Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"

LOCKED IN.

The fixture has been announced for Round 24, with Carlton set to have a standalone home game on Sunday evening.

Taking on the Giants in the final round of the regular, the game will take place on Sunday 27 August at Marvel Stadium at 6:10pm (AEST).

The game will be the last match for the entire season, meaning all eyes will be on the Blues under lights come Round 24.

How is it that potentially 5 teams who will be in the 8 are playing on Sunday... and of course the Pies play on the Friday against the *. Last year us vs Pies was the final game on the Sunday too.

wtf-gif.gif

Rewarded with our form and the fact it's seen as the blockbuster match-up finals importance wise, with a timeslot where families can't attend and it's on Pay TV only. Not ideal from a commercial perspective.

How is it that potentially 5 teams who will be in the 8 are playing on Sunday... and of course the Pies play on the Friday against the *. Last year us vs Pies was the final game on the Sunday too.
With the Bye after the round it doesn't matter too much, though it's not as great time slot for attendance.

Charlie will know how many he needs for the Coleman after Taylor Walker kicks his bag against west coast

With the Bye after the round it doesn't matter too much, though it's not as great time slot for attendance.
That's the point, the AFL doesn't have the feel for the common attendee. Hawks v Freo/Crows v Eagles, North v GC, could've been the 2 at least on the Sunday as no one by that point is either really going to go see them and Eagles/Freos fans usually attend on Sundays... they don't have anyone of note retiring for fans to want to say farewell to really any of those teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully this is the only thing we have on the line in this game.

Don't care who we play in the first week of finals.

The only game I want to avoid in September is Brisbane at the GABBA.
In some ways I'd like to play GWS first week of the finals because I reckon there'd be more Carlton supporters at the one game than there's ever been at a game before.

Poor time slot for most supporters I presume, but suits me and Junior BRs perfectly coming from interstate (assuming I can get tickets) 🙂.

* the AFL. They couldn't dump us into the twilight zone hours quick enough when we stumbled, yet were still one of the most watched teams.
Just keep winning and stick it up them!!!! Win a premiership and make their darling clubs like the Aints and Bummers spew even more!!!! F@#kem.
One more time with passion, Surrey 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back