Preview Rnd 7 - Carlton vs Essendon* Sunday 2 May 3:20PM @ MCG - Team Post #1104

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battlers who compete like Newnes and Betts and Gibbons, all of whom were significantly worse in their efforts and performance last week?
At least we didn't blow a pick 6 on them. They are foot soldiers who fill a role. SPS is supposed to be the core of our future and he is as timid as they come.

SPS has been awful. He should have been dropped a long time ago

Teague finally working out that our drafting has been abysmal and soft outsiders with no intent cannot match it with decent afl sides.

I'd rather battlers who compete than silly outsiders who are passive
When he was drafted he was a noted tackling machine -- look up his tackling stats early in his career -

Stocker a better option

SPS would have been a better rotation with Cuners

If they play Dow as a mid only, okay, but if they don't, it's a poor change
Dow is definitely a pure inside mid. I like Dave, but my memory struggles to recall Samo's last patch of good games. Murph and him should have been dropped 4 weeks ago.

What an absolute farce that Casboult and Betts are retained in the side, yet SPS who was given one game running wing and around the ball last week is dropped.

Teague needs to go. Has no idea!
We don't have anyone to replace Cas.

SPS gets one game played up the ground after two seasons behind the ball and is then dropped.

Surprise!! Murphy's injured.

Surprise again!!! So is Williams.

Dow comes back in after an underwhelming 20 touches in a thumping VFL win.

Owies kicks regular goals without selection for ages. Kicks none last week and gets picked.

View attachment 1116251

Sps is softer than Murphy and that’s saying a lot. He needed to be dropped..

Dow had 20 and 10 clearances in 3/4 of footy, had to come in to play mid

At least we didn't blow a pick 6 on them. They are foot soldiers who fill a role. SPS is supposed to be the core of our future and he is as timid as they come.

SPS has been awful. He should have been dropped a long time ago
The pick we used is irrelevant to the current output. He was clearly, clearly better than those three last week despite being played up the ground for the first time this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Battlers who compete like Newnes and Betts and Gibbons, all of whom were significantly worse in their efforts and performance last week?
Just for the record Stamos, I am an SPS fan and fuming that he was the one dropped.
One of our best users who is played out of position and still does his job.
Teague's bias will create issues within this club.

When he was drafted he was a noted tackling machine -- look up his tackling stats early in his career -
Mate this bloke sticks his hand out rather than attacking the ball. He never kicks more than 20 metres and he goes missing for huge chunks of games. He has been consistently inconsistent but gets gifted games. Not a kid anymore. He needs to actually stand up and impact a game

I'm with you BD.
In all my years as a supporter and member I do not recall this much bias and favouritism in selection ever.
Interesting how just the one player was responsible for last weeks pathetic performance.
Cas will be dropped as soon as TDK is ready to go.

Sps is softer than Murphy and that’s saying a lot. He needed to be dropped..

Dow had 20 and 10 clearances in 3/4 of footy, had to come in to play mid
SPS needs an actual chance to work himself into form and confidence in his natural position. With that I bet he would look a lot "harder" whatever that means.

I'll take the Dow feedback, but why not a whole game?

SPS gets one game played up the ground after two seasons behind the ball and is then dropped.

Surprise!! Murphy's injured.

Surprise again!!! So is Williams.

Dow comes back in after an underwhelming 20 touches in a thumping VFL win.

Owies kicks regular goals without selection for ages. Kicks none last week and gets picked.

View attachment 1116251

Whule they aren’t the changes i was expecting, Dow was excellent in the reserves and his 20 dtouches came before being rested for the whole last quarter. Essendon’s midfield is a good matchup for him - Curnow tags Parish, Cripps hunts the ball and he gets free reign. This is a confidence booster and his best shot to have a breakout game IMO (I reckon it’s now or never). The same with Cuningham too - I’m expecting a lot of midfield time (and if I’m not mistaken he got 3

I think they have realised SPS is a mid, and want to give him a week or two to work on patterns etc in the reserves after training in defence. Plus I just think we need another defender back there with Docherty and Saad the offensive options.

Parks replaces SPS and Dow replaces Williams. If you believe Murphy is injured then Owies is next up, regardless of last week. And Betts stays because who else goes forward?

I see the plan - they want not just a win, but a WIN with kids exciting, Betts running a couple in at point blank range, etc. that’s also definitely on the cards... as long as we stick to our guns vs Essendon’s pressure this should be a 10 goal win that we all walk away happy with.

Not arguing against that but SPS is the definition of what's wrong with our list. I'd trade him so fast!
If you had your way, would not be long at all before we saw him starring in a team that played him in a suitable position. Nothing wrong with this kid's skill and natural tendencies. Let's hope the coaching staff wakes up and we reap the benefits.

Honestly last two weeks all I've read is play the kids... winge winge winge.

We pick Owies Dow and Parks.. more wingeing.

The match committee genuinely can't win.

yes. That is why we are 2 and 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back