Fixture Rnd 24 Fixture Confirmed - Sunday 27th August 6.10PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Charlie will know how many he needs for the Coleman after Taylor Walker kicks his bag against west coast

Walker ‘should’ be about 6 in front by then all things being equal.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hopefully this is the only thing we have on the line in this game.

Don't care who we play in the first week of finals.

The only game I want to avoid in September is Brisbane at the GABBA.

I think we all want that first final (if we make it) to be in Melbourne.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So my better half's a Giants fan, told her lets go to Melbourne for final round, Giants play Blues potentially for finals berth for both teams. Sounds great.

Only catch is that if the AFL put the game on at 4:40 we won't be able to watch the game as we'll need to fly home to pick up kids That's never going to happen AFL will want either a day or night game to get maximum crowds for such an important game I say confidently.

Baby sitters arranged free frequent flyer flights and nice accommodation booked.

Here we go !

Nek Minit AFL says we still hate Carlton and only want a crowd to watch on Kayo/Fox, to minimise Carlton's gate takings lets put the game on after 6pm on SUNDAY!!!.

:angry::angry::angry::cryv1::cryv1::cryv1:

Bloody hell.
Ripper time slot for trains to come home to Ballarat. If the first ones full ya wait til 11.00. 🤦🤦🤦
There has been no consideration for supporters from Regional areas or kids.
Even those of us from metro Melbourne will not get home until late.
My daughter lives in Warrnambool and was planning to come up for the game, she may not now.

Personally happy with it, the final 8 will be set and we will know exactly where a win and a loss will leave us before we start

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends... I think the deal is that if there are more than one Melbourne match in week 1, Marvel gets one. Then it goes by which side finishes higher as to who gets first preference.
The afl own the stadium if Carlton plays a final against even gws it would fill the G. Look back at the tigs vs gws they got 100k at the prelim

Depends... I think the deal is that if there are more than one Melbourne match in week 1, Marvel gets one. Then it goes by which side finishes higher as to who gets first preference.
Who says it goes by which side finishes higher as to who gets first preference?

Obviously our game is being used to showcase for dramatic purposes with the close final 8 logjam of possibilities…
Saturday arvo, twilight or night would have made more sense…

Should always be for the maximum amount of members and supporters of their clubs being able to attend the game…
It is how they'd decide it. Fanciful to think they'd put Bulldogs v GWS at the MCG for example and Carlton v Geelong at Marvel even if Bulldogs finished higher and wanted to play at MCG.

It is how they'd decide it. Fanciful to think they'd put Bulldogs v GWS at the MCG for example and Carlton v Geelong at Marvel even if Bulldogs finished higher and wanted to play at MCG.
I agree, it’s certainly what the AFL decide…
I’d say that those games you have given examples of would certainly be played at the reversed grounds, whether Dogs finished higher or not…
Purely on drawing power…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back