News Woosha back at Carlton in a Consultancy Role

Remove this Banner Ad

Mentoring is pretty much standard practice in many organisations sporting corporate or otherwise, not entirely sure why they have bothered to acknowledge it publicly.
Unfortunately it reeks of overly positive spin.
Most of us know that that we need a functioning CHF. Not another crutch.

Mentoring is pretty much standard practice in many organisations sporting corporate or otherwise, not entirely sure why they have bothered to acknowledge it publicly.
Unfortunately it reeks of overly positive spin.
Most of us know that that we need a functioning CHF. Not another crutch.

Supporters/Media pile on all week.

It would be nice not to be reactive for once as a football club.

Do we?

So Teague's not up to it?

How about getting rid of the band of lightweight assistant coaches (not all of them), but a few are well past their use by date.

Even if the assistants are ok ish , I think there is a fair amount of logic in rolling some new assistants through in an effort to refresh the coaching team as a whole. i am not a big fan of changing the head coach every 3 years, I believe this leads to too many changes in direction and philosophy , and sometimes unwarranted player changes. Impatience can be counterproductive.

Not sure why. I agree with some people but Balme has proven he is a person that is extremely good at what he does and success follows him where he goes
also he is never a threat to the coach.
He is alluding to Balme king hitting Southby in 73 GF. And Percy and Swan Mckay.

Southby big part of spirit of carlton. Old boys would work against him, as they did with Mick.

May not think its relevant, but for footy club culture it is. Particularly at the traditional big4 clubs

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Totally agree. The incompetence of our Football Operations Manager and the Board in not identifying a lack of senior experience and quality of coaching until 5 rounds into the season is staggering. All other clubs made their appointments during the off season in supporting their senior coach. The football department is a rabble and football is the core business of the club.
Once again the club is asleep at the wheel & rolling out media releases trying to cover up poor decisions.
I just wish the club would own their decisions and admit their mistakes and not treat its supporters like fools!

I think you are being too harsh and acting in hindsight.
2019 DT shows a dramatic improvement over BB, enough to be appointed permanent coach
2020 We were in the finals hunt until the last 3-4 matches. We had some great wins against the cats and dogs. We had zero blow out losses and many close games that we could easily have won. IMO the majority saw many positives in 2020. DT was going well end of 2020
2021 rd 1 A creditable performance against the premiers. DT still "going OK "
2021 rd 2 playing the magpies , we expected a win due to their horrible off season and player loss. "DT on notice"
2021 rd 3 A win v Dockers- we "did what we had to do"- no kudos for DT
2021 rd 4 A win v GCS ditto
2021 rd 5 Never in the game against Port who were the best team in 2020 H&A. Still not a blow out . knives are out

it seems in 4 games, 2 of which we won, DT has gone from doing a good job, to having to be sacked. If we can be a little less reactive as a supporter group, and give DT our support, it would go a long way towards stabilising our club, and hopefully getting the best long term results.

Not sure why. I agree with some people but Balme has proven he is a person that is extremely good at what he does and success follows him where he goes
also he is never a threat to the coach.

Many on here were bemoaning the appointment of Liddle as well- but went strangely silent when it was evident that he was doing a brilliant job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this is correct then that would cause more questions than answers !

Neil Balme was available at the start of the year and is the perfect person for this position and was chased by the Crows and GWS i believe but decided not to accept and move interstate and re signed very late with the Tigers in a limited role. Was well and truly available and on the market

Why wouldnt the Blues chase like crazy to get Balme over to carlton. Crazy
Would be perfect for us. We need to get rid of Lloyd he’s useless but he’s Liddles mate

Many on here were bemoaning the appointment of Liddle as well- but went strangely silent when it was evident that he was doing a brilliant job.
I think they were ok with him until it was a SOS v Liddle issue then as most would backed the home grown boy over the supposed Richmond

So long as he does his job well thats all that matters and he appears to be doing a decent job

I think they were ok with him until it was a SOS v Liddle issue then as most would backed the home grown boy over the supposed Richmond

So long as he does his job well thats all that matters and he appears to be doing a decent job
Hard to judge if he is or isn't. He's actively undermined the recruiting department and is getting kudos for a membership drive that is just 'give some out free'. Most of the more impressive off field things like carlton respects and the effort and enthusiasm in the women's game pre date him, I think. He's hired a mate who a lot of fans are dubious on and at times presented a different message to the coach. There's enough there to temper suggestions he's been brilliant but not enough to say he's actively been bad. I'm reserving judgement on him for a while yet.

Hard to judge if he is or isn't. He's actively undermined the recruiting department and is getting kudos for a membership drive that is just 'give some out free'. Most of the more impressive off field things like carlton respects and the effort and enthusiasm in the women's game pre date him, I think. He's hired a mate who a lot of fans are dubious on and at times presented a different message to the coach. There's enough there to temper suggestions he's been brilliant but not enough to say he's actively been bad. I'm reserving judgement on him for a while yet.
I think most supporters take time to accept people from opposition clubs initially and wont be aware of what he does or doesnt do and its but to the 'big boys to make these calls.

who really knows , personally i think the recruiting involvement has been over played about 1 player who may or may not work out but it was a coach call more than liddle imo and he just backed him for the PR

Hope Woosha wasn't on the flight over with the COVID case...might be in quarantine right now.

He won't be available for the game.

" Foxfooty.com.au has confirmed Worsfold won’t receive his test result in time to be available for the match, which commences at 4:30pm EST. "

He won't be available for the game.

" Foxfooty.com.au has confirmed Worsfold won’t receive his test result in time to be available for the match, which commences at 4:30pm EST. "

So funny & sad at the same time. Why did footy Dept think having an interstate mentor in a pandemic was a good idea?

If this is correct then that would cause more questions than answers !

Neil Balme was available at the start of the year and is the perfect person for this position and was chased by the Crows and GWS i believe but decided not to accept and move interstate and re signed very late with the Tigers in a limited role. Was well and truly available and on the market

Why wouldnt the Blues chase like crazy to get Balme over to carlton. Crazy

Be interesting to see what role he would have taken.

If it was a role we could accomodate it’s hard to believe we didn’t grab him.

2 bob thug as a player, below average coach but absolutely had the golden touch as an administrator.

I continue to get the feeling there’s still empire building at the club after all these years. Never works.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back