Preview Round 6, 2021: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 25th April, 6:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Power

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 22 32.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if we win, it doesn't mean a lot in isolation, as we've seen after our wins this year. If we can jag a few in a row, that's when we can start to believe the ship has been righted
Yes and risking stating the obvious, we gotta win one to win two in a row so...yes it does mean almost everything. Too much longer and season over...But maybe a bad season in 2021 may allow us some advantages that may make it more tolerable in terms of gaining the quality we seek!

Watch this place do a complete 180 if we get up.

Just make a mental note of all the posts over the last week and have a laugh to yourself Sunday night.

However if we lose just log out, turn off your computer and pretend like BigFooty never existed.

Depends how we lose.
I hate the honorable loss thing, but I’d far prefer it to a shellacking.

Depends how we lose.
I hate the honorable loss thing, but I’d far prefer it to a shellacking.
Frankly I’ll take all the honourable losses we can atm. Our percentage is atrocious. Need to preserve what little we have of it.

******* stupid fixturing going from Thursday one week to Sunday night in a state that doesn’t have a public holiday the next day. Feels like the longest week ever.
Yeah Melbourne the place that defys logic but creates the greatest music and art culture in Australia.....i'd put it down to the colder climate but then there's Tassie so ? I do believe Brisbane is hitting that population of around 2 million, I think? I believe that was what Melbourne was in the Eighties and thats when everything Artsy took off but then there is Footy! The stuff coming out of Brisbane is getting interesting but then they did produce the Saints in the seventies that fathered punk and great support through the Go Betweens....but....yeah I know I'm off topic

Last edited:
******* stupid fixturing going from Thursday one week to Sunday night in a state that doesn’t have a public holiday the next day. Feels like the longest week ever.

SA does have a public holiday Monday though? I should know, I’ve got the day off work lmao

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

SA does have a public holiday Monday though? I should know, I’ve got the day off work lmao

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
They do??? I thought it was only WA.

that’s twice in this thread I’ve made a goose of myself.

at least I’m right about free kick bulldogs in the other thread.

The main problem with Hind that I think most of his fans were calling for was for him to play at HB as oppose to HF. Everyone knows how hard it is to play Hf at the best of times especially when your not a natural forward. Funny how he’s thriving now at HB...
That’s all well and good, but he sure as hell wasn’t pushing any of the younger Clark, Coffield, or Paton out of their spots, and as I said earlier, he wasn’t pushing our leading interceptor in Long out either, so the only way he gets a run across HB was at Sandy, and it sounds like he had his chances to do that, and didn’t set the world on fire.

Hey thats what 'youth' does they go awol sometimes....that doesnt mean you throw the babies out with the bath water. If the boys light up ....well you know they probably are gonna come good again acquiring more consistency...Hind showed enough to persevere!
Just like we have to persevere! (to continue on a course of action even in the face of difficulty or with little or no indication of success withe belief that we will transcend the difficulties.)
Did you just refer to the then 26yo Nick Hind as “youth”?

He’s the same age as Crouch, Membrey and Kent!

Watch this place do a complete 180 if we get up.

Just make a mental note of all the posts over the last week and have a laugh to yourself Sunday night.

However if we lose just log out, turn off your computer and pretend like BigFooty never existed.
Forget about the first few rounds , we have seen what works and what doesn't.
Having no ruckman showed we are horrendous with a ruckman our midfield holds up and we win.
We should win this game and that is how confident I'm with the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s all well and good, but he sure as hell wasn’t pushing any of the younger Clark, Coffield, or Paton out of their spots, and as I said earlier, he wasn’t pushing our leading interceptor in Long out either, so the only way he gets a run across HB was at Sandy, and it sounds like he had his chances to do that, and didn’t set the world on fire.
Good on Hind , but I would be losing no sleep on him leaving - he is going fine atm with teams allowing him to run around alone.

Forget about the first few rounds , we have seen what works and what doesn't.
Having no ruckman showed we are horrendous with a ruckman our midfield holds up and we win.
We should win this game and that is how confident I'm with the team.
Don't think we win but I like your optimism and agree a genuine ruckman helps us incredibly.

Did you just refer to the then 26yo Nick Hind as “youth”?

He’s the same age as Crouch, Membrey and Kent!
Age initself does not define the limitations of what is seen as youth.....he is youth, in the understanding of his place in the team in terms of being at the stage its all ahead of him and he has it all to prove...his inexperience still amounts to the limitations and wonder of youth! Anyway its enough on HIND ...its probably grown out of proportion I just think we didn't really show ourselves the wisest of list developers not seeing his potential still...i guess its another thing that can be put down to relativity.

Hind is like a dumb sonic the hedgehog.

Do not want.

You have a man crush on Lonie though and wanted him hobbled for stepping on his turf. We instead have a team of dumb Kronic The Catatonics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back