and 35 kids.

Thats 100% the play.

Split the pick.

18 or 19 is fair for Saad.

Say thats our final offer dodo. You ler us know when you want to do the deal.

Eventually he will take it. He needs it to get other things done.

The time constraint pressure will get the better of him.

The sooner we split the pick the better.

Should have done it day 1.

Nah, dragging out splitting the pick clearly lulled Dodo into thinking he was a cert. to get #8.

A lot of his planning around other players would have been based on that assumption.

Now he's in even more of a pickle....

SOS SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY
Grabbing a coffee earlier today in Port Melb (cafe that that Dodoro owns Part owns).

Him and SOS were on the corner table on their laptops, and yes I know that they are friends, but I can now understand SOS‘s pro-Essendon comments.

SOS eyes were darting everywhere; probably knew that during mid-trade period, everyone would be thinking WTF.

Dont know what’s more sad, Dodoro having that much on that he can’t work out deals himself or that SOS is happy to help the scum drive a hard deal for Saad, and make Austin look bad because he is pissed off about his exit with Carlton.

Grew up idolising SOS, but it just made me sick what it’s come to!

Ive been critical of some of SOS's comments of late, but cmon mate...SOS and Dodo have been great mates for years. Footy is their job, solid friendships are personal and will always be stronger than the colours they are individually representing.

Essendon really should be the ones who trade with Brisbane for their 2 late 1sts.
Give one back to us for Pick 8
Give the other to GWS for Caldwell
It wouldn't work out as well for us. We'd need to include our second rounder with pick 8 to Essendon.

Would probably only need to add a token late pick if we dealt direct with Lions.

Can anyone get the Zee call up in here ?

That would be great but I searched soon after everyone started talking about it and the live TR stream doesn’t allow to rewind back time. It would have been very easy to find and have a listen to it if we could.

If it gets to that stage the AFL will caution * to not draft Saad. It opens the door to restraint of trade litigation. Remember Saad will be uncontracted if he enters the draft and has attempted to leave *. Any other club, sure, its possible for him to get drafted there.
Absolutely. The AFL would s**t themselves if a restraint of trade case was tested in the courts. The guy is uncontracted and as such has the right to choose his employer.

They need to trade out before trading in, unless they use a future 1st for Caldwell (with something coming back). If they did that, they still need to take 6 and 7 to the draft, unless they gain another future 1st

Think the Dunkley nomination is premature
Yeah same here I just can’t see it getting done given Essenscums need to use 2 firsts in the draft in the next 2 years, add that to the fact the Dogs aren’t really interested and that Dunkley is contracted and it’s a bridge to far especially if they are counting on us, Port and GWS bending over for them. Good luck Butt Plugoro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know there is talk of a future 1st for Saad, but I still think that is overs.
I like that it backs us in to finish high on the ladder and make the pick 10+, but it could just as easily be another injury-riddled year where we underperform and finish out of the 8.
The uncertainty of the U18s this year will make next year’s draft an extremely strong crop - are we sure we want to give away our 1st rounder so cheaply?

Ive been critical of some of SOS's comments of late, but cmon mate...SOS and Dodo have been great mates for years. Footy is their job, solid friendships are personal and will always be stronger than the colours they are individually representing.

Yeap

I have a strong relationship with an opposition player and his family.

That doesn't sway your allegiance or a reasonable opinion

Whatever SOS is sharing with other current recruiters now, has no influence on the decision making of Austin

Wouldn't Saad be better (safer) to get to us via the national draft? I mean it would be ideal if it were the PSD but not sure other clubs would leave him alone in that.

Penny hasn't dropped for Essendon here or perhaps it has but they are waiting on other deals.

No one is going to take Saad in the National draft at a pick better than 8 but I bet we would honour our agreement and take him with pick 8. That's how Essendon are staring down a barrel at losing him for nothing.

I think it's not about Carlton coming up for a deal to make Saad happen at all. One way or another we will get him. This is all about Essendon not losing him for nothing. Not sure why the penny hasn't dropped here for Dodero and those of the media but it's us who holds all the cards here.

Pick 8 and a sweetener or we split pick 8 and give one of those later first rounders to Essendon and keep one ourselves.

Surely Essendon are aware of this.

Also it's not a good thing to go into next year without a first round pick, not if we want to get a top level player to the club. Zero chance of getting someone like Oliver if we haven't got a first rounder next year.

I know there is talk of a future 1st for Saad, but I still think that is overs.
I like that it backs us in to finish high on the ladder and make the pick 10+, but it could just as easily be another injury-riddled year where we underperform and finish out of the 8.
The uncertainty of the U18s this year will make next year’s draft an extremely strong crop - are we sure we want to give away our 1st rounder so cheaply?
Can’t see us trading our future 1st unless it was for an Oliver type. It’s been rumoured for months we don’t rate this years draft and next years draft picks are highly valuable

Trade Radio Friday Update

Sorry minimal update today... Stupid work got in the way again, inconsiderate Clients :tongueoutv1:
From what I heard..

I've now had enough off SOS's Pro Essendon bullshit.. Pulled the trigger and he is now traded out...
Essendon> SOS
Carlton> Lloyd

SOS

• One of our very own called in and put SOS in his place... It was an awesome call zeeCFC :thumbsupv1:
  • Caller just called in from Maryborough must have had a few cones... Suggested we trade Pick 8 to Brisbane for 18 & 19 :thumbsupv1: . Then trade Pick 18 and Dow for Saad and Pick 19 and LOB to Collingwood for Treloar :sadv1:
  • SOS - Agreed that the Pick 18 and Dow is fair for Saad 🤕
  • Randell - Said "we have no money for Treloar" would love for an ITK to verify if we still have salary cap left and if Oliver is still in play?
Hope SOS's Essendon bias doesn't effect Jack's place at the club... Doubt it would...
Would think the club would put there arms around Jack and support him...

Last edited:
Easy to manipulate this situation, so * don't get a pointy end compo pick, similar to what the Saints did with Crouch

Offer Merrett a 3 year deal on reasonable money, but not enough to trigger band 1, then offer an additional 3 years of triggers

Zero chance * don't match if they are looking at round 2 compo....

You can sum up a character of a man by the company he keeps

"Judge a man by the company he keeps" .... good saying in this instance.
One of my best mates is Romanian.

When we were younger his mother told me a saying they used to have back home.. "tell me who your friends are and I will tell you who you are"

That saying has always stuck with me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back