Preview 2023 Rd 18 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Saturday July 15 4:35PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Tom De Koning
OUT: Matthew Kennedy (knee), Lewis Young

After starting last weekend as sub, George Hewett has been elevated into the 22

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Jordan BoydMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsSam Walsh
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Forwards:David CuninghamHarry McKayJack Martin
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraSam Docherty
Interchange:Alex CincottaMatthew CottrellGeorge Hewett
Jack Silvagni
Emergencies:Paddy DowOllie HollandsCaleb Marchbank
Jesse Motlop

Great turnaround in key stats. I rate the Freo win a lot but not the other two games. Port will solidify the belief for me.

Next concern is 'can the Blues maintain that much hard work over a 5-6 period' as they looked out on their feet after the Freo game.

I'm hoping they can sustain it as that will be the blueprint for 2024.
I rate each of the wins for different reasons (aside from applauding every Blues win), with the Freo win a nice little crescendo.

But there’s four games coming up against contenders, starting today, that’ll genuinely highlight how meaningful the change in stats are and the extent to which we’ve made the necessary tactical and mental changes.

Build on the last 3 weeks and sustain the effort over the remainder of the H&A season could lead to just about anything. In any case, it’s been enjoyable to watch.

Has there been any whispers re Gov being a late out? Would be an enormous win if he gets up.

Feeling less confident watching collingwood smash freo…hopefully they can make a statement today…I was hoping they made a statement against Brisbane earlier this season after beating west coast by 100…very depressing walk back to the car in the rain

Anyone at the stadium watching the warm up afee mins ago? Who was wearing the white boots, having kick to kick with cotters, looked a bit like Dow but im up level 3 without my specs 😵‍💫

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feeling less confident watching collingwood smash freo…hopefully they can make a statement today…I was hoping they made a statement against Brisbane earlier this season after beating west coast by 100…very depressing walk back to the car in the rain
We sucked the life out of Fremantle's season and they also lost a few key players for today. They were always going to get smashed.

It’s going to be tough no doubt; 2nd (and 13 wins in a row) vs 12th is no easy task. But if we bring and build upon what we’ve shown over the past 3 games, no reason we can’t push them hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back