Autopsy Round 5, 2021: St.Kilda v Richmond *MADDIE'S MATCH* *CARLISLE 150TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Answer the question. What is your experience working for a membership organisation?
Don't run away from the question, stop embarrassing yourself and answer it.

We can then compare. C'mon P66, don't be shy, don't dodge the question.

Look forward to hearing your expertise in my field.

Waiting......
You will be waiting a while because unless your experience is at the saints and you know what they know regarding history of complaints and the best way to deal with them then your experience is irrelevant. Buy the way with your irrelevant experience how much money is your company worth ?

Firstly we have no idea how much time and money it would take because we have no idea how many letters they got. I think it’s completely illogical to suggest it’s as simple as you say yet not do as you say. You can choose to have little confidence in the club. I choose not to.

and I don’t think you are reading what I’m saying. They have years of history on people who don’t renew. They know with that type of response they may lose members but their history that they can look at probably tells them the limited money they have is better spent elsewhere. As I said earlier I know what would piss more members off. Imagine if they sent an email to all members saying we are beefing up our membership department to deal with complaints but that money is coming out of the footy department. I may even write a letter in that case. Actually I wouldn’t but I reckon many would.
Hahahaha, my god. Mate give it up, you are embarrassing yourself.

Absolutely no clue.

If they pay their membership and don’t breach any rules or laws then yes, absolutely they are.
Let’s go way over the top here and wont happen me as a 40 year member should be entitled to response if I call the whole club weak c and just rant on and on. Breaching no laws apart from the common sense law. The only reply I deserve is a computer generated reply if anything at all.

It's not about the years of membership or how much you pay. It's the actual task of having to respond adequately to hundreds of emails manually. That is the issue. If they had 50 staff sure expect a response but I doubt there's even 5 people managing the inbox. It's just not something you should expect. Again it's got nothing to do with the club not caring or turning a blind eye to supporters. It's just impractical.

Again they could send a blanket email to all members via the system generating it but that's no better either because any specific concerns that members want addressed most likely won't be addressed.
How many emails were recieved? For all you know there might have been 10.

Of course no response will be adequate. We can't expect to say ' stick with us, we guarantee you we wil win the flag this season'. zto be honest i didn't what to expect as a response.

But to get a stock standard response from the Trainee Receptionist just inflames the original issue.

it also gives me a small insight into the lack of professionalism at the club. They knoew the hammer was coming down from members, but they decided to give everyone at the club the day off.
I can see why players and cpoaches needed it, to reflect and get their heads around their appalling efforts. But the management of Admin should have been there to formulate a strategy to placate the member.

Their strategy was to get the 19 y.o at the front desks to copy and paste a template to the member. Appalling lack of business acumen.

It is really quite funny actually.

I actually think giving everyone the day off was to stop people cancelling membership renewals en masse.

Probably a strategy to let people (hopefully) calm down over the weekend and reconsider.

Possibly also to stop their staff being abused over the phone due to the performance of the team.

If anything they should have given everyone the day off apart from the 22 that played on Thursday and made them man the phones.

When does the entitlement stop. Obviously jb letter was fine but not everyone would be so polite but are they entitled?
OMG, you have absolutely no idea about membership organisations.

Every single member from 50 plus and life members to new 2021 3 game members are entitled to an adequate professional reply as financial members not a brush off an an hilariously comical insult by getting a Trainee Receptionist to reply.
As stav origionally said, I would laugh at the amateur unprofessionalism of an organisation who have such abysmal internal processes and member services that they would authorise such a farce. If it wasn't my football club.

He should be surprised he even received a reply given how challenging it is to manage the comms with an understaffed team.

They could've sent a message out to all members as a blanket email, but it means nothing. Apparently there was some serious discussions at the club two weeks ago and the players all challenged each other really strongly. It meant sh*t.

Nothing is going to placate a member more than their team winning on the weekends, everything else ultimately means nothing because if we go 2-20 nobody is going to renew their membership because the club better responded to emails.

I mean what did people actually expect. They would've been under the pump non stop getting into the office today. If all you want is bulk emails every time we lose then I'm sure it can be facilitated as it's a system thing and not a user thing. If not then lower expectations..

in what world should someone be a paying member of an organisation and be “shocked to receive a response”

Or that a 31 year paying member be responded to by a trainee receptionist.

this isn’t local football. This is a multi million dollar organisation in a billion dollar industry.

the fact that Joffa said he won’t renew isn’t the point. It’s the way this has been handled - especially considering there would have been multiple instances like last season where the club has gone cap in hand to a member like Joffa.

Every single member from 50 plus and life members to new 2021 3 game members are entitled to an adequate professional reply as financial members not a brush off an an hilariously comical insult by getting a Trainee Receptionist to reply.
As stav origionally said, I would laugh at the amateur unprofessionalism of an organisation who have such abysmal internal processes and member services that they would authorise such a farce. If it wasn't my football club.
I actually read your initial response to the response and have said as you said but you are either not reading all my replies which is fine or ignoring them. I trainer receptionist shouldn’t be made to respond even though I’m sure she didn’t write and secondly as you also said what else could they say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You will be waiting a while because unless your experience is at the saints and you know what they know regarding history of complaints and the best way to deal with them then your experience is irrelevant. Buy the way with your irrelevant experience how much money is your company worth ?
We have revenue of 160 million a year, have 170k members worldwide and have actually worked in the past with RFC and EFC, ad well as the AFL because our finance applications.
Really funny to think you are so ignorant you believe my experience in the industry is irrelevant only people who worked for the STKFC would know customer services business processes

My god your ignorance on this subject is hilariously embarrassing.

