Rules The new man on the mark rule is utterly ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Higher scoring isnt the biggest benefit anyway. Less stoppages and congestion is the biggest improvement. The game just looks better

It really does. There are far fewer tackles this year than for a very long time and the reason for that is there is less congestion and less opportunity to tackle.

Higher scoring isnt the biggest benefit anyway. Less stoppages and congestion is the biggest improvement. The game just looks better
Imo it doesn't look much different, only thing is the MOTM looks stupid and there's a bit more uncontested marking. Not sure thats positive.
One side effect I didn't consider originally is that its significantly easier to run down the clock now. Because in order to do that before, you couldn't gain much ground. You were at risk of getting stuck and turning it over at half back. Now you can move it forward, get it away from the dangerous area and run down the time. Again, not sure thats a positive.

Imo it doesn't look much different, only thing is the MOTM looks stupid and there's a bit more uncontested marking. Not sure thats positive.
One side effect I didn't consider originally is that its significantly easier to run down the clock now. Because in order to do that before, you couldn't gain much ground. You were at risk of getting stuck and turning it over at half back. Now you can move it forward, get it away from the dangerous area and run down the time. Again, not sure thats a positive.

If u don't think the game looks much different you must be blind.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

"One straw I hadn't previously grasped at...."

I cannot believe you are still going in this thread. It's embarrassing

Guess I’m blind then, but I’m seeing a game not overly different to the football played on hard tracks in perfect weather with rusty structures at the start of each season.

You're right, you are blind

(Log in to remove this ad.)

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

"One straw I hadn't previously grasped at...."

I cannot believe you are still going in this thread. It's embarrassing
I hadn't noticed any changes but then i found a change that i didn't like

Mate when women start saying 'how come the football is so much better this season' you know something has changed.

Both Richmond and Port had their zone defenses shredded yesterday by short kicking sides using the benefits of the new kick out rule and MOTM rule.

Its as obvious as the nose on your face.

No surprises Richmond fans dont want or like any rule changes. Hardwick unlocked the method to best use the rules as they were. Now the changes dont suit their zoning defense.

Last edited:

A free flowing game with ball movement end to end in a blink of an eye is definitely a positive.

Great to see the Swans finally take the plunge into playing a more open attacking game. It only took 20 years........:$:$:$:$:$

Better late than never.:think::)

There has been some games of exciting attacking play during the recent finals years, but overall its been a heavy slog and difficult watching at times
I doubt there would be many Swans fans wanting to return to the game style of recent years

I don’t know whether it is this new rule or not, but I really like watching the game this season. It goes against how my team plays, but the higher scores makes a huge difference in the quality overall. I found myself watching a lot of neutral games from the beginning to the end this season because of it.

Hopefully this keeps going and my club joins in on the fun as well

Mate when women start saying 'how come the football is so much better this season' you know something has changed.

Both Richmond and Port had their zone defenses shredded yesterday by short kicking sides using the benefits of the new kick out rule and MOTM rule.

Its as obvious as the nose on your face.

No surprises Richmond fans dont want or like any rule changes. Hardwick unlocked the method to best use the rules as they were. Now the changes dont suit their zoning defense.
What? Richmond was burnt by centre clearances and terrible turnovers resulting in us being horribly out of position defensively. Of course the swans were able to carve us up.
Teams have been able to kick through our zone on our bad days since 2018.

What? Richmond was burnt by centre clearances and terrible turnovers resulting in us being horribly out of position defensively. Of course the swans were able to carve us up.
Teams have been able to kick through our zone on our bad days since 2018.
Very occasionally a team can do it and usually Richmond would be able to quickly stop a side after 1 or 2 quick kicks by working the mark and stop the flow of the ball. That looks much harder to stop this season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back