Preview 2023 Rd 21 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday August 6 3:20PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 changes

IN: Fisher
OUT: Cerra (hamstring), McGovern (hamstring)

After starting last weekend as sub, Paddy Dow has been elevated into the starting side.

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Alex CincottaCaleb MarchbankAdam Saad
Centreline:Sam DochertyPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Jack MartinCharlie CurnowZac Fisher
Forwards:Jesse MotlopMarc PittonetMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningGeorge HewettPaddy Dow
Interchange:Blake AcresMatthew CottrellDavid Cuningham
Lachie Fogarty
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsEd CurnowSam Durdin
Josh Honey

Unfortunately the two results last night went the wrong way. Port and gws winning was better insurance if we lose. Alas. Still completely up to Carlton which is nice.
I like that we cannot rely on results to make it. Keeping the edge on. Massive game for Crippa, he needs to overcome the oppo taggers, they have a few options for the job with a rather negative mindset. (Steele and Windhager most likely).
Very relevant game for Dow and Fisher regarding their careers. Great opportunity to stake a claim in the competition. George Hewett, Doc and Acres will be giving us plenty around the stoppages, so will not be as disadvantaged as one might think with three first choice mids out of action.

Hoping Pitto and TDK are up and about to tag team Marshall who is often their fire starter.

Just spent 10 minutes reading ALL 3 pages of pre match 'analysis' on the 'Aints board. Over there analysis consists mostly of personal slurs against current and even former Carlton players.

If brains were dynamite.....

I'll be back shortly, I suddenly feel theneed to shower

It’s epic levels of peasantry. Though unsurprising for that mob.

Think our backline remains the key.

Marchy for Guv is not exactly a like for like (Guv's kicking much better), but Marchy is quality.

He'll do his job well and the rest of the back 6/7 are in fine form collectively.

Their backline has been pretty good this year, their bigger problem has been scoring.

We have the talent forward of centre to get enough looks - and convert.

Sam Durdin warming up with the boys according to Twitter

Disagree in the sense that Port were never beating the Cats at Kardinia and GWS losing is better for us than them winning.

Their last three games are Port in Adelaide (a loss), Essendon at Giants Stadium (50/50) then us at Marvel Stadium (a loss).

They'll be shot after Port deals with them, thus not taking one of the 5-8 spots.
Huh?? Regardless of whether they were going to win or not a port win remains better for us.

And a Swans loss is plenty better for us that logic is just wrong. You can't just write them off...
I’d say GWS losing was the best result as it places further important on the final game of the season in terms of potentially deciding the fate of both clubs.
further importance on the final game? I'm saying in terms of insurance if we lose this one. We'd prefer the Swans weren't there with their percentage to keep pressure on.

It's still in the club's hands but it'd undeniable the other results were better incase of Carlton mishaps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spending the match with the enemy in a Saints members' box, so I will be cheering incognito today as was told strictly not to wear any Blues gear 🤣 Very fragile lot. Must be the 150yrs of thumpings delivered by the mighty Blues to their irrelevant club. Hoping for a very quiet atmosphere due to the huge pumping of the St Skidmarks by our boys. Let's go!

You Can Do It Waterboy GIF
Do a Superman in last q if winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back