Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Deadbacks were still in Brisbane yesterday for a one-dayer (got flogged again!), so I wonder if they were able to travel back to Adelaide afterwards. If/when they do they'll have to quarantine for 14 days, so that may postpone their next fixtures/floggings.
LOL - arent they the worst SA sporting side? I spose we have the 36ers too who are stinking it up big time

"Thursday night’s blockbuster between Brisbane and Collingwood has been moved from Queensland after parts of the state were forced into a lockdown. ...

Under Collingwood’s plan – the Lions would visit Marvel on Thursday and the Magpies would fly to the Gabba in Round 22."

One of the strange things about the Australian COVID figures is there are currently 77 hospitalisations in Australia and of those 71 are in Queensland. Is Queensland just unlucky or do they transfer all positive cases in quarantine to a hospital? New South Wales, which takes three times as many returning Aussies as Queensland has only 4 people in hospital. Maybe Queensland is taking more people from badly affected parts of Europe such as Italy, France and Germany?

They are medevacs from Papua New Guinea where covid is out of control and hospitals are overwhelmed.

SA will close its borders to Greater Brisbane as that city goes into a snap lockdown over four community transmission cases recorded there overnight.
SA has declared the Greater Brisbane area a COVID hotspot and will impose a hard-border shutdown from 4pm today.
Only SA residents, essential workers and people relocating to SA will be allowed in and must isolate for 14 days.

SA will close its borders to Greater Brisbane as that city goes into a snap lockdown over four community transmission cases recorded there overnight.
SA has declared the Greater Brisbane area a COVID hotspot and will impose a hard-border shutdown from 4pm today.
Only SA residents, essential workers and people relocating to SA will be allowed in and must isolate for 14 days.

Wonder if that affects GC vs. Adelaide.

So how is that going to affect the Crows v Suns game? Is the SA Government going to assume that none of the Suns players or officials has visited greater Brisbane in the past two weeks or will they be given essential worker status?

Here we go...

The hard border will affect the AFL match between the Adelaide Crows and Gold Coast – AFL players are not classified as essential workers and won’t be allowed into the state.
SA Health says football players are not currently classed as essential workers. So those GC players who have been Greater Brisbane in the past week will not be allowed.

Interesting.

So much coverage on Brisbane v Collingwood, but seems nobody in the footy media has recognised Crows v Gold Coast could be in trouble if several GC players have been to Greater Brisbane recently.

Close the international borders for goodness sake. Give an amnesty to everyone overseas, you've got two weeks to return - we will help you get back just ******* fund it you government campaigners, actually use my taxes for something good for once. Once you are in, you can't leave until we decide to open the borders again.

Can we please just end this s**t, we have the power do to do it but we screw around with hotel quarantine and returned travelers which ends in this garbage. Pathetically weak leadership.

We're one of the most isolated countries on earth and we still manage to * up that immense advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Close the international borders for goodness sake. Give an amnesty to everyone overseas, you've got two weeks to return - we will help you get back just ******* fund it you government campaigners, actually use my taxes for something good for once. Once you are in, you can't leave until we decide to open the borders again.

Can we please just end this sh*t, we have the power do to do it but we screw around with hotel quarantine and returned travelers which ends in this garbage. Pathetically weak leadership.

We're one of the most isolated countries on earth and we still manage to fu** up that immense advantage.

They are too busy looking for skeletons in each others closets to give a fk about the rest of us.

So much coverage on Brisbane v Collingwood, but seems nobody in the footy media has recognised Crows v Gold Coast could be in trouble if several GC players have been to Greater Brisbane recently.

Nobody should be surprised at that after all the AFL priority is Victoria first.

Can we please just end this sh*t, we have the power do to do it but we screw around with hotel quarantine and returned travelers which ends in this garbage. Pathetically weak leadership.

We're one of the most isolated countries on earth and we still manage to fu** up that immense advantage.

You're joking aren't you?
There are people still trying to get on flights from last year to return home.
The Dubai to Brisbane flight for next week run by Emirates has just been cancelled as the new caps mean they can only carry 10 passengers that day.
What airline is going to do that?

Two week amnesty? So you can just shut up shop and leave in 2 weeks? It isn't that easy to just up and leave as an expat.
How about the Australian government set up proper quarantine stations and control things properly.
Set realistic numbers and go from there.
Don't get me wrong - once home people shouldn't be able to leave again until borders open.
A few Aussie expats here have copped abuse as they've admitted to getting one of the limited seats home, having a holiday and then coming back.
Meanwhile those not as well off have been dumped off flights.

