Preview 2021 Internal Trial: Crow v Crow, 20/2/21 10.30am ACDT

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think HFF is his spot. Can provide defensive pressure and has proven a pretty reliable shot for goal.
This seems like a smart post with hindsight.

Let's have a crack at round 1..

Brown Talia ??
McPherson McAsey Sholl
Smith Crouch Milera
Lynch Walker McAdam
Rowe Himmelburg Fogarty
O'Brien Laird Sloane
Pedlar Hately Jones Schoenberg

That last defence spot if Doedee unavailable is hard to pick. Kelly might be in luck.
Lynch, Himmelburg, Sloane and Smith aren't automatic locks.

Berry, McHenry, Thilthorpe, Hamill, Butts, Worrell, Davis stiff.
Borlase and Newchurch obvious talents.
Strachan, Mackay, Murphy, Seedsman, Frampton senior depth if injuries.

Whilst this is somewhat a good thing, a balanced list, I still can't see who our next truly elite two to three players are going to be.

ROB is one.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Milera with a decent run without injury perhaps.

How many players can we use next week against Powa? Is there a limit of sorts?
Probably, but since it's not an "official" AFL PS game I'm sure we'll come to an agreement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah like the commentary. Actually talking football with less unnecessary play by play. How it should be.
Play-by-play is actually quite helpful in an internal trial, where many viewers will never have seen half the players on the field.

Brown Talia ??
McPherson McAsey Sholl
Smith Crouch Milera
Lynch Walker McAdam
Rowe Himmelburg Fogarty
O'Brien Laird Sloane

That last defence spot if Doedee unavailable is hard to pick. Kelly might be in luck.

Worrall

Still think Jones makes it as a mid, won’t ever be an accumulator and we have enough of those type anyway, if he can lift his output to around 18-20 touches and a goal a game he can become an important part of the midfield going forward.
Yep, a mid with breakaway speed and acceleration like few others of our midfield mix.

Pedlar, Berry, Newchurch most interesting to me. Didn't see a lot of the 1st half and will watch the replay. I've said before that Newchurch may prove to be the standout of the draft.
Billy Frampton looked a class above his form from last year. Maybe he needed 12 months to get the filth off him. Davis showing good signs. Delivery into the forward line was better than the last few years. Good to see Tex get on the end of a few.
Lots of positives to take out of today. See how we go next week.

Brown Talia ??
McPherson McAsey Sholl
Smith Crouch Milera
Lynch Walker McAdam
Rowe Himmelburg Fogarty
O'Brien Laird Sloane

Borlase could slot into that backline

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Still think Jones makes it as a mid, won’t ever be an accumulator and we have enough of those type anyway, if he can lift his output to around 18-20 touches and a goal a game he can become an important part of the midfield going forward.
Yep, don’t ever see him being an accumulator, but we don’t need more of those types. He has class and good positioning forward of the contest and can have bursts through the middle, which he’s shown he’s more than capable at. Good signs today.

What can we take out of today?
Not much really. Next couple of weeks against actual oppositions will be more telling.

Walker, Smith, Keays, Hately, Lynch were the best probably on sheer weight of numbers.
OBrien looks to be starting slowly again, can't have another slow start to the year with our mids getting killed again so he needs to get a wriggle on. That said I reckon Strachan is actually a pretty good tap ruckman.

Lots of good signs from draftees. From the yet-to-debut's it was a close contest between all of Worrell, Berry, Rowe and Pedlar. Thought Tilthorpe a bit back behind those guys, Newchurch and Borlase further back again. Also Murray and Taylor showed signs.

Our ball movement looked a fast style. The odd shepherd and useful block was a good sign too, still not enough of that though. I liked that we kept it moving a lot too, keeps the opposition setup moving and unsettled. Still our defense is always my worry and I need to see that from elevated cameras against a good oppo to start to get an idea. Disposal was a bit off early. We look to be a bit quicker all over the field too.

Anyway, glad they streamed it. Will be interested to look on to see who goes well across the year versus what they showed in this game to see how much we can take away from it.

Back