Preview Round 6, 2021: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 25th April, 6:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Power

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 22 32.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out last night with two long time friends from Perth, flew in on Wednesday 4 hours before the infected guy. They have to isolate and get swabs. if they have covid Melb is f*cked. We were in a resturant and two bars, their kids were in a bunch of bars and nightclubs.

Really I think they are just ultra ultra cautious. Over here for my friends dad's 90th at 3.00 pm today. this covid is a shittruck

Im in iso now after getting tested this morning. Came back on the 18th, but was still in Perth on the 17th when he got out of HQ. Have spent this past week at work and everywhere basically. 😳

Not sure why it took so long to let people know ( I was texted Last night) or why they have to wait for a plane manifesto, when everyone has to get a permit to get back into Victoria. Would all be on the system somewhere. If we’d been notified pretty much as soon as he landed, we could all have been tested earlier and not spent all this time out in public.

Not so concerned about me ( highly unlikely to have it) but the other 250 people on his plane - this could turn out to be a real problem.

Last edited:

Im in iso now after getting tested this morning. Came back on the 18th, but was still in Perth on the 17th when he got out of HQ. Have spent this past week at work and everywhere basically. 😳

Not sure why it took so long to let people know ( I was texted Last night) or why they have to wait for a plane manifesto, when everyone has to get a permit to get back into Victoria. Would all be on the system somewhere. If we’d been notified pretty much as soon as he landed, we could all have been tested earlier and not spent all this time out in public.

Not so concerned about me ( highly unlikely to have it) but the other 250 people on the plane - this could turn out to be a real problem.
Jeepers, good luck.
Shows how fragile this whole thing is.

Also seems to get injured everytime he "apparently" gets close to a gig at the end of every year he's been with us. We don't need an injury prone key back. We've got enough of those...Frawley, Carlisle, Geary, Robbo, Webster.
Well there's every chance all of those guys won't be on our list next year. So we do need an injury prone key back after all..

Regardless of who is injured or not, some of the soft efforts this year just make you wonder if the coach and his players are communicating.

Some where suggesting that a few players like Butler, Coffield and Long etc turned up thinking they were elite talent after last year. Perhaps they got a reality check form some of the coaches or teammates. Maybe Brad Hill is causing friction because he's getting paid as much as half the team combined and they are meant to do the grind work to feed him. It could be a whole lot of things but what ever it is seems like we are not getting effort or buy in this year

Scotty from marketing is sad about this post.

I feel shame every time I look at at a menu board after seeing that. I can't work out if the taco staying silent is consent or rejection. I'm so confused now.

Yes had a couple of injuries

I was there when Lewy Pierce rag dolled him and ripped his ankle free in the intraclub, it looked a pretty serious one and that wrote off his season pretty much a couple of years back. He was a extremely thin which didn't help either. He looks like he's starting to bulk out finally. It would make a massive difference if we could find a KPB already on our list rather than trade or draft one.

I was there when Lewy Pierce rag dolled him and ripped his ankle free in the intraclub, it looked a pretty serious one and that wrote off his season pretty much a couple of years back. He was a extremely thin which didn't help either. He looks like he's starting to bulk out finally. It would make a massive difference if we could find a KPB already on our list rather than trade or draft one.
And he is only 21

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any actual evidence of Hanners exceptional leadership? He's hardly played.

I am completely baffled where this idea of leadership has come from. It is so misplaced it is not even funny.

The sooner he leaves back to Sydney to party with his ratbag mates the better.

Don't want him anywhere near our young blokes.

I am completely baffled where this idea of leadership has come from. It is so misplaced it is not even funny.

The sooner we leaved back to Sydney to party with his ratbag mates the better.

Don't want him anywhere near our young blokes.

I think it's something that we attached to him to justify the trade to be honest. He probably came with standards that good teams train by but the idea that he's a leader seems a bit like a stretch. He was part of a Sydeny rat pack that would have copped a lot of heat in Melbourne.

Ahh I see we are hitting that sweet spot of optimism after a horror loss.

saints by 16 😏

Well it’s been 9 days - how long can you stay miserable for? 😊

We are trying to build a list while staying competitive. Hind looks above average in his proper position. Essendon sold a player just like him in Saad and got pick 8. We bought Hind developed him for 2 years then gave him away for a pick that we were never going to use. Essendon then got Nick Cox who so far looks like a once in a generation player. We laughed at Dildo but....

We have to do better, giving away our players on the cheap and not drafting youth while paying top dollar for below average players will not be a great long term strategy and looks like cause of having a sh*t list which means we have to desperately grab at sh*t and the cycle continues.

Building a list is about depth as well as top end. We have neither.
I’m quoting you to a) partly respond to you and B) to cover an area that is quite frankly false about our list build.

I’ll start with B) list build quality and demographic.

the build of our best 22 includes the following under 25 footballers.
Clark
Coffield
Paton
King
Battle
Bytel
Higgins
Gresham
Howard
Long
Butler.

With king being the generational bookend that is arguably as good as most in terms. We have been nailed for injuries to Gresham and Paton but also a whole chunk in the 26+ group who are meant to lead with consistency and allow this group to ebb and flow throughout games. This part hasn’t happened.

now, the list outside of this group is poor. But that is in part to the list being 3 short on Max numbers. We talk about using the same players instead of being able to talk about blooding another 3. Targeting 3 in the group of 19-21 in the mid season draft should be paramount. My concern is that the club sticks to the bayside/south eastern hunting ground. We need to be looking in WA where the colts have a larger period of exposure.

Now the amount of debate about Hind is stupid. Yeah his speed looks great off half back. Watch him closely and he burns the ball as bad as anyone in a saints jumper in recent weeks. That won’t help us and he wasn’t the answer.

we broke the poor cycle last season. I don’t believe it was a fluke and that’s why I am personally angry with this season thus far. It’s heart and brain and we haven’t showed it often enough.

The only thing we haven’t tried and I’m interested in depending on the price. Is a rebirth of a failed top 10 pick - especially with Gresh down injured. I would be sounding out Dow. He has great attributes for an inside mid with his breakaway pace. His disgusting kicking can be hidden playing as a pure extractor. But who knows whether we go down a path like that.

personally I hope we take 3 of the best 19-21 year old kids on 18 month deals. Give them a real crack and hope 1 makes it and then go to the draft and take best available.

depending on league position you move on someone like JB. But there is absolute no need for a full rebuild or too question the quality. It’s there but we should be seeing that this year, unfortunately we haven’t.

If we somehow beat port, the losses against ess / tigers and demons while weird we are 3-3 having beaten 3 top 8 sides. Dont pretend you wont be impressed and excited.

All this negativity can be eliminated with a win tomorrow.

Correct! And then be back with a vengeance if we lose to the Hawks or the Suns in the two weeks after that.

Out last night with two long time friends from Perth, flew in on Wednesday 4 hours before the infected guy. They have to isolate and get swabs. if they have covid Melb is f*cked. We were in a resturant and two bars, their kids were in a bunch of bars and nightclubs.

Really I think they are just ultra ultra cautious. Over here for my friends dad's 90th at 3.00 pm today. this covid is a shittruck

I got my COVID jab yesterday at 10.30 am and initially felt fine. Exactly 12 hours later I started feeling like crap - like I had the flu.
They promised me the symptoms go away pretty quickly but I had an uncomfortable night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back