Preview 2023 Rd 12 Carlton vs Melbourne Friday June 2 7:50PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Alex Cincotta, Zac Fisher, Lochie O'Brien, Jack Silvagni, Lewis Young
OUT: Corey Durdin (knee), George Hewett (concussion), Ollie Hollands (collarbone), Nic Newman (hamstring), Marc Pittonet (hand), Ed Curnow

Backs:Alex CincottaJacob WeiteringBrodie Kemp
Half-backs:Lewis YoungMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsSam Walsh
Half-forwards:Jesse MotlopCharlie CurnowJack Silvagni
Forwards:Zac FisherHarry McKayMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningMatthew KennedyAdam Cerra
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellSam Docherty
Lochie O'Brien
Emergencies:Ed CurnowPaddy DowLachie Fogarty
Lachie Plowman

I almost fell over when Voss said TDk will be “well supported” by Jack in the ruck. I can only hope he was foxing. IMO Young must back up TDk in the rucks. If SOS rucks we’ll get slaughtered like we did against the Pies. I actually would mind seeing SOS go behind the ball and Gov going forward.

I’m not big on bashing Voss’ game plan nor his non selection of Dow but some of the positional stuff has been truly baffling and really makes me question his coaching capabilities. SOS in the ruck should have been shelved forever after the Pies game. Same goes for Kennedy at half back.
Works ok if a side is only playing 1 recognised ruck

I will be sharing a cheese platter with my Dees mate in the MCC :laughv1:

a263e7a31ec6902ce30d863ccf18f41fdd938147
This never gets old. What a classic!

I almost fell over when Voss said TDk will be “well supported” by Jack in the ruck. I can only hope he was foxing. IMO Young must back up TDk in the rucks. If SOS rucks we’ll get slaughtered like we did against the Pies. I actually would mind seeing SOS go behind the ball and Gov going forward.

I’m not big on bashing Voss’ game plan nor his non selection of Dow but some of the positional stuff has been truly baffling and really makes me question his coaching capabilities. SOS in the ruck should have been shelved forever after the Pies game. Same goes for Kennedy at half back.
and how about our best player against the lions, Cerra, then being moved out of the centre square for the next game?

Absolutely mind boggling stuff.

Did you just see the SuperFooty (HUN) tweet?

*Broken link to the article

Tweet has now been deleted (broken link)

Dow set to get AFL chance in Friday night blockbuster​

Paddy Dow is expected to get a chance to prove himself on the big stage tonight when Carlton face Melbourne at the MCG.

I’d change it up and try Young forward + back up ruck and JSOS in defence. Don’t want to see JSOS rucking. The Dees forward line isn’t massive so it’s workable. We need to change things up. The same old stale plan with the same players in the same position hasn’t worked so get creative Vossy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TDK gets another chance to seize the #1 ruck role for himself over the next 2 weeks.

If he can't do it it's on him and he can go looking for another club at the end of season if he wants but it will change nothing.

There are no clubs in the AFL who don't have another ruck at least as good as Pitto whom he'll need supplant to play guaranteed regular footy.
TDK will struggle in the next three weeks. Gawn/Grundy, Draper, Witts - all guys who have been around the block a few times.
Think this will be a reality check which will lower the $$ expectations come end of the season.
I hope he stays btw - he’s going to develop into a good player.

TDK will struggle in the next three weeks. Gawn/Grundy, Draper, Witts - all guys who have been around the block a few times.
Think this will be a reality check which will lower the $$ expectations come end of the season.
I hope he stays btw - he’s going to develop into a good player.

I fear he will get pretty banged up on the next few weeks…

Team is in …

IN: Alex Cincotta, Zac Fisher, Lochie O'Brien, Jack Silvagni, Lewis Young
OUT: Corey Durdin (knee), George Hewett (concussion), Ollie Hollands (collarbone), Nic Newman (hamstring), Marc Pittonet (hand), Ed Curnow

Backs:Alex CincottaJacob WeiteringBrodie Kemp
Half-backs:Lewis YoungMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsSam Walsh
Half-forwards:Jesse MotlopCharlie CurnowJack Silvagni
Forwards:Zac FisherHarry McKayMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningMatthew KennedyAdam Cerra
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellSam Docherty
Lochie O'Brien
Emergencies:Ed CurnowPaddy DowLachie Fogarty
Lachie Plowman

Why was Young ever dropped?

Two things I don't want to see
Silvagni in the ruck
Taking an elite defender (doc) turning him into an average mid -taking above average mid (Kennedy ) and turning him into a below average defender ..
We’ve named eight defenders (counting Docherty) again. If Kennedy plays at half back this week I’d be surprised … and mystified.
Given team selection, Voss has an opportunity to make some positional changes this week.
Will be interesting to see how committed(some might say stubborn) he is to stick with the approach he’s gone with so far this year.

TDK gets another chance to seize the #1 ruck role for himself over the next 2 weeks.

If he can't do it it's on him and he can go looking for another club at the end of season if he wants but it will change nothing.

There are no clubs in the AFL who don't have another ruck at least as good as Pitto whom he'll need supplant to play guaranteed regular footy.
He's 23 dude, settle down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back