Health Depression

Remove this Banner Ad

100% agree with your work comment, I have my dream job , I love going to work and do what I do and I work with people who love it as well. I’ve told my kids they need to find what they enjoy and do it. If I didn’t have the job I do and the support of my wife because of the issues I’ve had in the last 18 months I don’t think I’d be here to talk to you lot. There would be nothing worse than being depressed and then having to fight through a working day 5 times a week. I realise not everyone can find their dream job and even if you can’t you still need to find a hobby or past time you enjoy do you get a taste of what happiness is again. This is why I paint it also gives me pleasure to see people enjoy my work and a sense of achievement.

May I ask what do you do??

And thats awesome, really glad to hear it.

Oh yeah singles can do what they want. I love going on holidays alone.

Actually I've stopped going on holidays- like Gold Coast, etc. For several years now. Just fed up and had enough of it.
Yeah but even if you do find someone you have to
Match up times off
Find somewhere to go
Find something a schedule you both like
Then organise
Or jump on a plane. Holidays alone rock. Sure gets lonely but no diff in Melbourne.
Single is interesting. In some ways the loneliness guts you but I've had enough of people interfering in my life. Still till this day. It's infuriating. I won't go into it but tampering with my stuff. I'm gun shy have too many issues and problems and baggage and can't be arsed going through the dating process.
Life is hard ATM. Sick of having it added to

May I ask what do you do??

And thats awesome, really glad to hear it.
I grow Australian native plants , I left an IT job 10 years ago , studied horticulture and managed to score this job 9 years ago. I keep telling my kids you don’t need to have your life mapped out, just do what you enjoy, study what you’re interested in and see what happens. So much pressure is put on young people to have their life figured out at 17/18 years of age.

I grow Australian native plants , I left an IT job 10 years ago , studied horticulture and managed to score this job 9 years ago. I keep telling my kids you don’t need to have your life mapped out, just do what you enjoy, study what you’re interested in and see what happens. So much pressure is put on young people to have their life figured out at 17/18 years of age.

Ive always loved crime- any true crime ican discuss until the cows come home. Maybe i should do something there...

And... just saying- you can dump kids onto grandparents and or close mates and or babysitters should you wish.

Its kinda hard to like "rent a person" to go away with. So yeah harder to negate loneliness than obtain freedom, is what im trying to say??? In general... i am no way trying to say having kids is a walk in the park!! Not at all.

Lol, that easy is it?

Ive always loved crime- any true crime ican discuss until the cows come home. Maybe i should do something there...
Why not, forensic science would be super cool course to learn or something similar. Be a cold case detective, write a book on unsolved murders, the list is endless when you use your imagination as to what you can do with your interests.

I get it. Being single really gets to you after a while. I always feel like something is missing.
Not so much gets to you but I get it. It stings. Something about rejection hurts even when you get older. And although you stop giving the slightest you know what what others think it does hurt. People want to feel accepted and loved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not, forensic science would be super cool course to learn or something similar. Be a cold case detective, write a book on unsolved murders, the list is endless when you use your imagination as to what you can do with your interests.

I would love, to write a true crime book.

I'd start with my favourite- Bayley. His crimes pre-Meagher need to be brought to light. What he got away with time and time again was a disgrace.

I'm too far gone. I've gained too much weight with the anti D's my stomach feels like concrete. I'm lonely but can't relate to people so will be alone forever but at the same time am sick of arguing with idiots
Sick of being something I'm not and sick of trying to fit in.
I need to get off the pills.
And call time on people who stuff me round.
Just tired of life ATM. I thought summer and time off would be good bit just low

I'm too far gone. I've gained too much weight with the anti D's my stomach feels like concrete. I'm lonely but can't relate to people so will be alone forever but at the same time am sick of arguing with idiots
Sick of being something I'm not and sick of trying to fit in.
I need to get off the pills.
And call time on people who stuff me round.
Just tired of life ATM. I thought summer and time off would be good bit just low

Mate, put it on Fox footy right now, 504. The 90 Grand Final, this makes me feel better

Last 7 days (for the first time in my life) I've felt uncontrollable bouts of depression. I've had a couple good days here and there (over New Years). This is all new to me as someone who has always been fairly happy. I'm hoping it's just a phase and it passes, but it is definitely worrying me and I'm getting anxious about it. I think it may be extended loneliness brought on via the lockdown, or it could be the side effects of a shitty 2020. I'm not too sure at the moment. Physically I'm the healthiest I've ever been, in the best shape of my life. I'm on holidays from work right now so maybe too much downtime. Maybe need to slow down on the drinking too and go through a bit of a detox.

Last 7 days (for the first time in my life) I've felt uncontrollable bouts of depression. I've had a couple good days here and there (over New Years). This is all new to me as someone who has always been fairly happy. I'm hoping it's just a phase and it passes, but it is definitely worrying me and I'm getting anxious about it. I think it may be extended loneliness brought on via the lockdown, or it could be the side effects of a shitty 2020. I'm not too sure at the moment. Physically I'm the healthiest I've ever been, in the best shape of my life. I'm on holidays from work right now so maybe too much downtime. Maybe need to slow down on the drinking too and go through a bit of a detox.

I went thru it maybe up to 5 times on and off where I could "mask" it easily and not ask for help or get help. Or feel I did not need help.

Idk, you know you best. Do what is right for you.

I’m in almost the exact same place as you and there’s probably a lot more out there in the same position.

I’m looking forward to getting back to work, as I find it provides a nice distraction.

I’m in almost the exact same place as you and there’s probably a lot more out there in the same position.

I’m looking forward to getting back to work, as I find it provides a nice distraction.

Yeah mate it has me genuinely baffled. As things are going pretty well for me in life right now, but depression doesn't discriminate. I'm also looking forward to going back to work but I dont go back for another 23 days. Not sure if it'll help either.

Why do you reckon there are heaps of others out there in the same situation? Do you reckon its a post lockdown side affect?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back