2021 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Stand outs -
lincoln McCarthy seemed to play onball a fair bit and was brilliant, got a lot of the ball, might have kicked 2.
Zac Bailey and Linc, linked up really well through the centre and Zac set up a couple of Daniher goals early.
AhChee was another one that really stood out, played a bit of time on the wing as well got a ton of the ball and was Finding space.
Matho was 1 of the stand out mids got a heap of the ball and bringing the blokes mentioned above into the game with sharp handballs.
Rich’s kicking is sublime even in windy conditions.
Daniher and McStay worked really well together kicking 4 and 3 respectively.
Daniher gave Harris a workover that is for sure. Looks as though he is moving really well.
Blake Coleman looked lively kicking a couple.
Kiddy appeared to play in defence.
Oscar was really good in the ragainst Archie particularly early.

Cockatoo was a little underwhelming playing in defence for the yellow team.
Went off with about 5 mins to go with what appeared to be a leg issue, come up a bit proppy (May have been a cramp)?

Clugga was on the yellow team and was also underwhelming.

Berry senior did the training before hand but didn’t play the scratchy instead just running laps.
Zorko, Payne, Answerth and Henry Smith didn’t play in the scratchy but were running laps during the game.

Mitch Robbo was running laps earlier but didn’t take part in any of the training.

Lachie Neale was there but basically did none of the training.
Had a bit of a kick with Zorko’s son, but that was all I seen him do.

There was a big collision late between T Berry and Cal AhChee and both stayed down for a bit.

Archie also went off with a shoulder injury which could be quite serious. Stayed down for quite a bit and they stopped the play for a bit.

Bloody good turn out, it’s always hard to tell but I reckon there must have been about 5-600 people getting around.

Last edited:
I got there at half time and don't think I have the nous to add much to the great commentary already up, but I was really impressed with what I saw from Blake Coleman. Body doesn't look to be in first grade condition at this stage but he reads plays really well and knows exactly how to get into space. Was also really impressed by how much of an impact linc had playing mid, when he was there he was the stand out midfielder along with bailey to my eye.

Dev seemed quiet but started to do some nice things and get his hand to ball a bit more towards the end. Probably towards the middle of the pack for mids though I noticed him more than cey for example.

Did anyone else notice Charlie playing back and killing it for a five minute stretch?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got there at half time and don't think I have the nous to add much to the great commentary already up, but I was really impressed with what I saw from Blake Coleman. Body doesn't look to be in first grade condition at this stage but he reads plays really well and knows exactly how to get into space. Was also really impressed by how much of an impact linc had playing mid, when he was there he was the stand out midfielder along with bailey to my eye.

Dev seemed quiet but started to do some nice things and get his hand to ball a bit more towards the end. Probably towards the middle of the pack for mids though I noticed him more than cey for example.

Did anyone else notice Charlie playing back and killing it for a five minute stretch?
Charlie appeared to be playing all over the park, very rarely forward.
But the ball rarely got forward for the yellow team.

I agree Linc was the standout for me, played mid for a good part of the game, speed, smarts, got forward and kicked goals, he was great.

Glad to hear Daniher and McStay worked so well together. Did they have a third tall forward playing alongside them? I imagine round 1 we'll line up with those two and Hipwood as our tall forwards with McStay as the 3rd but curious if today gave viewers a glimpse how that three pronged attack would work.

Glad to hear Daniher and McStay worked so well together. Did they have a third tall forward playing alongside them? I imagine round 1 we'll line up with those two and Hipwood as our tall forwards with McStay as the 3rd but curious if today gave viewers a glimpse how that three pronged attack would work.
The other end lined up initially with Hippy, Fullarton and Ballenden but the ball wasn’t done there much.

Just Daniher and McStay at the other and small around them.

The other end lined up initially with Hippy, Fullarton and Ballenden but the ball wasn’t done there much.

Just Daniher and McStay at the other and small around them.

Was McStay getting up the ground or were they both spending more time closer to goal?

Disappointed with Adams keeping Eric quiet.

Heard from a pretty reliable source this morning that Eric has been flying in pre-season training.

Flying!!!

Edit: tbf In the season proper - Adams may struggle to contain Eric floating up to the wing & clunking grab after grab :D

Disappointed with Adams keeping Eric quiet.

Heard from a pretty reliable source this morning that Eric has been flying in pre-season training.

Flying!!!

Edit: tbf In the season proper - Adams may struggle to contain Eric floating up to the wing & clunking grab after grab :D

Why disappointed? Marcus may have just done a terrific job. Not sure why that would be disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I see Cockatoo more as a midfielder but they might start him at the back to ease him into it. Longer term if he stays in the side it would not surprise me for him to split midfield / wing time with Bailey. Bailey works well in the backline as well and those two could most easily move between the two positions.

That's the plan. But I have a feeling he will be too good to not play HB by end of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back