Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 5 - Lions v Bombers Sat April 17th 7:25pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

• Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Bombers by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate if Hipwood wanted to knock it out he was a metre away from the boundary. He's knocked it 30m downfield, after running 40 odd, got bumped as he kicked it OFF THE GROUND. Have some common sense

We have copped it all year. Had about 10 against last week.

Mate if Hipwood wanted to knock it out he was a metre away from the boundary. He's knocked it 30m downfield, after running 40 odd, got bumped as he kicked it OFF THE GROUND. Have some common sense
you clearly didnt watch the 4 similar decisions against us last week. The umpires dont pay for intent, they pay for lack of attempt at keeping the ball in play

I've come to realise that instead of the umpires observing the games and just calling it as they see it, they instead go in search of reasons to blow their whistles.

you clearly didnt watch the 4 similar decisions against us last week. The umpires dont pay for intent, they pay for lack of attempt at keeping the ball in play

Cant say many of us Lions fans go out of the way to watch your team.

I don't care about last week lmao. And i think you missed my point bud aye, instead of knocking it out of bounds, which I'll remind you he was only a metre out from when he kicked, he hacked it downfield another 30m. What more intent do you want from him??

I don't care about last week lmao. And i think you missed my point bud aye, instead of knocking it out of bounds, which I'll remind you he was only a metre out from when he kicked, he hacked it downfield another 30m. What more intent do you want from him??
it's consistent with what we've copped under similar circumstances this year

What the * is wrong with the bombers.

From the get go just ******* about with the ball when it was torrential rain.

Just ******* bang it forward.

* it's just so dumb. It's stuff that Auskick kids know.

Must be infuriating as a bomber fan, it's pissing me off and i'm a neutral.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

umps stretching the not 15 rule to try and get the game moving, you can't change the weather umps just accept its going to be a low scoring game you flagpoles.

Surely we should have an exception for deliberate OOB if the ball would have gone out of bounds if the player didn’t touch it?

The Hipwood decision is a perfect example where the player is just trying to stop the ball from going out of bounds and gets punished

If you smash it towards the boundary when there is no chance you're passing it, it is going to be a free every time.

What the fu** is wrong with the bombers.

From the get go just ******* about with the ball when it was torrential rain.

Just ******* bang it forward.

fu** it's just so dumb. It's stuff that Auskick kids know.

Must be infuriating as a bomber fan, it's pissing me off and i'm a neutral.
We have been utterly hopeless in the wet for years. Even if dry we would be flogged tonight though. We just haven’t turned up

Surely we should have an exception for deliberate OOB if the ball would have gone out of bounds if the player didn’t touch it?

The Hipwood decision is a perfect example where the player is just trying to stop the ball from going out of bounds and gets punished

Probably but really, a smart player forces a ball in. Good example was Andrews taking the ball near the boundary. Instead of just dumping it forward in hope to definitely lose it, he gets bumped over the line for a stoppage that the midfield will more than likely win.

Back