Preview 2023 Rd 22 Carlton vs Melbourne Saturday August 12 7:30M @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

NO. CHANGES.

Sam Docherty will play his 150th game in the Navy Blue guernsey - the jumper he grew up wearing as a supporter - as Carlton looks to continue its strong run of form from recent months.

Last weekend’s sub, Ed Curnow is the sole omission from the Round 22 team: he has been named as one of four emergencies alongside Jordan Boyd (now available after suspension), Sam Durdin and Josh Honey. One of those four will be named as sub an hour before the bounce.

Backs:Alex CincottaJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Half-backs:Nic NewmanCaleb MarchbankBrodie Kemp
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Jack MartinTom De KoningDavid Cuningham
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam DochertyGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Matthew CottrellPaddy DowZac Fisher
Jesse Motlop
Emergencies:Jordan BoydEd CurnowSam Durdin
Josh Honey

Here’s a nerve settler

Both teams have won their past 5

Carlton average points for 105
Carlton average points against 63

Melb ave points for 102
Melb ave points against 84

Their defence gives up on average 3 1/2 goals more than us , offence breaks even.

Have some confidence - battle of defences on a slippery deck - we win.
Stats would be more relevant if we both played the same 5 teams in that period though….

Just get the job done somehow tonight will do me !!

Was planning on coming down, with my son's. However, getting old and back has flared up.

Just need the boys to come out and do what they have been doing. Heaps of pressure, heaps of run and be first to the ball.

Conditions should suit our smaller types, Mots, Owies, Boyd if he plays. Actually Ed would be a good sub tonight.

Huge game for Dow, against the likes of Trac, Viney and Oliver. Love to see him play a blinder.

On my way in with Sinjin Jnr, * I'm nervous, he's as calm as a yoga teacher on valium, he thinks we have this.

We need Cripps to go into beast mode, Hewett and Dow to do their things and Curnow to kick at least 4 with Martin, Motlop and co to grab a couple each.

Must lock down on Melksham and Pickett, this is the sort of game they could get a hold of us, especially in the wet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back