Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in ...

IN: Cincotta, McGovern

OUT: Saad (hamstring), De Koning (managed), Plowman

NEW:
Cincotta (debut)

After starting last weekend as substitute, Josh Honey has been elevated into the 22.

Round 6 Team v St Kilda
Backs:Jacob WeiteringNic NewmanLewis Young
Half-backs:Alex Cincotta (DEBUT)Mitch McGovernBlake Acres
Centreline:Sam WalshPatrick CrippsOllie Hollands
Half-forwards:Zac FisherHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettAdam Cerra
Interchange:Lachie CowanEd CurnowJosh Honey
Matthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Tom De KoningBrodie KempLochie O'Brien
Lachie Plowman

Plow isn’t playing VFL. Big Durdin isn’t playing VFL either.

I’m 99% certain Gov doesn’t get up. (Based on the no Plow).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Plow is out there but started the game late. Maybe they were thinking of keeping him back.

Plow is out there but I worry there no Sam Durdin out there too and he was not even named an emergency in seniors. Sick of late outs but it looks half a chance again if Durdin, Kemp and O Brien all held back for seniors, just in case.

Plow is on field in twos.

The Durdin one is perplexing. If he is actually held over for seniors, I would be concerned for Weiters or Young. Durds from outside squad, when Plow was in it??? The other option would be Young required to ruck???

Edit: Durdin could have had a niggle himself.

Plow is on field in twos.

The Durdin one is perplexing. If he is actually held over for seniors, I would be concerned for Weiters or Young. Durds from outside squad, when Plow was in it??? The other option would be Young required to ruck???

Edit: Durdin could have had a niggle himself.
Most likely the later but either way it not what we want.

Be more like the Cats.

It's a rare occasion that a Cats player hits a contest (and that includes applying pressure, smothers, tackles etc) with anything less than full courage and commitment, whether offensively or defensively. They're a team of hard-arses. Would love to see the same from our players, although I know I'm not going to get it.

Will be watching the players' attitude with interest today. There were some concerning signs last week, which I assume (and hope) were a one-off.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon that if you can't get excited about a game like this in Round 6 of the season it may be time to give up on the football altogether. Go Blues!

Seriously. We loved Kreuzer but his tap work was well below par. Not sure he's the best person to teach our up coming rucks.

Having said that: "those who can't, teach"

But our ruck devision has been poor for a long time.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
So Hardwick, Barassi, Parkin, Clarkson, Scott, Sheedy, Malthouse etc etc etc all "can't" in your world of education and and teaching

The way we beat them is if our key position players dominate. Weitering, McKay and Curnow.

They are exactly the sort of team that beat it. A high pressure team that is all about speed, fast ball movement, quick closing pressure.

Watched them against Collingwood last week, they were good, had they been a little cleaner skills wise they could have won.

Our slow midfield is a worry. The game needs to stay contested and we need to win the contests.

The annoying thing about us is our big forward intimidate the opposition, we force teams to run back hard and push numbers back. If our ball movement was any good and we could run and carry and really move the ball we would gas teams. We would get the opposition losing energy to run forward. Our lack of run from defence is a worry. A lot of pressure on Acres who is a winger and first gamer Cincotta to rack up big numbers and give us drive. IMO if they can we probably win. Other wise I can see us getting smashed on the outside and lacking run from behind the play and hence struggling with ball movement.

Good signs in the VFL game. Dow proved he should be playing this week. Boyd a strong show and Carroll also showing he is not far away either. Binns also getting some big numbers. With Acres back he probably should be in the side as well, his form has been consistently good for a long time.

I have doubts our coach is willing to change the side away from what his idea of best 22 is. This worries me.

Back to this game. Our talls dominate, our big slow mids get a lot of the ball and clearances, our new defenders step up. We can win this game, but it will be tough, they are a good side who play the sort of footy that beats us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back