Autopsy Rd 2 Blues suffer bitterly disappointing loss to arch rival

Who played well for Carlton in Round 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it's true some of those entries couldn't be stopped, hence the reason I pointed out the sh*t defensive pressure from the midfield.

Definitely coaching staff to blame too, but at the same time Plow has to take some accountability too. He needs to use his voice and direct, he needs to keep his feet in the goal square instead of getting pushed over so easily and he needs to be better at marking his opponent so he can't create space and easy leads to run into.

Yip, little of column A and column B ...

So as a coaching group, knowing that that would try to one out Plow .... what should have happened say after ... I dunno 4 goals was kicked on you instead of 8?

If one of your charges is getting comprehensively flogged ... what SHOULD happen?

Those plays can be viewed a thousand ways. It started with Walsh doing the most basic of skill errors (the biggest killer in the whole play) then also didn’t show the part where Curnow got up tackled/pressured the Collingwood player freeing the ball for Walsh to smash it forward.
Yes each contest and subsequently the game can be viewed differently. It is why I presume there is not simply one post in every thread with 1000 likes.

Yeah it's true some of those entries couldn't be stopped, hence the reason I pointed out the sh*t defensive pressure from the midfield.

Definitely coaching staff to blame too, but at the same time Plow has to take some accountability too. He needs to use his voice and direct, he needs to keep his feet in the goal square instead of getting pushed over so easily and he needs to be better at marking his opponent so he can't create space and easy leads to run into.
At least trying to play in front would have meant a longer kick in the air over the top, hopefully bringing Jones or weiters into the game. Starting behind super fast players with acres of space wasn't a very good game plan. Then again, I don't think Lachie has ever been accused of being a footballing genius.

At least trying to play in front would have meant a longer kick in the air over the top, hopefully bringing Jones or weiters into the game. Starting behind super fast players with acres of space wasn't a very good game plan. Then again, I don't think Lachie has ever been accused of being a footballing genius.

Agreed, so where was the "Oi Plow you campaigner, you are getting bent over and reamed here mate, next quarter I want you to play in front, but I want you to feel his body at all times ... talk?"

"Oi Doc ... watch out for his flank as the oppo team is targeting that leading channel, don't zone off to far if we lose the stoppage ......"?

playing in front of a forward, unheard of.
The commentators are saying all time "you need to be goal side" of your forward opponent.

playing in front of a forward, unheard of.
The commentators are saying all time "you need to be goal side" of your forward opponent.

Lol ... I really hope that was tongue firmly planted in cheek......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes each contest and subsequently the game can be viewed differently. It is why I presume there is not simply one post in every thread with 1000 likes.
Absolutely but I’m just not sure why you left Ed’s pressure act out which was as big as any part of that play. Kept us in the hunt to win that ball as much any other.

Setterfield and Dow must be dropped after those performances.

I know Setters has runs on the board and Dow desperately needs an extended stint in the 1's, but we cannot overlook performances like that.

If Kennedy and Stocker performed well enough in the 2's again this week, get them in.

It's time to draw the line in the sand.

Setterfield and Dow must be dropped after those performances.

I know Setters has runs on the board and Dow desperately needs an extended stint in the 1's, but we cannot overlook performances like that.

If Kennedy and Stocker performed well enough in the 2's again this week, get them in.

It's time to draw the line in the sand.
No 2's game...so it's out of form for no form.

Agreed, so where was the "Oi Plow you campaigner, you are getting bent over and reamed here mate, next quarter I want you to play in front, but I want you to feel his body at all times ... talk?"

"Oi Doc ... watch out for his flank as the oppo team is targeting that leading channel, don't zone off to far if we lose the stoppage ......"?
Zero on field leadership.

Zero on field leadership.

Simmo was the leader down back, I was hoping Weiterbot would jump straight in, but it "appears" not to have happened.

Is it too late to sign Kade Simpson for 2021?

Took a good look at the game today. The negativity about SPs was absolutely ridiculous and unfounded. Played a good game. He’s fast become an unfairly maligned player.

Plowman was really bad. Like really really bad.

Cripps is not moving well at all. I hate to say it but the ankle scan he had preseason is worrying me. Either that or suggestions of OP could be on the mark. Many are citing the new game style BUT he was the best centre square clearance player in the Como by a mile and he just can’t get near it. 3 for him out of 29 for the game is just not right. That has nothing to do with the man on the mark. It may have a bit to do with Pitto who is really not the guy for the job.

Overall I actually think we played ok, Plowman aside. I wouldn’t go forward wholesale changes.

Back