Preview 2023 Rd 24 Carlton vs GWS Sunday August 27 6:10PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in ...

IN: Cerra, Fogarty, McGovern, Walsh, C. Durdin
OUT: Cripps (soreness), Docherty (soreness), E.Curnow, Marchbank, Pittonet, Motlop (illness)

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Blake AcresSam WalshOllie Hollands
Half-forwards:Jack MartinHarry McKayDavid Cuningham
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Matthew CottrellPaddy DowZac Fisher
Corey Durdin
Emergencies:Ed CurnowMarc PittonetCaleb Marchbank

*Update 26th August

Last edited:
Carlton Team:

"Hey Charlie we want to rest you"

Charlie:

Hell GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Ok so where will this game be won?

Pressure of course will be manic.

Our back 6 will make life very hard for Oppo forwards.

CB’s will be tightly contested - interesting to see how TDK handles rucking all day.

We need to win it out of the centre - our forwards will take care of the rest.

I think we always had a thought DeKoning would become a forward ruck and he hasn't quite come on in that area.
SOS was inconsistent on this one. When we drafted him, he said they saw TDK as a key forward. After that, he said they saw him as a ruckman. I therefore tend to agree with your views on how it has all played out.

Toby is a given, Newman the best option but happy that we try a different option leading into finals

Whitfield needs to be respected, has had a solid year and given them plenty of drive

Weitering, Kemp, Gov to focus on their handovers/intercepts as we will be undersized with Keeffe, Riccardi, Hogan. Himmelberg a swing option

Taylor will take Harry, Buckley v Charlie. Himmelberg will want to float across the contest

Not liking Pitto or Jsos being out, don't want Harry at centre bounces, but will need to do the forward half stoppages

Couldn't care less for the result, just no injuries and returning players finding some touch will do me

I call it as I see it, GWS are the 4th or 5th best side on form, this is their grand final. We may have little to play for and a bunch of players coming off 4 to 6 week injuries. I predict we will lose this and then run deep during the finals. We can win the flag
I hear you. No guarantees we'll win today.
But then I remember they have travelled, and we have Walshy and Cerra back.
Should be a fantastic game.

I am hopeful that today will turn into a celebration of what we have achieved so far, with the hard yards to come after this. I’m looking forward to hearing nearly 50,000 fans in full voice, creating one of the great atmospheres at a Carlton game.

To those of you on this forum who will be in attendance, have a blast!
I’ll be there with my 2 sons and we will be VERY LOUD particularly when Charlie kicks his 2nd in the first quarter!!!

I am hopeful that today will turn into a celebration of what we have achieved so far, with the hard yards to come after this. I’m looking forward to hearing nearly 50,000 fans in full voice, creating one of the great atmospheres at a Carlton game.

To those of you on this forum who will be in attendance, have a blast!
Might do a Tarzan call just for you if we win. (Not really..cos horse...
But will think it for you.😉)

We do look a little under-size in defence. Maybe Marchy will be sub, as cover.

Big Tom will hopefully be at his best tonight, Briggs has been playing very well for them.

George in top form over the last month, should match up on Tom Green.

Daniels has been good for them this year, clever little fella. Saady to keep him honest.

Will back our B and F favourite Newy to do a great job on Toby.

No fresh injuries and a win would be awesome, then bring on the Dogs. GB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really hoping to see Cerra and Walsh hit the form they were in prior to getting injured; Walsh is a superb link up player and Cerra’s class and poise delivering inside 50 had nicely rounded out our midfield.

Don’t mind the extra runner in the team; we seem happy to play ‘undersized’ in defence, so would not be surprised to see something odd like McGovern rucking and Cinc taking a tall.

Newman won’t keep Toby to 5 touches again, but nor will Toby sacrifice his game to blanket Newman; great battle.

There’s a dozen players who are playing for a finals spot; I’m hoping that shows in our intensity around the contest.

Best result today … we win, finish 5th and play WB in elimination final. Charlie kicks 2+
Second best result is we lose and Melbourne wins, finish 5th and play Sydney in elimination final. Charlie kicks 2+
If we lose a close one, Sydney wins a close one - we play GWS in elimination final. And yes there is still a chance we get St Kilda …

Blake Acres to do some rucking today?

Blake Acres to do some rucking today?
Absolutely. Around the ground has to be the chop out. Harry will do a bit forward, but doubt he will be at any centre bounces. Most don’t realise that Acres was the chop out ruck at St Kilda for two years (more on than off) during his formative years. A willing soldier, I see it as a certainty (barring a late change)

3 objectives today -

1. Win, however it happens, and send a message to the comp
2. Secure Charlie Coleman
3. Boot the Bullflogs out of the finals
1& 3 are mutually exclusive aren't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back