Universal Love David Teague

Remove this Banner Ad

Quality discussion re our midfield. Love his guts, but the club needs to move past E. Curnow if we want to correct the balance.
I was of that opinion until about round 8. Then I realised how important and influencial he was to our team. He’s been one of our best players this year.
Until his output drops I can’t see him moving on. Think he will finish top 5 in our best and fairest.

Quality discussion re our midfield. Love his guts, but the club needs to move past E. Curnow if we want to correct the balance.

I tend to agree but Curnow is criminally underrated.
You could mount a case that he was our 2nd best mid this year.

He would be very difficult to replace considering the output and what he does for the team (defensive work, in and under etc).
Someone would really need to setup (especially defensively) for us to push him out or reduce his workload

I was of that opinion until about round 8. Then I realised how important and influencial he was to our team. He’s been one of our best players this year.
Until his output drops I can’t see him moving on. Think he will finish top 5 in our best and fairest.
I tend to agree but Curnow is criminally underrated.
You could mount a case that he was our 2nd best mid this year.

He would be very difficult to replace considering the output and what he does for the team (defensive work, in and under etc).
Someone would really need to setup (especially defensively) for us to push him out or reduce his workload

Agreed on all points. The ideal would be what Freo have been able to do, where their midfield vets rotate between the centre and forward line - somewhere between the Bolton and Teague approaches.

Incorrect.

Footy classified had a graphic up about 5 weeks ago Murphy attended the 4th most centre bounces. Cripps & Curnow 80%+ Setterfield 76% and next is Murphy at 42%. Jack Martin 5th 26%.
That's (this image) over the first eleven rounds, nic negropontis was also following centre bounce attendances and noted Murph played in the centre first game and a half and then was totally taken out, Murph only attends centre bounces in the last quarter if at all throughout the season Screenshot_2020-09-22-10-51-19-12_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpeg

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's (this image) over the first eleven rounds, nic negropontis was also following centre bounce attendances and noted Murph played in the centre first game and a half and then was totally taken out, Murph only attends centre bounces in the last quarter if at all throughout the seasonView attachment 967690

I'd take the Footy Class stats which are taken off Champion Data personally. I did see the ones you posted but considering Kennedy played 5 games out of the first 11 rounds (we had a bye round 10 from memory) can't see how these are accurate.

I'd take the Footy Class stats which are taken off Champion Data personally. I did see the ones you posted but considering Kennedy played 5 games out of the first 11 rounds (we had a bye round 10 from memory) can't see how these are accurate.
It's how much they attended per game as opposed to over the season, so a player simply playing every game won't be benefited over someone who missed half the season, but yes

Murphy hardly attended any centre bounces all year. If anything Walsh moving out of the centre meant setterfield played more midfield time

Incorrect.

Footy classified had a graphic up about 5 weeks ago Murphy attended the 4th most centre bounces. Cripps & Curnow 80%+ Setterfield 76% and next is Murphy at 42%. Jack Martin 5th 26%.

Totals as at the conclusion of R17 - will update when R18 CBA stats become available.

1600748333340.png

Hopefully next year Teague plays Cripps the way Hardwick plays Dusty, forward.
Smart use to get him into a game when he's being beaten.
Great one on one and when the ball hits the deck.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Cripps spent plenty of time forward, he just can't finish in front of goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id love it, but there is no way I see it happening if we are playing 3 talls forwards. I’d love to trade out Gov and allow Cripps or Setters to play forward consistently. I think it allows for more flexibility and a better strategy,

When Cripps goes forward Gov, or Charlie, up to a wing (whoever needs to get their hands on the ball more).

Starting to question whether he is right for the job.

Too slow to react a lot of the time, questionable starting positions, why put Setterfield on the wing??

Seems completely ambivalent to giving the players a spray and laying down the law. You can be in the middle David you don't have to hold hands and sing kumbaya or be Mr. angry.

He'll play out the season for sure, miss finals and have a poor W/L and drums will beat next year, I'd be shocked if we got rid of him at end of season.

Questions need to be asked certainly as we are allowing opponents to score to easily.

Every week we seem to be beaten in the coaching box and at the selection table.

I am am in no way sold on Teague right now.

Questions need to be asked certainly as we are allowing opponents to score to easily.

Every week we seem to be beaten in the coaching box and at the selection table.

I am am in no way sold on Teague right now.

A fair few of us aren't.

A fair few of us aren't.
Could just lose us Cripps next season in what would be a disaster for the club. Honestly though who is blaming Patty for wanting out?

Gave us that new coach push when he got the job from Bolts.

Started poorly last year before we got a few nice wins.

Now is in a hole that we have shown no ability to get out of.

My big question is.... When was the last time we clearly played with passion for the guernsey?

They don't look motivated to perform.

What the * went wrong after the North Melbourne game last year? How much of that was coaching?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back