Haha, did you really expect the St Kilda membership team to be a well oiled machine? I could have saved you a lot of time and told you upfront that most of our organisation is an absolute rabble. Beyond the coaching and players, it's a bunch of clowns man. Remember when whoever was in charge of game day engagement a few years ago commissioned that taylor swift like saints intro. Had to have been fired the same day.

Try and put a mod on ignore and let me know how you go 😁
Wait can you not ignore mods?

That’s so dumb. Coz there’s this mod on the st Kilda board who’s so annoying-

Oh.

We have revenue of 160 million a year, have 170k members worldwide and have actually worked in the past with RFC and EFC, ad well as the AFL because our finance applications.
Really funny to think you are so ignorant you believe my experience in the industry is irrelevant only people who worked for the STKFC would know customer services business processes

My god your ignorance on this subject is hilariously embarrassing.

As I said if you are embarrassed I’m on the right track. Nice and personal again. 160 million. I’m sure if the footy club got half that you may have got a better reply.

I actually read your initial response to the response and have said as you said but you are either not reading all my replies which is fine or ignoring them. I trainer receptionist shouldn’t be made to respond even though I’m sure she didn’t write and secondly as you also said what else could they say.
Oh dear, the point is much more complex than that simplistic view, that is just the hilarious shambolic optics of getting some random replying to a financial member.

So funny, this is high entertainment.

Oh dear, the point is much more complex than that simplistic view, that is just the hilarious shambolic optics of getting some random replying to a financial member.

So funny, this is high entertainment.
I’m glad you are enjoying yourself after such a stressful week of writing a letter and then getting a reply you weren’t happy with. It would have been a few hard days.

How many emails were recieved? For all you know there might have been 10.
We've lost by over 12 goals twice in the last three weeks. Out of 300,000 supporters what would be a more realistic number other than 10? I'd say it's in the hundreds.

in what world should someone be a paying member of an organisation and be “shocked to receive a response”

Or that a 31 year paying member be responded to by a trainee receptionist.

this isn’t local football. This is a multi million dollar organisation in a billion dollar industry.

the fact that Joffa said he won’t renew isn’t the point. It’s the way this has been handled - especially considering there would have been multiple instances like last season where the club has gone cap in hand to a member like Joffa.
Like I said before, it's got absolutely nothing to do with longevity as a member or financial contribution as a member. Nothing whatsoever. The reason anyone should be surprised to receive a response, not just Joffa, is because of the obvious challenge of going through emails and responding. Although a majority of the emails most likely would've been criticism, there would be some that were just a general enquiry. Because of this, whichever person or people are manning the inbox would need to read the emails to respond to them accordingly. If what you want was not happening when these areas were fully staffed pre-COVID, what makes you think it's going to be any better now?

I'll reiterate for the fourth time now, this isn't about how long someone has been a member or how much they pay. It is the actual task of manual correspondence.

I don't know what to tell you if you think the person behind the desk is sitting there either intentionally not responding to members because they don't care, or that they've seen Joffa's email and intentionally sent him a "we're all working hard" generic response because they don't give a s**t.

There's not giving a s**t and there's being actually incapable of servicing everyone because of many reasons one of the main ones being resources.

It's really quite simple. Has nothing to do with Joffa or his history with the club either.

As I said if you are embarrassed I’m on the right track. Nice and personal again. 160 million. I’m sure if the footy club got half that you may have got a better reply.
Unbelievable? So answer the question what is your experience in a membership organisation?
My guess from you response is less than zero.
And I have worked for unions on the bones of their arse, but our financial members were ALWAYS responded to in a professional manner.

Calling you ignorant is not personal, it is factual on this issue. You should talk about dim sims and the players you knew 10 years ago.

One last time. What is your vocational experience in a membership organisation.

If you don't answer directly, it proves vonclusively you have no basis for drawing your silly conclusion.

Waiting....

Unbelievable? So answer the question what is your experience in a membership organisation?
My guess from you response is less than zero.
And I have worked for unions on the bones of their arse, but our financial members were ALWAYS responded to in a professional manner.

Calling you ignorant is not personal, it is factual on this issue. You should talk about dim sims and the players you knew 10 years ago.

One last time. What is your vocational experience in a membership organisation.

If you don't answer directly, it proves vonclusively you have no basis for drawing your silly conclusion.

Waiting....
Again another arrogant response. You have no idea of my history so calling me ignorant is personal. As is other things you have said. I don’t care but you are one of the first to jump on others who do it including me yesterday. As I said you will be waiting a while. You can draw your own conclusions on that. I couldn’t give a rats. And it’s great you have so much experience. I’ve never felt so happy for you. Now what should the reply have said. Simple question for a guy with your experience.

We've lost by over 12 goals twice in the last three weeks. Out of 300,000 supporters what would be a more realistic number other than 10? I'd say it's in the hundreds.

Like I said before, it's got absolutely nothing to do with longevity as a member or financial contribution as a member. Nothing whatsoever. The reason anyone should be surprised to receive a response, not just Joffa, is because of the obvious challenge of going through emails and responding. Although a majority of the emails most likely would've been criticism, there would be some that were just a general enquiry. Because of this, whichever person or people are manning the inbox would need to read the emails to respond to them accordingly. If what you want was not happening when these areas were fully staffed pre-COVID, what makes you think it's going to be any better now?

I'll reiterate for the fourth time now, this isn't about how long someone has been a member or how much they pay. It is the actual task of manual correspondence.
You are correct, a life member or a 1st year member should be responded to professionally in an attempt to address whatever particular concern they have.

However membership organisations have categories for different members including date milestones. We have different membership rates depending on the members circumstance, they longevity, how many products they have consumed, and even a loyalty program, tied into discount rates. All data is integrated into with Marketing and all member emails are sent to Membership to be put on the member profile for analysis and if required response.
Not true that member orgs don't have different catagories of members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back