Also worth pointing out that the original government direction to expats was to stay in place if possible and they'd sort out an orderly return......that hasn't happened!!

There are no easy answers but simply "shut the borders" isn't really a viable solution for Australian Citizens who have the legal right to return home.

You're joking aren't you?
There are people still trying to get on flights from last year to return home.
The Dubai to Brisbane flight for next week run by Emirates has just been cancelled as the new caps mean they can only carry 10 passengers that day.
What airline is going to do that?

Two week amnesty? So you can just shut up shop and leave in 2 weeks? It isn't that easy to just up and leave as an expat.
How about the Australian government set up proper quarantine stations and control things properly.
Set realistic numbers and go from there.
Don't get me wrong - once home people shouldn't be able to leave again until borders open.
A few Aussie expats here have copped abuse as they've admitted to getting one of the limited seats home, having a holiday and then coming back.
Meanwhile those not as well off have been dumped off flights.

Also worth pointing out that the original government direction to expats was to stay in place if possible and they'd sort out an orderly return......that hasn't happened!!

There are no easy answers but simply "shut the borders" isn't really a viable solution for Australian Citizens who have the legal right to return home.

It seems you ignored the "government funds it" thing.

We could use Hercules for all I care. We have in the past. It's not that ******* hard, it's just the government doesn't want to throw big money at it because reasons. Big concentrations can be evacuated by the military, smaller numbers can have paid flights with commercial providers to hubs which can then be taken by the Australian military back home.

At the end of the day, everything is just money. We've had a ******* year to sort this s**t out and we're literally nowhere further down the path than we were when the s**t hit the fan. I'm not blaming ex-pats here, I'm blaming our government.

It seems you ignored the "government funds it" thing.

We could use Hercules for all I care. We have in the past. It's not that ******* hard, it's just the government doesn't want to throw big money at it because reasons. Big concentrations can be evacuated by the military, smaller numbers can have paid flights with commercial providers to hubs which can then be taken by the Australian military back home.

At the end of the day, everything is just money. We've had a ******* year to sort this sh*t out and we're literally nowhere further down the path than we were when the sh*t hit the fan. I'm not blaming ex-pats here, I'm blaming our government.

Will admit I was more focused on the “shut the borders” aspect. I tend to get annoyed with a lot of comments nowadays.
It really needs to be “control the borders and quarantine “.
Basically the federal government have mishandled this all badly by just palming it off to the states.
They’ll continue to say a lot and do nothing!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

8 new cases today.

87bbadf6-ba42-450c-ba38-804a04599435.png

Gold Coast flying on a chartered flight direct to Adelaide for Friday's game despite Nicola saying yesterday that they wouldn't be let in because of the Greater Brisbane hotspot.

Also Swans players affected;

Last edited:
598C5466-99D1-4B74-9D45-6322587AE8FD.jpeg

Still highkey baffled at the mindboggling lack of common sense that ultimately led to this flare-up in Brisbane.

Like... why wouldn’t you deploy a nurse practitioner or doctor who was vaccinated instead of, you know, one that wasn’t?

View attachment 1089610

Still highkey baffled at the mindboggling lack of common sense that ultimately led to this flare-up in Brisbane.

Like... why wouldn’t you deploy a nurse practitioner or doctor who was vaccinated instead of, you know, one that wasn’t?

Aged Care are treated very harshly in this space. They do not give shifts to people who have not completed the required training and received a flu vaccination (and now the COVID jab). They get hit by auditors almost weekly to check all of this. I find it very strange that this slipped through.

Aged Care are treated very harshly in this space. They do not give shifts to people who have not completed the required training and received a flu vaccination (and now the COVID jab). They get hit by auditors almost weekly to check all of this. I find it very strange that this slipped through.

File it alongside Victoria: “okay now you must have an exit swab upon leaving hotel quarantine” & South Australia: “okay now swabs are mandatory if you work in a hot zone”, I guess.

Gold Coast flying on a chartered flight direct to Adelaide for Friday's game despite Nicola saying yesterday that they wouldn't be let in because of the Greater Brisbane hotspot.

Also Swans players affected;

Suns landed here about 2 hours ago.
Pretty sure the AFL charter an Alliance aircraft for all interstate travel at present?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back