Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heard that, good on him to admit the mistake

Nah, he’s a *en knob. It was clear from day one Walsh was a gun but that peanut wanted to try ensure that Port Adelaide won the draft and not look at things without PA glasses on.

He’s a ******* of the highest level

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Murphy getting another clip on FC, ball watching when kicking into the fwd line & opponent Rich keeps on the ball to receive the footy where Murph should have been on his side.

Fogarty also clipped for not keeping up with a more desperate Lester, 6mins into the game.

Prior to that, R.Lyon rating our youngsters, TDK a jet (offered a 1st round pick for him last season, thought to be from Geelong). Queries only on SPS & Dow. Noted his link with recruitment.

Good to see that Ross and I are on the same page:

This is the big one for me.

He’s an average wing, that shouldn’t be getting a game over developing outside players we’ve drafted.

The Blues recruited LOB to play the outside role and played him for a year, and by the end of the year he was pushing 20 disposals a game and developing nicely. He finished the year better than Dow.

Then, the Blues decide they’ll bring in Newnes as an outside player, and put developing of youth on the back burner....

Are we a premiership contender? No.

Is Newnes going to be playing in our next premiership? No.

So he should be depth, it’s ******* insane.

Murphy getting another clip on FC, ball watching when kicking into the fwd line & opponent Rich keeps on the ball to receive the footy where Murph should have been on his side.

Fogarty also clipped for not keeping up with a more desperate Lester, 6mins into the game.

Prior to that, R.Lyon rating our youngsters, TDK a jet (offered a 1st round pick for him last season, thought to be from Geelong). Queries only on SPS & Dow. Noted his link with recruitment.

What is his link with our recruitment aside from being mates with SOS while he was still Freo coach?

The things Ross says are obvious to us supporters and it makes you wonder what Teague is trying to do.

Ross is a likeable guy and he knows how to coach. I'd love to have him speaking for our club and selecting our side. He hasn't had the ultimate success but has coached his sides into grand finals. I'd also be worried about his propensity to make his sides way too dour and defensive. I've heard talk about Clarkson or Brad Scott to us as well. Clarkson would obviously be a good get but as a personality, I really like Ross and his demeanour. He's more chatty in press conferences too. Less cliched.

The things Ross says are obvious to us supporters and it makes you wonder what Teague is trying to do.

Ross is a likeable guy and he knows how to coach. I'd love to have him speaking for our club and selecting our side. He hasn't had the ultimate success but has coached his sides into grand finals. I'd also be worried about his propensity to make his sides way too dour and defensive. I've heard talk about Clarkson or Brad Scott to us as well. Clarkson would obviously be a good get but as a personality, I really like Ross and his demeanour. He's more chatty in press conferences too. Less cliched.

Coaches like Lyon and Clarkson, are more process and structured base, despite one being more defensive than the other

Teague is more in the style of Bevo, more around backing players in within said structures. Bevo got tougher with standards over his tenure, Teague needs that aspect now

Personally, I prefer a more structured and process based coach, but both types can be successful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cornes on FC just admitted he went to hard on Walsh and that he was a star.
If Teague doesn’t work out, I’d be giving Ross Lyon a call.
I think our defensive issues would be fixed quick smart
A lot of the snippets shown in media analysis is about our guys not running with their man. The example they showed last night was murph after taking a kick into f50 let his man rich drift away towards the kick and got involved in play. Had murph run with rich he could have provided pressure to keep ball in forward and a possible goal.

Another example was 6 min into game (so players still very fresh) our guys had 5-20 m on their man as lions players easily waltzed our from around the wing zone.

Ross stated that if he was coach he would be having a hard word with the culprits. And he also mentioned teaugue needs to be harder on those players as well.

Can only assume that teaugue and players do discuss these as issues during match reviews but it’s being happening for at least a couple of weeks so seems either message is not getting through or it’s not being picked up.

Last edited:

Something is up with Saad. He's not playing with the same freedom he did with Ess and the Suns. He was questionable with a knee injury a little while ago, perhaps that's still hampering him?

I watched him on the Gold Coast when he was here and he was unbelievable. Some of the runs he'd go on were insane, and he did the same for Essendon. I don't think I've seen him do it once for us, it's a shame because I was really excited to see him in the Navy.

Williams needs to have some continuity, however it's been a somewhat underwhelming start so far. Having said that I'll give him 3 games in a row before judging him properly.

I was thinking to myself that Lyons was pitching that I can fix the issues with Carlton.

Ross summed the situation beautifully and nailed it about Newnes and how that has stopped O'Brien development.
Simple fact is our team selection has been horrible on these fronts for over a year.

Nah, he’s a fu**en knob. It was clear from day one Walsh was a gun but that peanut wanted to try ensure that Port Adelaide won the draft and not look at things without PA glasses on.

He’s a ******* of the highest level

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Doesn't fuss me all the media rating from that draft as we needed a guaranteed performer with the right attitude so for us Walsh is perfect -- but gee there a good batch to watch

Finally been saying this all year..

Think Ross has been reading my posts :tongueoutv1:
Totally changes out back 7 for the better with speed and ball use

Docherty - Jones - Parks
Williams - Weitering - Saad

7th Defender - Plowman/ Newman

I think you should try reading back some posts and see this video is already on this page :tongueoutv1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back