Universal Love David Teague

Remove this Banner Ad

Could just lose us Cripps next season in what would be a disaster for the club. Honestly though who is blaming Patty for wanting out?

Have a real hard think about this without being to judgemental. The pace at which the opening rounds have been played .... is Cripps as vital as you think?

When we lose the ball on half back most of the time you can almost bank an opposition forward 50 entry.

Our clearances work is all at sea.

Our players seem to be under some sort of instruction to zone off direct opponents at all times.

Big question marks around this coaching panel

Been saying this for 2 seasons now ... our midfield set ups are mind boggling. The backs are forced up the ground to cover the positional shortfall, which leaves us HUGELY susceptible to turn overs and massive space inside D50 ....

Pagan the great hope ... unlucky but sacked

Ratten turns the club around (Judd helped) .... sacked after one bad year

MM absolute disaster ...letting Betts go effectively for Thomas

Bolton might be a good no.2 under Vlarkson but totally out of his depth as a coach ... survived longer than he should because of the MM disaster

Teague ...gets the team scoring again ... unfortunately team going backwards

Fair to say that he should be feeling some pressure on what’s going on, but he will have the whole season to get a result. Top 10 and a close finals miss and he will be fine. Another 12th or so plus finish and... it could be an interesting situation.

Fair to say that he should be feeling some pressure on what’s going on, but he will have the whole season to get a result. Top 10 and a close finals miss and he will be fine. Another 12th or so plus finish and... it could be an interesting situation.

Drums are beating ........

Drums are beating ........

maybe but way too early for that. Tonight was as poor as you’d want to see.Next week would be unforgivable. But nevertheless we just don’t have the killer desire to win games. We win on hope rather than taking no prisoners like the good teams do.Where’s the ticker?

Sorry but can’t agree…. A close finals miss is not acceptable. The time is now.

Not sure that universal love label is still appropriate...

Get the man an assistant that has some tactical nous ffs. The last time we showed any real promise was when Neil Craig was in there helping Bolton. Get someone else in a similar role. Give the bloke a chance with some higher quality help than barker.

I can’t say it enough but we bloody need some decent assistance. He is being let down badly by the line coaches but also I’m shocked he didn’t pull the trigger on about 3 of his assistance over summer. I’d like to know how our midfield/clearance, forward and midfield/forward connection coach still have jobs!!!

Pagan the great hope ... unlucky but sacked

Ratten turns the club around (Judd helped) .... sacked after one bad year

MM absolute disaster ...letting Betts go effectively for Thomas

Bolton might be a good no.2 under Vlarkson but totally out of his depth as a coach ... survived longer than he should because of the MM disaster

Teague ...gets the team scoring again ... unfortunately team going backwards

Rattan had horrific injuries to the list the year he was sacked.

Got a bad feeling about it, another really nice guy but I dunno...

yep ... nice guy ... but from the outside does not appear to set non-negotiable standards ...

& how every other coach in the league knows to play through Plowman and we keep playing him ... IDK

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a bad feeling about it, another really nice guy but I dunno...

But our players didn't respond well to teague yelling at them .... think about that for a moment ... then watch a game. The hardest players we have (apart from walsh) are established players we have bought in ......

Teague is in the nice new guy phase who wants to be across everything. Rats admits he got that wrong and is better for it. Bee ridge has done some unusual things as a coach but he is uncompromising and won a flag.

I’d like to see a bit of prepared to take a selection risk, success or failure. Show you are prepared to be a risk taker and provide an opportunity for growth. That’s the definition of a growth mindset, not standing pat and doing the same things over and over and expecting or hoping for a different result. I’m still on the Teague train but, only if he shows some growth of his own, not just wait for it to happen in his players.

I said at the time of his appointment that there was no need to give a three year contract. Two years would provide plenty of opportunity to figure out if he was the right fit. I'm not calling for him to be sacked but if this year goes down the toilet, you would like to think we'd have the flexibility to not have to sack yet another coach with a year to run on their contract. Just throwing away money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back