Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in ...

IN:
Matthew Cottrell
OUT: Ed Curnow, George Hewett

TS-Post-2.jpg

Re Motlop, just because he kicked 4 against the dregs of the VFL?

One punter who watched him said he was "lazy AF" for much of the game.....

With Martin and Cuners playing well as X factor, no need to change the status quo.

Owies does a decent job too.
Yeah I agree. I didn’t watch vfl last game but based on previous viewings mots doesn’t do enough of what owies does and Martin and cunners both provide X factor.

Hope everyone is bracing for Gerard and Derm commentary tomorrow (they usually are rostered on for twilight Sunday Twilight Games)

Dermie's special comments is rather like a box of chocolates, he is either brilliant or utter crud (although lately he has been crud, he has been annoying most of the season)

Hope everyone is bracing for Gerard and Derm commentary tomorrow (they usually are rostered on for twilight Sunday Twilight Games)

Dermie's special comments is rather like a box of chocolates, he is either brilliant or utter crud (although lately he has been crud, he has been annoying most of the season)
Don’t forget Pav and he’s unbiased commentary

Like the team except for Fogarty ahead of Hewett.

Surely Hewett is an accomplished enough payer to be getting a game regularly?
especially coming up against such a strong midfield?
I’m glad you’re not on the selection committee.

Taking out our best pressure forward and replacing him with a slow inside mid..

has he been injured until two weeks ago, how come he has only played two matches?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"best pressure forward"- has played 5 matches in almost two years, had one good game in a match that the team one by ten goals and you're calling him that? Seriously how could you credit him based on one match?
Also happens to be the same match that Hewett started sub and played only a quarter so can hardly be judged on.

has he been injured until two weeks ago, how come he has only played two matches?
Fogarty had major back surgery over summer and missed the first half of the season. Played maybe four reserves games and averaged 23 touches and 5 tackles a game to earn a recall.

Has played two good link up games since his return. Deserved his chance and has taken it so far.

"best pressure forward"- has played 5 matches in almost two years, had one good game in a match that the team one by ten goals and you're calling him that? Seriously how could you credit him based on one match?
Also happens to be the same match that Hewett started sub and played only a quarter so can hardly be judged on.
I should have said best pressure forward last week.

It’s all about team balance. For me, Hewitt only comes in for one of Cripps, Kennedy, Cerra or Walsh.

When you look at the teams, we really should win this. We must maintain the structure and discipline of the past couple of weeks though. Our midfield has to be switched on to neutralise their ruck domination, and Freo's mids are far better than Hawthorn's to take advantage.

This is our real test to see if we have turned this thing around or not.

When you look at the teams, we really should win this. We must maintain the structure and discipline of the past couple of weeks though. Our midfield has to be switched on to neutralise their ruck domination, and Freo's mids are far better than Hawthorn's to take advantage.

one word... intensity.

(aka hunger for the contest, doing the 1%ers....)

Sean Darcy is touting their smaller, more fleet of foot midfielders to get the job done. There's a challenge laid down.

So a ruckman is irrelevant now? Maybe a similar touted finalist on their home ground with similar all-ground capabilities is a 'should win' game to some - to a neutral observer just looking at the line up - Carlton will have done very well to win and should be expected to lose this one by 2-3 goals.

Ok -well here is the post game commentary in nutshell.

If Carlton loses sack VosS.
If Carlton wins 'where was this before" ?

So a ruckman is irrelevant now? Maybe a similar touted finalist on their home ground with similar all-ground capabilities is a 'should win' game to some - to a neutral observer just looking at the line up - Carlton will have done very well to win and should be expected to lose this one by 2-3 goals.

Ok -well here is the post game commentary in nutshell.

If Carlton loses sack VosS.
If Carlton wins 'where was this before" ?

For me, if Carlton loses it’s about how they lose. A competitive game with a close loss will be disappointing but wouldn’t be disheartened because freo are a significantly better team at home.

A win, and it’s more about showing Voss has finally got the players he wants in the side performing the required roles.

It’s a big test game and hopefully they prevail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back