Roast Vent Here

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
fLaG hErO - Dayne Beams

F**k the double standards, he and Jack Steven were completely protected, meanwhile Bennell was buried by the media. I'm not defending Benell, bloke is a trouble maker, but to protect these di**heads ans bury another player always grinds my gears

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Jeez Johnno and Crowley were unpopular.

This is just over two years from us playing in a GF.
Can see why Freo sacked Harvey. Ain’t no way was he going to continue with the crap he put up.
80 points vs Collingwood. Yeah the writing was there

heypenny

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2006
London
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's funny how we were seeing similar things at the end of Harvey's tenure that were with Lyon's - winning the contested ball and clearances but couldn't score goals (and generally s*^t overall).

I think it's a reminder that once the team matures and improves, the goals and scoring efficiency will come.

For anyone who has free time, you can find the final quarter of the match vs North Melbourne in 2012 on youtube. We were without Pav, yet kicked 6-7 goals in the space of about 5 mins. Suban, Hill, Muzz, Ballas, Mayne all hitting the scoreboard.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
I don’t remember MJ having any bad games no matter who was coaching.

Same. Of the games when Harvey was coaching, I might be able to recall MJ being beaten by an opponent once or twice (don't think he could deal that well with Barry Hall) but remember him better as one the players who would give a supporter a bit of pride in performance even when we were copping a belting.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
I remember the game against the bulldogs in late 2011 MJ had a shocker and was criticised by the commentators for looking a little “pudgy”.
he turned himself around after that.

That was our last game of the season. The following week from those vents after the Collingwood game.

Pretty sure it was only Luke Darcy commenting on how MJ looked in a white jumper. I think it was Silvagni that played on Hall but late in the match he was injured and Johnson had to go back. Hall kicked a few late goals to blow out the margin.

Hall was playing his last game and without much requirement for him to restrain his volatile unpredictable ways.

Stats say Michael Johnson got 30 disposals and 2 Brownlow votes.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
It's funny how we were seeing similar things at the end of Harvey's tenure that were with Lyon's - winning the contested ball and clearances but couldn't score goals (and generally s*^t overall).

I think it's a reminder that once the team matures and improves, the goals and scoring efficiency will come.

For anyone who has free time, you can find the final quarter of the match vs North Melbourne in 2012 on youtube. We were without Pav, yet kicked 6-7 goals in the space of about 5 mins. Suban, Hill, Muzz, Ballas, Mayne all hitting the scoreboard.
Holy moly. Love that game. Just all gelled together. 6 goals I think in 5 minutes. Ross had players in their natural positions.
Pity we never got the success the team underachieved.
Mcphee in 2013. Would’ve been perfect.

Purpletown

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
Restumping
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos

That scoring spree against North Melbourne was some very efficient football. We scored quite a few goals with North hardly touching the ball and our posessions per goal were extremely low, unlike some other Freo games where you wonder where the next goal will come from.

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
What is it about North Melbourne? Apart from that game, there was the absolute massacre last year followed closely by this year's flogging.

They really are becoming our bunnies.

Back