Preview 2023 Rd 12 Carlton vs Melbourne Friday June 2 7:50PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Alex Cincotta, Zac Fisher, Lochie O'Brien, Jack Silvagni, Lewis Young
OUT: Corey Durdin (knee), George Hewett (concussion), Ollie Hollands (collarbone), Nic Newman (hamstring), Marc Pittonet (hand), Ed Curnow

Backs:Alex CincottaJacob WeiteringBrodie Kemp
Half-backs:Lewis YoungMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsSam Walsh
Half-forwards:Jesse MotlopCharlie CurnowJack Silvagni
Forwards:Zac FisherHarry McKayMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningMatthew KennedyAdam Cerra
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellSam Docherty
Lochie O'Brien
Emergencies:Ed CurnowPaddy DowLachie Fogarty
Lachie Plowman

Voss presser post game:
"Well, we made him sub.
Unfortunately there was no opportunity for him to come on."
( Voss giggles for a full minute.)
"When the player went down injured, it was a tough call between Paddy and being one down on the bench, but I thought the bench held up well in the end."

So "Cripps /Kennedy/Hewett all together is rubbish" - even though "they played together last year and 'we performed'.."

I'm liking the logic here.
Let me rephrase. Response to the poster suggesting all 3 can't play together.

Ie. Kennedy / Cripps/ Hewett -> but they did in 2022 and performed well.

So under Voss next man up mantra, Dow only comes in when there is a missing inside mid. (One of the 3)

Only that, when there is a missing inside mid, (one of the 3) he still doesnt come in.

Narrative then switches to we have too many inside mids, so Dow doesnt fit

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Let me rephrase. Response to the poster suggesting all 3 can't play together.

Ie. Kennedy / Cripps/ Hewett -> but they did in 2022 and performed well.

So under Voss next man up mantra, Dow only comes in when there is a missing inside mid. (One of the 3)

Only that, when there is a missing inside mid, (one of the 3) he still doesnt come in.

Narrative then switches to we have too many inside mids, so Dow doesnt fit

Voss has been rotating every mid except Cripps - he wants player able to play at lest two roles...
Peopel have been making thsi point for months to teh Dow fanboyz - you dont wish to understand what is going on...

Voss has been rotating every mid except Cripps - he wants player able to play at lest two roles...
Peopel have been making thsi point for months to teh Dow fanboyz - you dont wish to understand what is going on...

Dow's form has warranted the opportunity to play seniors, not sure why that makes posters "Dow fanboyz" as you say....it's called selection integrity.

Hollands/Cowan/Cincotta/Motlop/Durdin/Kemp/Honey

all being played by Voss - kinda makes your statement ...a tad questionable.

Silvagni/Ed Curnow/Fisher/LoB all previous starting players - all dropped by Voss as well as Young...

I think players are being given opportunity - and plenty of it.

a bit of fairness taking into account facts as demonstrated by actual team sheets - might be warranted dont you think?
Talking about Voss at Brisbane.

The 5 that left all played games under Voss just as many as the players you have listed.

Docherty 13
Karnezis 21
Yeo 27
Polec 16
Longer 9

I dont have a crystal ball, and cant predict the future, for our kids but comment was in relation posters observations of Brisbane Voss.

I would be tempted to play Cripps forward given his bad form and he is too slow. Should move Saad onto the Wing and play this midfield which is much quicker.

Acres------------------Cerra------------------Saad

Foll: De Koning, Dow, Walsh

I hope they let Fisher play some midfield time tonight. To me, it seems pointless if you let him get back in form in the midfield in the reserves and just play him only in a forward role when he is in the AFL team.

Problem is he’s the best and most productive HFF we have.

I like Cottrell on the other side but he pushes quite high and doesn’t find the ball like Fish can. Cotters more competitive in the contest of course.

I think we are getting towards the right mix provided they all play how we know they can.

I am not a Dow fanboy and I doubt alot of posters here are.

However, clearly what Voss wants isnt working is it?

Therefore changing things up and giving Dow a go to reward good reserves form is all most are asking?

Most of us, want to see some changes to the mix, a little speed in the middle ideally. Dow is the obvious example in the 2s to get a chance.

Assume you will be barracking for his non performance tonight, based off your comment....as he can't play 2 positions....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's pretty dismissive Jab.

What second role have those guys been able to play this year? When they do, they've done as well as Dow used to do at half forward.

Don't get me wrong, when Dow was playing seniors, his defensive efforts infuriated me.

This year, I've been infuriated by many senior players defensive efforts. I've been infuriated by their clearance efforts too.

I'm now at the stage where I want to take another look at Dow with all of his so called limitations, because I've seen everyone else's limitations on full display this season, and am hoping that he has found some improvement in his game when it translates to the big time.

I'm far from a Dow fan boy. I do want the VFL to be a stepping stone though and not a graveyard.

When things are going bad, you need a circuit breaker. Invariably that's a coach sacking but before we do that again, game plan tweaks and selection change ups to find a better mix, can be that circuit breaker.

Is there a pass mark for Dow tonight? Let's assume he gets a QTR?
It’s hard, depends where the game is at & how much time- 1 qtr sucks as he will come in and really try & probably try to hard.
Pass mark is opening up play and creating some drive & a few quality clearances. Doing something with the opportunities that present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back