Preview 2023 Rd 10 Carlton vs Collingwood Sunday May 21 3:20PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in ...

IN: Jordan Boyd

OUT: Alex Cincotta

SUB: Hewett

Ed Curnow has been elevated to the starting 22, while George Hewett has been confirmed as starting sub.

Backs:Sam DochertyLewis YoungNic Newman
Half-backs:Mitch McGovernJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Ed CurnowHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies
Sub:George Hewett
Emergencies:Alex CincottaTom De KoningZac Fisher

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate the build up to these games tbh. Losing to both this mob and Essendon is a horrible feeling, but on the other side of that they're awesome games and occasions when you win.

I just hope that Vossy has the boys ready to get at Collingwood later on, and hopefully we'll be celebrating an epic and memorable Carlton win. Carn you mighty Baggers!

Cowan is a long way ahead of stocker at the same age.

Basically Cowan is taller, a better runner, and possibly a better kick. Better penetration at least. Also has the physicality that many liked in stocker.

At this early stage the selection of Cowan looks very good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Stocker is 23, played 30 games and is five years older than Cowan who’s played 6 games in his debut year and only turned 18 last Dec.

Should come back in 5 years and do a comparison over a larger sample of games. I think Cowan will turn out to be the best of our 2022 draft picks imo, and a better defender than Stocker.

Cowan runs rings around the Carlton version of stocker lol
It’s a funny little bias we have, the way we convince ourselves something we have lost was never any good anyway.

To be clear, I’m not saying Cowan will be better than Stocker, or visa versa, but Stocker averaged 3 more touches .5 less marks, and .3 more tackles. From a similar sample size in his first season.

Personally I agree, I think Cowan has slightly more potential. Is that an argument for delisting one and drafting the other? Not particularly imo.

Hill has largely been a winger across his whole career and just checking his heat maps in his last few games they resemble that of a winger. And with Cowan/Stocker - Cowan has been on our list for 6 months, Stocker was there for 4 years so not sure how we can compare who looks more promising but we can't say Stocker wasn't given a chance. All my posts were saying was that he should have been kept as depth but I didn't see him as a 200-gamer for us - not sure what part you are disagreeing with.
Go look at his games from last year then. His role has changed this year under a new coach. Regardless, the point remains.

I disagree that he couldn’t be a 200 game player for us. I already highlighted that our hbf are getting on in age. If he’s going to play 200 for the saints then why not us?

It’s just another poor list management decision.

Anyway, not the place for this discussion.

Whilst I agree I moreso think it was just more piss poor development and progression planning that saw a player get moved on by necessity - he no longer wanted to be here. So yeah bad result but I'm more leaning towards the way Carlton develops players, negatively.

Please don’t put any sort of pressure on our boys.
Funny Cats Cat Fight GIF

Go look at his games from last year then. His role has changed this year under a new coach. Regardless, the point remains.

I disagree that he couldn’t be a 200 game player for us. I already highlighted that our hbf are getting on in age. If he’s going to play 200 for the saints then why not us?

Anyway, not the place for this discussion.

My opinion from ‘reading between the lines ‘ on the Stocker decision was that he wasn’t liked by the players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a funny little bias we have, the way we convince ourselves something we have lost was never any good anyway.

To be clear, I’m not saying Cowan will be better than Stocker, or visa versa, but Stocker averaged 3 more touches .5 less marks, and .3 more tackles. From a similar sample size in his first season.

Personally I agree, I think Cowan has slightly more potential. Is that an argument for delisting one and drafting the other? Not particularly imo.

It’s a funny little bias we have for players who show physicality. Never mind if that player can’t run and as a result struggles to run both ways and gets continually run down when disposing of the ball ultimately rushing the kick. That is what we watched for 4 or 5 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Going to be wet not sure who that advantages more.. should neutralise their speed but also makes it harder for our forwards.
Both of our key forward are good below their feet. Especially Charles.

Hopefully stops Collingwoods intercept kicking game through the middle.

We need to run it by hand more…I know this goes without saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee the Dockers put together some fantastic handball 'strings' of play yesterday.

Made the Cats look very ordinary.

Agree will turn it into a territory game and make it even harder to exit D50, Harry will need to play further up the ground to help.

Winning contested ball is meaningless with the stoppage structures we've been using. Hack kicks are a 'contest win' but they do jack s**t really.

Need to harness the contest wins into an actual real way of moving the ball forward and keeping possession.
Yeah, opposition planning has minimized the damage we can do at stoppages as we are a one trick pony. The W.C game was the only time we were getting out the front of the stoppages, the better sides have been setting up to prevent it.

We’ve won 8 of our last 22, so it’s reasonable to conclude we’ve been a bottom 8 team for 12 months. Watching them lately it certainly feels that way.

We just don’t have enough dangerous and reliable goal kickers to make the 8 this year, but today is about an honest performance that at least gives us hope for the future - that’s all I want out of today.

Pies have a strong winning culture and take far more pride in how they approach their footy, so let’s just see how our lads can measure up today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back