Win Prizes Game Previews Are Back - Congratulations Square Peg!!!

Which Game Preview do you think is the best one?

• Yeti - Attack Of The Giants

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Piggy Smalls - The BigFooty Live and Exclusive Pre-Match Show

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Square Peg - Is It Too Early To Drink?

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • dockerfemme - The Most Boring Preview Of The Year

• BarbieITFC - Everybody Hates Collingwood

• Megalon - The Karen From Karlton Kup

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A room? I'm not even allowed to carry Snuffaluphagus' bags apparently.
Ballbags. Ball. Bags. Ballbags.
Big, big, big Snuphalufgaus balls in bags are beyond Tonga's rookie tong tricep tweaks.
Keep training though, Snuffy ball bag bearing brilliance beckons, rookie padawan mod...

Bob Grovels
Good morning all,

First of all I want to thank everybody who have written game previews and/or committed to writing game previews this season. The quality that has been delivered each week has been consistently outstanding, which has come out in the positive replies that follow each preview.

We've come to the point in the season however where we're about to run into some vacant rounds. Next week's trip to Docklands to face Essendon is the first one, followed by gaps in rounds 11 (away to Port) and 12 (maybe at home to the Bulldogs). So I'm getting on my metaphorical knees and groveling for people to adopt one of these lost rounds.

1620176341899.png

And just to show that I can put my money where my mouth is, I will step up and take on one of these poor abandoned fixtures. And given my love of bulldogs of the red and white variety, I shall take on the team from Whitten Oval.

Who will join me in taking one of the final rounds?

WTF has happened to the previews the last few weeks?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK looks like we have a cancellation. Does anybody want to step in for our good friend Bastyy and do the annual Hawkmania game? There's lots of material to work with in this one.

Who's up for it???

lock stock fibre.gif

If there are any further drop outs, I'll put my hand up for one.
Mint!

Docker Gun hasn't been around since May, so if you can knock one up in the next two hours you can have tonight's game, otherwise if the Gun is silenced by Monday next week then you can have Round 20 vs Richmond.

Game Preview Voting Is Underway
game preview voting header.png
Welcome back everyone. The season is done and/or dusted, the day previously known as Mad Monday has happened, and now we're in a collar-popping silly season of trades, draft picks and speculation over what kid will be the new [INSERT GUN PLAYER NAME].

All of that however is but the entree before the main meal of the off-season - the Fremantle BigFooty Awards Season. And the first cab off the rank is the crowning of the newest Fremantle Poster of the Year! A chance for one of the posters who gave of their time and creative energies to help us prepare for our games in season 2021. At this point I want to say a massive thank you to all those who provided us with game previews this season - DockerDen5215 Yeti Megalon Square Peg dockerfemme Snuffaluphagus Piggy Smalls WAnchor Gekko71 BarbieITFC Purple_Turtle cardamon DragoDelph - you all gave great effort and should be proud that you provided the board with some champagne previews! If you need reminding of what they've produced, check out the links in the OP for all of the previews for the season.

However only one of this season's game previewers will join the pantheon of Freo Posters of the Year. Who that will be is entirely up to you, the Fremantle board. As is tradition, I have tallied up the reactions that each game preview OP received and have shortlisted the top six (6) for a final vote, which I will shortly add to the top of this thread.The person with the most votes will then receive a Fremantle PoTY badge and a year's Premium BF membership.

The nominees are:
Now it's up to you, board members. Please honour the work that these good people have done by casting your vote, and in doing so make sure you vote for the Game Preview rather than the poster. The poll will be open for one week, you each have a single vote and the results will be kept private until after the poll has finished because I love me a bit of suspense.

Let the voting commence!!

democracy manifest.gif

Vote You Campaigners
Hi all,

There's just over a day left before the poll closes. The vote is stupidly tight so if you haven't voted yet then get on it, yours could make all the difference. So what are you waiting for? Make your voice be heard.

The Presentation
game preview winner header.png
Well folks, the crowd has spoken. And boy was it a tight race. Any one of our six finalists could have come away with the chicken dinner, such was the quality on display. But even though all of them are winners, there's actually only one winner. So please join the mod team and I in congratulating the winner of the the season 2021 poster of the year - Square Peg!

Here's his winning game preview once again - Is It Too Early To Drink?

Congrats Peg, you've not only picked up your very own Freo PoTY badge and a year's BigFooty Premium membership, but you have now joined the likes of Arcassius, TheInjuryFactory and myself atop Mt Postmore! That in my opinion is the most valuable prize, given how long it took me to chisel your likeness up there.

mt postmore 2021.png

To the other finalists, and indeed all who gave us a game preview - my deepest gratitude for the time and effort that you put into them. A lot of people expressed how happy they were when the game previews returned, and you have lived up to their expectations! We'll be doing this again in 2022 as part of an expanded Awards Season, so keep an eye out on the fixture drop to see what round takes your fancy.

Congratulations again to all of you, and thank you for your Champagne Previewing!

champagne bob.jpg

Back