Preview Round 6, 2021: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 25th April, 6:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Power

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 22 32.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just dominated them in the air so much that they've gone out to try and recreate the Ryder and Marshall magic themselves.

It's not surprise we have been struggling without either of them in the team. They were our big POD from the entire league. No one else had two dominant rucks who complimented each other so perfectly and could also cause havoc in the forward line.
Snap - I was posting exactly the same thing in the General Discussion.

In Marshall, Jones, Byrnes, Joyce

Out Hunter,Webster, Dunstan, Long

I was trolling Bulldogs supporters tonight about our finals win last year and it reminded me how good Geary was, we miss him as much as Paddy.

Geary playing a lockdown role on Shorty Daniel and then turning into a forward weapon for us played a big part in that win.

We were playing great footy back then, we need to get that Saints mojo back.

Just need the midfield to get a whole lot more of the ball

Just a bit of a reality check required I reckon.

As much as last week was awful for the last 2.5 quarters, the fact remains that we were still missing as many as 8 of our best 22!

Ryder
Marshall
Gresham
Hannebery
Jones
Paton
Geary
Frawley (?)

That’s an awfully big chunk of our best team. Including a big chunk of our midfield, and 3 of our best “defensive defenders”- in a season where those who can defend one-on-one are so important.

Then we had Billings tear his plantar fascia in the warmup and play the whole game injured, then we lost an in-form Jimmy Webster after he’d played just 30% game time.

So we were still decimated by injury/unavailability.

This week we hopefully get back two of the aforementioned, but that still leaves us as many as 6 of our best 22 short (plus probably Webster, who is in our current best team), against a top team, in excellent form, on their home ground, who may only be missing 2 or 3 of their best 22.

So the likelihood of us winning is properly low.

So if we win it will be a phenomenal result, but it would also under the circumstances be a relatively good result if we were very highly competitive, but lose by anything under about 3-4 goals.

This week is probably more about righting the ship, before hopefully getting much closer to full strength in the coming weeks, and getting some w’s happening in more “winnable” games, when/if we do.

Really only Ryder, Marshall, Paton and Jones from last year though. Geary missed a quite a bit and apart from a handful of games plenty thought he was done. The rucks make our midfield look worse but it doesn't explain the incredible drop off.

He’s no Ed Phillips who made Hill look like Chopper Read 😀

Ed Phillips was a Danish sex education video compared to the milkshake consent cringeathon of Brad Hill.

Hello Everybody
I am going to the game ATM, I watched the West coast win at Marvel.
I live in the Adelaide Hills...I am hopeful.
I have a carton on the game with my local Port Supporting Takeaway shop owner, he paid up last year

See you there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

People still don't get why some were so wild about the Richmond game.

It was because of the WCE game.

No effort v Essendon, say all the right things, down 5 and a half goals midway through the second half, and storm home on pure guts.

Then no effort v Richmond. The players are lazy and will work when it suits them.

They beat Port, it only confirms it in my mind.

Would help a bit if we got back the 7 players who are currently missing from that team.
Some won’t be back this year Some maybe never as good as they were. Every side has injuries. No excuse for 2 of the last 3 weeks. The middle week shows we can perform if our brains want to.

People still don't get why some were so wild about the Richmond game.

It was because of the WCE game.

No effort v Essendon, say all the right things, down 5 and a half goals midway through the second half, and storm home on pure guts.

Then no effort v Richmond. The players are lazy and will work when it suits them.

They beat Port, it only confirms it in my mind.
There must be something strange going on at that club. The effort after half time was worse than the Essendon effort and I thought that would be impossible

Is Hunter Clark still playing. Heard he got a COVID test. Billings and Webster in the injuries too?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a bit of a reality check required I reckon.

As much as last week was awful for the last 2.5 quarters, the fact remains that we were still missing as many as 8 of our best 22!

Ryder
Marshall
Gresham
Hannebery
Jones
Paton
Geary
Frawley (?)

That’s an awfully big chunk of our best team. Including a big chunk of our midfield, and 3 of our best “defensive defenders”- in a season where those who can defend one-on-one are so important.

Then we had Billings tear his plantar fascia in the warmup and play the whole game injured, then we lost an in-form Jimmy Webster after he’d played just 30% game time.

So we were still decimated by injury/unavailability.

This week we hopefully get back two of the aforementioned, but that still leaves us as many as 6 of our best 22 short (plus probably Webster, who is in our current best team), against a top team, in excellent form, on their home ground, who may only be missing 2 or 3 of their best 22.

So the likelihood of us winning is properly low.

So if we win it will be a phenomenal result, but it would also under the circumstances be a relatively good result if we were very highly competitive, but lose by anything under about 3-4 goals.

This week is probably more about righting the ship, before hopefully getting much closer to full strength in the coming weeks, and getting some w’s happening in more “winnable” games, when/if we do.
Ryder 34 years old
Geary 33 years old his last year
Frawley 32 years old ? Never played for the club
Hannas 12 games in 2 years and 5 rounds
Our list not as good as we thought

We’ll see - taking way too long to develop for mine

Wasn’t he injured at some stage just before he was about to debut?
Thought he was always drafted as a long term develop.

Yes had a couple of injuries

We say that a lot about the bigger boys
The bigger ones take longer we say but if not best 18 and holding down a key position within two years they must be crap

Ryder 34 years old
Geary 33 years old his last year
Frawley 32 years old ? Never played for the club
Hannas 12 games in 2 years and 5 rounds
Our list not as good as we thought

After just one season, so far, we’ll miss Ryder, for sure.

Gears was probably down to his last season and possibly an automatic pick largely because of his captaincy.

Cant count Frawley and won’t miss him, he’s never really been on the list and Hanners either, he barely played.

Lucky ( hopefully) Hill left Perth early before the latest (infected through no fault of his own) guy was wandering around there happily for three days.

Lucky ( hopefully) Hill left Perth early before the latest (infected through no fault of his own) guy was wandering around there happily for three days.

Out last night with two long time friends from Perth, flew in on Wednesday 4 hours before the infected guy. They have to isolate and get swabs. if they have covid Melb is f*cked. We were in a resturant and two bars, their kids were in a bunch of bars and nightclubs.

Really I think they are just ultra ultra cautious. Over here for my friends dad's 90th at 3.00 pm today. this covid is a shittruck

Last edited:
Wow, good point didn’t think of that

After just one season, so far, we’ll miss Ryder, for sure.

Gears was probably down to his last season and possibly an automatic pick largely because of his captaincy.

Cant count Frawley and won’t miss him, he’s never really been on the list and Hanners either, he barely played.
There's an OOC ruckman at Geelong I reckon would be a great replacement for Ryder for the next couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back