Preview 2023 Rd 23 Carlton vs Gold Coast Saturday August 19 2:10PM @ Heritage Bank Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Harry McKay
OUT: Lachie Fogarty (soreness), Ed Curnow

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Alex CincottaCaleb MarchbankAdam Saad
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsSam Docherty
Half-forwards:Jack MartinTom De KoningDavid Cuningham
Forwards:Jesse MotlopCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettBlake Acres
Interchange:Matthew CottrellPaddy DowZac Fisher
Harry McKay
Emergencies:Jordan BoydEd CurnowJosh Honey
Jack Silvagni

Anyone have our Magoos line up or know where I can access it?
Bar any Friday night (or earlier) games, teams are published after 5 PM on Friday, which is well before first bounce tomorrow.
Finals start early for us.

Gold Coast and the Giants are both playing to make the finals, so have to eliminate them both
Gold Coast can only make the finals if the Dogs, Essendon, GWS, Geelong, and Adelaide fail to win or draw another game and they themselves win by massive margins to get their percentage over at least 105.

They are a mathematical possibility, sure, but they have no realistic chance at finals.
They are in spoiler/2024 mode right now.

EDIT: GWS and Essendon play each other this week, so it's actually impossible for Gold Coast to make finals due to the minimum premiership points total being set at 46 with 2 games to play.

Last edited:

Play Duffy !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

73162869ba39b65fc4ca44044d36403e.jpg

Please Vossy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rapidly becoming one of my favourite players. Staggering to think we got him for a packet of chips. The bloke's a gun.
thought you were referring to duffy.................then...........yeah, why not!

King out is big for us. Weitering won’t have to respect Chol anywhere near as much and can help Marchbank on Luko. Kemp did well generally using his athleticism against Casboult last time.

Chol doesn’t chase (nor does Sexton much from memory) so I think our backline could be a good source of scores on the rebound this week.

Fog was always rated
Cats still owed us from a couple ordinary deals from way back when henderson got tuohy to follow him.....hesa good player.....was a huge loss..then we got a few very ordinary trades from them then Fog..
Fog had some injury with bad ankle issues similar to kennedy,even daisy...thet take a long time to recover properly from those
Fog just shows how important the coaches and performance team are...they found his sweet spot,plus a few others at the moment

lets hope the team can keep the sweet spot happening..............its good
This is such an odd myth. We traded back and forth and because a group of fans thought the cats won a trade they suddenly owed is a favour....? Fog asked to go because he wanted more playing time. Cats didn't gift us a player just cause... .-.

I'm assuming weitering will need to stand casboult due to his strength.

Kemp on chol.

Marchbank on Lukosius.

Marchbank and Kemp could swap.

There's a reason Chol has been in the 2s though.. showed he's capable last year but is inconsistent and doesn't do a lot of defensive work.
Eh. Kemp smacked casboult last time round.

Rapidly becoming one of my favourite players. Staggering to think we got him for a packet of chips. The bloke's a gun.
Was it a big packet or one of them from the big packets with 5 little packets in.......

And yeah he is a player that doesnt fit in any category...plays big or small, covers the whole ground, can mark and kick a mile and fearless in the contest ...great get.

also a great tactic to have him as our designated kick it out of bounds so the team can catch a breath player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selections make me think they’re going to manage Charlie’s minutes down a little this week. Maybe something like:

Pitto 65 ruck 35 bench
TDK 35 ruck 40 forward 25 bench
McKay 80 forward 20 bench
Charlie 80 forward 20 bench

Would mean we are not super tall forward despite it appearing that we are. Only 2 bugs forward at any one time.

It’s a great concept for them but rotations can’t be considered in isolation

Charlie, Pitto, TDK and Fog last week chewed up 0.65 of a rotation and for the four you describe above it would be 1.0.

This would mean guys like Dow, Cuningham, Hollands and the sub (when in the game) would need to increase their TOG. Not ideal as their young or injury prone and being protected or don’t have the tank

Even if we lose the next two games, i think we could still make the finals if results go in our favour.

If we play as well as we have for the last two months though, then we'll win this with a bit to spare imo.

Last edited:
Even if we lose the next two games, i think we could still make the finals if results go in our favour.

If we play as well as we have for the last two months though, then we'll win this with a bit to spare.

We cannot depend on other results going in our favour.

Need to win & guarantee a spot in the 8.

Our destiny is in our own hands.

This still hurts 😡

IMG_0265.jpeg

We cannot depend on other results going in our favour.

Need to win & guarantee a spot in the 8.

Our destiny is in our own hands.

This still hurts 😡

View attachment 1778024
The difference this year is that even if we lose both games, there would have to be upsets in other games for us to drop out the 8....it's not impossible, but the odds are stacked in our favour.

Having said that, we still want to keep the momentum going, and play the first week of the finals in Melbourne by finishing 5th.

How good is it though to be talking finals right now rather than how high in the draft we're gonna go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back