Autopsy Rd 5 BELTED! Power turns the Blues lights out

Who player well for the Blues vs Port?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Your post just reminded me what I didn't like about his game last nite. Wasn't meaning to have a go at your post. Just came out that way. I think he is a very sporadic cameo type player. I'm not sure moving him will fix that.
I'm just suggesting the quote has my username attached to words I never said. Weird.

I was at that VFL game with cookie monster

McGovern didnt want warrant a call up. He was dominant or anywhere near our best.

Jsos injury and our lack of talls, saw him in. There is no selection integrity, otherwise they would have rewarded Ramsay, who was our best listed player last week

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Hit nail on head

Cornes on Carlton in The Round So Far is spot on. Our entries i50 were deplorable. Why have one of the best forwards in the comp in McKay if we can't hit him?

If you can’t see that Crippa is still carrying an injury; you’re blind! He does not want to bend down! He cannot kick the ball with any meaningful force either. His hammys/back are COOKED. He needs to ******* rest.

If he's carrying an injury, why is (a) he being so selfish and not putting his hand up to rest, while empowering/trusting and coaching the second tier mids in their development/step up and (b) why is Teague not making the tough call to "manage" him???
All Teague's selection calls are low hanging fruit (Setters, Dow, Willo, OBrien)

He did have free runners next to him though that he ignored. He could've handballed laterally and bumped a port player. One of those, I think 3, runners would've had a clear shot at goal on the run instead of that horrid bomb onto 3 port defenders.

Cripps had a massive case of the panics last night, zero composure. So many times, even when he had runners supporting, he did the Ed blind kick but instead of Ed normally being in the packs Cripps was doing it out in the open.

Cripps deflated me on so many occasions last night it wasn’t funny

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We are out of form but just need to scrap our way to a 50/50 win loss ratio or thereabouts by the half way mark of the season. It will turn at some point, it's a long season.

Stop gifting games to the veterans and reward VFL performances.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think the issues are a lot more glaring than that. We’re consistently miserable at defending turnover. It’s like we’ve gone backwards from last year. Since the preseason game against Essendon we’ve been having the same issues. I thought it was initially just because it was preseason and they just weren’t playing with 100% desperation but we are actually just terrible at defending turnovers. The more I watch the more amusing it gets.

Amongst the hysteria some good insights.

Effort was there from most, contested ball numbers tell you that ..although last qtr we were piss weak at times.

We dont have the cattle, and not enough in the reserves to push to many out. That said we looks unbalanced with Parks out. We need mclovin to take his role. Forward we have to find a way to use our forward press better. Too many teams walk the ball out of D50. Not sure who we move in there to help.

Stocker for murphy based on ressies game. We get a bloke that can go through the middle and at least. And we need to try and get a different look through middle. Captain obvious here but we need to release SPS and Stocker in there at times. No point trying the same s**t always.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's carrying an injury, why is (a) he being so selfish and not putting his hand up to rest, while empowering/trusting and coaching the second tier mids in their development/step up and (b) why is Teague not making the tough call to "manage" him???
All Teague's selection calls are low hanging fruit (Setters, Dow, Willo, OBrien)
I agree 100% with both A and B. The lack of decisions from our leaders epitomizes Carlton as an organisation.

Its just as bad as Facebook here now.
'We' scoff at opposition supporters who vent and look for 'scapegoats' in a bad loss.
Some going as far as entering other clubs boards to gloat and bait.

Yet 'we' are the worst easily!

When we win, sack everybody
When we lose, sack everybody.

Doesn't matter the circumstances or ladder positions, everyone wants someone sacked!!

Get a friggen grip will ya's??

We were flat and looked slowish.
We compared well in all stats but our disposal let us down in the end.

Yes, as supporters we're disappointed and hoped for better.

Port are a very very good footy club, but it seems for some here, anything less than a resounding win calls for players and coaches to be sacked, abused and disrespected.

Yes... sack Teague, can't see anything going wrong with that... some donkeys on here.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well no, Liddle's prior role at Tigers was marketing or ticketing manager or the like...correct me if I am wrong.

Was he ever really equipped to be the CEO of a Club like Carlton?

Liddle is doing a fantastic job, plenty not going right at the minute but he is flying.

I think you need to get a grip mate

Gonna give our night games a miss for the rest of the year. Can't remember the last time we won one in Victoria and it's just too much of an investment to catch the train home at 11pm after a terrible performance.

Completely agree and if parks isn't fit yet then Mcgovern should do that job, not Williamson. Idk wtf is going on with him. Push Sps into the middle with Cripps and Walsh, rotate Stocker and Williams down back and you've got a system that already looks better than what's happening at the moment.
I like Gov in defence. Has far more influence over the game.

People say he only gets goals as a result of the hard work of others. To that argument I say - if he is kicking goals, I don’t give a fat rat’s tossbag how he is doing it.
I don’t think as a club we are in a position to say “Yeah he kicks goals, but they’re not the TYPE of goals we’re after around here...”

Paolo Rossi won a WC for Italy bc he could slot it in the net after all the "hard work of others"

Would love to know if SPS is being coached to kick these 15-25m kicks, or if that his preferred style? On occasion they're fine, not when they are the majority kick He makes

I’m sure clubs are coached to push up when SPS gets the ball, he severely needs to change things up every now and then.

Back