Preview 2023 Rd 22 Carlton vs Melbourne Saturday August 12 7:30M @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

NO. CHANGES.

Sam Docherty will play his 150th game in the Navy Blue guernsey - the jumper he grew up wearing as a supporter - as Carlton looks to continue its strong run of form from recent months.

Last weekend’s sub, Ed Curnow is the sole omission from the Round 22 team: he has been named as one of four emergencies alongside Jordan Boyd (now available after suspension), Sam Durdin and Josh Honey. One of those four will be named as sub an hour before the bounce.

Backs:Alex CincottaJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Half-backs:Nic NewmanCaleb MarchbankBrodie Kemp
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Jack MartinTom De KoningDavid Cuningham
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam DochertyGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Matthew CottrellPaddy DowZac Fisher
Jesse Motlop
Emergencies:Jordan BoydEd CurnowSam Durdin
Josh Honey

Exactly. We’ve just played our best 6 weeks of footy in 23 years. We’re playing 2nd on the ladder and you can more or less lock us in for our first finals appearance in 10 years and it’d be our first finals series where we feel like we’re not just making up the numbers for 23 years as well. I mean let’s get real. I’d say the percentage of our supporters who wouldn’t turn up if they couldn’t also watch the soccer while the footy is on (feels even more ridiculous typing it out) would be under 5 percent. If that.
5% come on, would be so much higher. The last game was the highest rated TV event of the year. I think it will have an impact on attendance, that is the reason the AFL is putting it on. A smart business decision by them

Just got back in from a nice stroll around the Exhibition gardens, nice morning, sun out although it’s a little overcast as well, temperature is on a mild 11 degrees here in Fitzroy…

From the weather app is now unfortunately forecasting for rain later on in the day somewhere between 3pm and 9pm, easing off around game time 1-3ml…

Last edited:
Good morning BlueFolk! :carlton:

Expecting our midfield to earn their pay today - will be a big challenge, but they have stepped up in recent times. 💪👌

The old enemy did their bit last night and kept the Reigning premiers at bay, now we have to finish the job with a win.
If the weather is Shizenhouzen and the ground gets wet, our smalls will really need to step up.

Hoping Fisher can reproduce last weeks effort and Motts can reproduce his effort against Port.
Another game where we need everyone to do their bit.

Go Baggers!

Good morning BlueFolk! :carlton:

Expecting our midfield to earn their pay today - will be a big challenge, but they have stepped up in recent times. 💪👌

The old enemy did their bit last night and kept the Reigning premiers at bay, now we have to finish the job with a win.
If the weather is Shizenhouzen and the ground gets wet, our smalls will really need to step up.

Hoping Fisher can reproduce last weeks effort and Motts can reproduce his effort against Port.
Another game where we need everyone to do their bit.

Go Baggers!
Only need for us to win and for all of Hawks, Richmond, Port, North, Lions and GC to win and we're pretty much in the finals. Thats my wish list for this round.

The beauty of our situation though is that we're not relying on anyone else to make it.

Very excited, humans.👍

Bit of Matildas, then the mighty Baggers to entertain on the big telly.

Most certainly Lamb Roast worthy, with lashings of delicious palate cleansing, low carb brewskies.

Once again, very excited.
Tiramisu dessert?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'd be crazy not to delay the game by ten mins or so if the soccer is still going, no chance channel 7 would not show the end of the Matilda's game.
No delay. If the game goes into OT/penalties, people attending the footy will need to dive into a bar inside the G to see the outcome.
Can understand the thinking around the decision but it’s not ideal.
Let’s hope the Matildas can win it in regular time.

Exactly the way I see it, if you’re that committed to it, you choose it over the footy. You could stay at home or go to the pub if it’s the priority. We’ve all had to make choices on going to the footy or doing something else before, this is no different.

The AFL could even agree to keep it on the internal screens in the bars, walkways etc. and if you choose, you can go and have a look there. But the big screens, the ones on L1 above the seats, nah.

Would be a farce people at the ground in their seats watching the matildas game on screen not the actual footy...or people wanting to watch the footy on the screens but can't.

Imagine games goes into overtime and penalties...would be on the screen for basically the first half of the game. And imagine hearing gasps and cheers relating to the soccer and nothing to do with the footy game.

Carlton win, I have a flight to LA for work at 830 tonight. The last 4 times I’ve been on a plane & Carlton was playing, they won. I just won’t know it for 14 + hours

Also Matilda’s win, as my first flight is Perth to Melbourne during the Matilda’s match. I really didn’t plan these flights well 😡

Very excited, humans.👍

Bit of Matildas, then the mighty Baggers to entertain on the big telly.

Most certainly Lamb Roast worthy, with lashings of delicious palate cleansing, low carb brewskies.

Once again, very excited.
I was excited. Had the plan of exercise, mow the lawn, cook something magnificent and yes a few sherbets and settle in for a sports extravaganza!
Scratch that, got railroaded into picking up someone from the bloody airport at 11 pm.

Grumble grumble grumble evening well and truly rooted.

5% come on, would be so much higher. The last game was the highest rated TV event of the year. I think it will have an impact on attendance, that is the reason the AFL is putting it on. A smart business decision by them
The little fact that both games are on 7 has absolutely nothing to do with it. The AFL trying to look after their broadcaster.

Just watched the first half of the Dees-North game from last weekend...

The Dees were putrid frankly. Lazy even.

They snagged 3 goals in the last 4 minutes of Q2 that got them back in the game, but that was largely due to North losing concentration and missing a few easy chances late too....

We bring our mojo, we got this.

Comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back